Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!

the topic is closed
03/06/2011 13:07:09

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Bow tie!

There are a variety of neck attachments, but no bow tie! It would be handy for james bond type movies and alike.

cheers

D
03/06/2011 15:31:15

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Completely agreed. I have a character who needs a bow tie and alas there isn't one.

A hook hand would still be most excellent...
07/06/2011 12:14:28

Dreeko
Eyes!

I'd Like an option for a single eye, cyclops stylee on a character.
In fact the ability to add as many eyes as we like would be nice.
I have a few character based cartoons from my back catalogue which will have to stay there until these options appear im afraid!

cheers
D
07/06/2011 12:54:33

zacchang
zacchang
How about some headphones for the DJ?
07/06/2011 13:28:11

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Dreeko wrote:
I have a few character based cartoons from my back catalogue which will have to stay there until these options appear im afraid!

Is this some sort of attempt at blackmail?
07/06/2011 14:34:13

Dreeko
mcmillan-ra wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

Is this some sort of attempt at blackmail?

oh god no!
my blackmail attempts are usually photograph based
07/06/2011 19:13:09

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Boots! As in, a sort of ankle cuff that could look like boots if blended into the foot - maybe be able to rotate the laces up higher too...
07/06/2011 21:40:31

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
ziggy72 wrote:
Boots!

I'm all for that - the more the merrier!

Oh wait, BOOTS. Never mind, my mistake.

I'd really like the sleeveless top for guys, it would make for a nice tank top undershirt. And really, the top is already in there, it can't require much to put it over on the male figures as well.

And what the heck: how about a face mask that is a cigar or cigarette or one of each?
25/07/2011 21:25:47

ziggy72
Colour coded cameras! They can be hard to see, grey as they are, among the other objects and it would be good to associate them by colour rather than just number alone.
25/07/2011 21:43:59

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
Colour coded cameras! They can be hard to see, grey as they are, among the other objects and it would be good to associate them by colour rather than just number alone.

Simple and utterly practical suggestion, A must have I feel!
03/08/2011 12:34:20

Dreeko
I'd like to have more control over the shaky camera effect. I can achieve what I want in after effects but the Muvizu logo leaps around aswell obviously.

Cheers
D
03/08/2011 13:00:03

Dreeko
A popular technique used by a lot of users to workaround various problems is green screen (chroma key) . So is it possible for this feature/filter to be built into Muvizu?

Cheers
D
03/08/2011 14:13:51

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Dreeko wrote:
....but the Muvizu logo leaps around aswell obviously.

I had this and worked round by filming a wider view than required. Then in after effects I zoomed in past the shaking Logo and applied a static logo via chroma key on top.

Obviously you lose a bit of quality thisway, but once it's on Youtube it doesn't really matter.

Berty
03/08/2011 15:26:32

Dreeko
ukBerty wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

I had this and worked round by filming a wider view than required. Then in after effects I zoomed in past the shaking Logo and applied a static logo via chroma key on top.

Obviously you lose a bit of quality thisway, but once it's on Youtube it doesn't really matter.

Berty

Good workaround berty!
However, the more we can do within Muvizu before we reach editing the better!

D
03/08/2011 16:51:59

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Dreeko wrote:
A popular technique used by a lot of users to workaround various problems is green screen (chroma key) . So is it possible for this feature/filter to be built into Muvizu?

Cheers
D

Just my opinion, but chromakey or greenscreen filter being applied in an app outside of a video editor application would be very difficult to implement. it's a fairly large "filter" in and of itself, and a lot of video editors have oodles and oodles of code dedicated to implement it.

As ong as I can create the greenscreen, which obviously I can, I'm good with doing the real work in a video editor.

Not saying it's a bad idea mind you, I just thing it's be a real bear to implement.
03/08/2011 16:54:03

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
ukBerty wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

Berty

I do this alot in video editors as well, especially for different camera shots such as zooming and panning... It's a good way to work around limited cameras in the animation app itself, regardless of what it may be. However, how does Muvizu feel about having their logo "cut out" so to speak?
03/08/2011 17:45:36

Dreeko
Wizaerd wrote:

Not saying it's a bad idea mind you, I just thing it's be a real bear to implement.

oh,I have faith in the crazy coders that beaver away at Muvizu HQ

D
03/08/2011 17:55:31

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Dreeko wrote:
Wizaerd wrote:

oh,I have faith in the crazy coders that beaver away at Muvizu HQ

D

We always have the Dreeko signal!!! Toast
12/08/2011 22:35:43

ziggy72
Directional effects! By that I mean being able to 'blow' the effect in whatever direction. I was just watching a vid and a dust storm was blowing across the scene, and a fire effect sat there burning straight up - hmm... Having the option to influence the direction of the effect using a head motion style control could allow you to bend it's course, and make it look better when interacting with the environment/other effects. And where's my guns?! Gun
12/08/2011 23:07:59

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
Directional effects! By that I mean being able to 'blow' the effect in whatever direction. I was just watching a vid and a dust storm was blowing across the scene, and a fire effect sat there burning straight up - hmm... Having the option to influence the direction of the effect using a head motion style control could allow you to bend it's course, and make it look better when interacting with the environment/other effects. And where's my guns?! Gun

Oh good one zig!

Here's another request... head tilt!

We can't tilt the head from side to side. we can turn!, but no tilt?
13/08/2011 00:01:41

RightURKen
RightURKen
ziggy72 wrote:
Directional effects! ...:

Muvizu already has this. Click on "full rotation" and then you can point the effect in the direction you want it to go. It can be a pain since they don't rotate "normal" for lack of a better word. Some trail and error it can be figured out.
edited by RightURKen on 13/08/2011
13/08/2011 19:59:34

ziggy72
RightURKen wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
Directional effects! ...:

Muvizu already has this. Click on "full rotation" and then you can point the effect in the direction you want it to go. It can be a pain since they don't rotate "normal" for lack of a better word. Some trail and error it can be figured out.

Well, sorta...you can aim the effect, yes, but I was meaning bending the effect, so that it's path (eminating from the effect box) can be a variable arc. Smoke doesn't go straight up forever - it will always be affected by the wind, however slight. Also, bending effects (like the laser) could produce some interesting stuff, I think.
13/08/2011 21:49:29

mysto
ziggy72 wrote:

Well, sorta...you can aim the effect, yes, but I was meaning bending the effect, so that it's path (eminating from the effect box) can be a variable arc. Smoke doesn't go straight up forever - it will always be affected by the wind, however slight. Also, bending effects (like the laser) could produce some interesting stuff, I think.

Ya know Zig, maybe another animation along the lines of your Fist full of coders film is in order here!
edited by mysto on 13/08/2011
22/08/2011 23:28:13

ziggy72
3D ground texture! You can already assign a picture, but could we have bump map/height maps as well? It wouldn't need to have collision detection necessarily, so the characters would walk through the raised bits relative to the ground, it would just be an effect to make the ground look better. it was the cave set that made me wish I had a nice bumpy ground effect...and if we could have motion, we could have waves. Which would be nice.
edited by ziggy72 on 22/08/2011
13/09/2011 12:19:07

Dreeko
Textures option for hair.. Any chance?
24/09/2011 00:00:14

ziggy72
Object Mirroring! By that I mean, um, mirroring the object. So it's opposite. Y'know.
24/09/2011 00:39:24

clamtom
clamtom
Once I've loaded up the buttons in the Character Actions window, I'd like to be able to rename the various actions to match the appropriate words in my script. Would just add a little convenience when directing.
15/10/2011 15:36:15

Dreeko
zacchang wrote:
How about some headphones for the DJ?

Yes yes and yes!
Djs, sports commentators and more!
This accessory is a must I feel
Can't do a proper sports segment in "On the News" without them!

Wonder what the next update will bring?...
15/10/2011 15:45:36

Dreeko
http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/tool/images/toolbox.gif

How about a toolbox which contains all or most of the menu icons (prepare modes, direct modes etc) for even easier access?
I'd much rather use a toolbox than the menu any day!

Cheers
D
15/10/2011 18:43:59

ziggy72
Headphones YES! Toolbox YES! Dragons with Guns YES! Sorry, ignore that last one

Glowing! I mean, you can't have candles or lightbulbs looking like, you know, candles or lightbulbs because we can't have a visible light source, like a glowing ember or star or what have you. It would be nice to show the source of the light, not just the result.
15/10/2011 19:03:49

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
Glowing! I mean, you can't have candles or lightbulbs looking like, you know, candles or lightbulbs because we can't have a visible light source, like a glowing ember or star or what have you. It would be nice to show the source of the light, not just the result.

great idea!
23/10/2011 02:05:29

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Just popping back to the tool box suggestion...I muvizu...ed my version of gimp...for some reason things seem easier to find on the screen.

How about adding a targa viewer to muvizu so I can get a look at the individual frames in a targa sequence before I get out the image editor? More often than not i find it easier to spot glitches in the animation by making a sequence and running through that.
04/11/2011 21:59:28

ziggy72
Named Cameras! Colour coded and nameable, that would be helpful (and kinda cool).
05/11/2011 02:35:29

hungryteapot
hungryteapot
I'd like there to be a way to set a path and have the camera follow it at a set speed, rather like moving cameras. Also an option to have a camera just follow a character automatically.
25/11/2011 09:34:26

Dylly
Anne McCaffrey has sadly passed away...the first female Sci Fi author to win a HUGO or Nebula, the first Sci Fi writer of any description to hit the top ten publishers list, now there are some books that can spin a few films...where's Dreeko's Dragon when I need him?
25/11/2011 09:41:39

Dreeko
Dylly wrote:
.where's Dreeko's Dragon when I need him?

Barry shot him
02/12/2011 02:51:30

ziggy72
Could we have a new backdrop size - Poster. Unless you make everything else bigger, it's difficult to have, say, a postcard - the smallest sized backdrop will only scale down so far. Having something you could scale down to the size of a stamp would be very useful.
07/12/2011 17:54:57

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
In the limited time I've played with Muvizu I noticed that I would love to be able to select something in the timeline and replace it with something else without having to "direct the scene" all over again. This way, if I'm not happy with a specific action, I could easily insert a new one.

Also, it's nice to have a window showing the mutl-camera setup to direct but is there a way to playback what you've "directed" and preview all the cuts before rendering? I have to say that color coded cameras would be much appreciated as well.

Otherwise, this is an absolutely awesome program. I'm amazed I haven't heard about it until a couple of weeks ago when I was looking up articles about iClone. Muvizu is turning out to be much more fun!
07/12/2011 20:08:17

ziggy72
Hi pfontaine - you can preview your work by going to Make Video then playing back the timeline as usual. It's slower and more processor intensive, but at least you can get a feel for how it will all look in the end. (it's best to close the cameras window before attempting to play back the timeline in Make Video mode, and give yourself a few extra frames per second - if your PC's really struggling, then use Unlit mode too). Hope this helps.
16/12/2011 11:27:57

ianpw
ianpw
Erm - a silly request, but it IS Christmas and I wanted to make an animated card - any chance of a santa-type hat?? Please asking nicely? worship
18/01/2012 18:12:04

Dreeko
Hello folks!
Another random request for you..

Now that we have effects on character could we have spotlights on character? To imitate torches both hand held and helmet?

Cheers
D
18/01/2012 21:32:11

ziggy72
i agree Good one! Also, combine that with one of my requests (making light sources glow/be visible) and you have the makings of a very cool effect.
20/01/2012 19:15:17

cdunaway
cdunaway
ziggy72 wrote:
Object Mirroring! By that I mean, um, mirroring the object. So it's opposite. Y'know.

I haven't checked Muvizu yet (I'm a n00b) but in some applications you can create a mirror effect by scaling in the negative direction and for some you scale to -1 which results in a mirror effect. Is that a possibility here? Just allow scaling in the negative direction?
20/01/2012 21:29:26

ziggy72
cdunaway wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

I haven't checked Muvizu yet (I'm a n00b) but in some applications you can create a mirror effect by scaling in the negative direction and for some you scale to -1 which results in a mirror effect. Is that a possibility here? Just allow scaling in the negative direction?

Not yet possible with Muvizu, but that would be a good way of doing it since you could mirror an object in any axis very easily and quickly.
20/01/2012 22:41:31

Dreeko
Yes it does sound like a good feature to have. As we have the ability already to scale an object in the three dimensions, is it not possible for the upper and lower limits to be expanded to allow us to scale an object right through its self in one direction to allow mirroring.

Good one!...
21/01/2012 00:07:19

mysto
Maybe the developers can get Muvizu to distribute a nice frosty beverage while we are animating? Milk and cookies for the younger folks? I mean if they can do dragons...
23/01/2012 10:27:21

Luscan
Luscan
mysto wrote:
Maybe the developers can get Muvizu to distribute a nice frosty beverage while we are animating? Milk and cookies for the younger folks? I mean if they can do dragons...

We're working on a version of Muvizu that when you press a button on your keyboard it fires a puppy out of your computer at you. The puppies are designed to be cuddly fun bundles but they're not working as intended at the moment...
23/01/2012 11:39:33

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
mysto wrote:

Isn't that the "TAB" button? I'd like a nice cold Tab right now.
07/02/2012 07:31:22

ukBerty
I have hit a couple of issues which if changed would make Muvizu even better - one old, one new.

• Please,please, please can we have a tick box on a character to stop them breathing. There is quite a bit of death in my latest creation, or at least there would be if the characters would actually die !
  • I am having a problem with the "pose" positions (lay down etc). I have a character "relaxing on front" - which is all going well until I try to move their head and it all goes a bit exorcist. I can keep their heads still for the moment, but it would be nice to be able to bring them more to life.

Cheers....

Berty
07/02/2012 11:04:32

bigwally
In my Nick Danger videos, there are plenty of scenes where I had characters laying unconscious on the floor. I had to compose the scenes *vertically* and give the illusion they were flat on the ground. As for breathing, I mentioned this before, WE NEED IT! Many ideas I've had were shot down because of this breathing stuff.
07/02/2012 20:54:19

ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:
I have hit a couple of issues which if changed would make Muvizu even better - one old, one new.

• Please,please, please can we have a tick box on a character to stop them breathing. There is quite a bit of death in my latest creation, or at least there would be if the characters would actually die !
  • I am having a problem with the "pose" positions (lay down etc). I have a character "relaxing on front" - which is all going well until I try to move their head and it all goes a bit exorcist. I can keep their heads still for the moment, but it would be nice to be able to bring them more to life.

Berty

Yes, exactly - I second, third, fourth to infinity on these two. The axis of head movements on non standard poses is a mystery, it really is. Could never work out which way the mouse thought was up/down/left/right in relation to the character's head, then when I thought I had it sussed the head would turn backwards or something and I'd just give up trying. And it's not only death that the no breathing option would give us - statues and toys too. Is it really that hard to remove an animation you've had to add in anyway? Not complaining, just asking

07/02/2012 21:57:32

mysto
I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before but being able to control when the characters blink would be nice. I've spent a fair amount of time re-rendering scenes trying to get a "blink" from a certain character in the right spot.

Being able to "mix and match" the characters movements and emotions would be nice to. For example, taking a movement from the "fight" category and putting a "happy" face to it. Make sense?
08/02/2012 07:28:50

ukBerty
ziggy72 wrote:
And it's not only death that the no breathing option would give us - statues and toys too.

Actually Zig you have reminded me - I have a museum scene where I have already had to import inferior skeletons as the Muvizu ones wouldn't stop moving.

(Inferior Skeletons - great 70s band).
08/02/2012 10:06:19

Dylly
Didn't I see a Drychalice clip where he'd managed to get Muvizu characters to stand stock still like statues? Or was it a trick of my eye?
edited by Dylly on 08/02/2012
08/02/2012 11:20:32

Dylly
Just been out in the snow with the Beagle and I've been thinking...yup thats what that strange crunching noise was...

What we could do with is a version of each character, male, female etc as an .obj file. then we could import that character into 3d application of choice, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Maya etc...we could then create any number of stiffs etc, for want of a better word. Perhaps it may lead to the creation of new characters for Muvizu based on the existing rigs.
08/02/2012 11:34:59

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
Just a shot in the dark, but as we have custom textures for the characters any chance we will get the templates for the objects, such as buildings etc. just a thought
08/02/2012 13:23:07

bigwally
Dylly wrote:
Just been out in the snow with the Beagle and I've been thinking...yup thats what that strange crunching noise was...

What we could do with is a version of each character, male, female etc as an .obj file. then we could import that character into 3d application of choice, Sketchup, 3ds Max, Maya etc...we could then create any number of stiffs etc, for want of a better word. Perhaps it may lead to the creation of new characters for Muvizu based on the existing rigs.

I'll second that. I'm working on a video that requires stone statues of Muvizu characters. The project is stalled because I can't get a realistic looking one by using other tricks.
08/02/2012 14:21:57

GordonMuvizu staff
Gordon
ukBerty wrote:
Please,please, please can we have a tick box on a character to stop them breathing. There is quite a bit of death in my latest creation, or at least there would be if the characters would actually die!

Just to be clear, there are actually two different breathing animations that we use. One is the 'idle' animation that is played when the character is just standing around doing nothing. The second is a more subtle effect which is layered on top of whichever animation is currently playing to stop the character from becoming completely motionless - this is playing pretty much all the time.

I've done a quick test and it looks like it would be pretty easy for us to add an option to disable this second layered animation - would that do the trick?
08/02/2012 15:30:08

Luscan
Luscan
Dylly wrote:
Didn't I see a Drychalice clip where he'd managed to get Muvizu characters to stand stock still like statues? Or was it a trick of my eye?
edited by Dylly on 08/02/2012

There's a cheeky little work around that might get you what you want. You have to run characters through a pose animation and then just leave them there at the end and they won't move - I've used it in the past in videos where there are axes and spikes lodged in walls - create a character, apply the axe attachment, position them behind the wall and have them play through a pose animation to make them stand still during the rendering.
08/02/2012 20:16:05

ziggy72
Gordon wrote:
ukBerty wrote:
Please,please, please can we have a tick box on a character to stop them breathing. There is quite a bit of death in my latest creation, or at least there would be if the characters would actually die!

I've done a quick test and it looks like it would be pretty easy for us to add an option to disable this second layered animation - would that do the trick?

Uhh, oh, let me see...YES!!!
09/02/2012 09:35:26

ukBerty
Gordon,

Thanks for having a look. I've had a little play and basically that would mean doing a "pose" action and letting it play through which would keep the character out of idle ?

This would allow me to do what I want so yes please.

Ideally it would give us much more control if you could take it off "idle" as the character would always have to be is a pose to be dead, which may look a bit unnatural - but I'll take what I can get !
09/02/2012 09:38:30

ukBerty
Luscan wrote:
You have to run characters through a pose animation and then just leave them there at the end and they won't move

Luscan - I think that would be good for characters that die lying down - I've used impacts before as they end in a less "posed" state, but they still breathe. With Gordon's suggested change that should be overcome.

Thanks for the tip
09/02/2012 11:11:09

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
I should probably add that the control of this new "not breathing" feature will be a checkbox in the character's edit dialog. It won't be something that you can turn on and off within a movie. I'm assuming (hoping) this is still all fine and dandy?
09/02/2012 11:49:27

ukBerty
Neil wrote:
I'm assuming (hoping) this is still all fine and dandy?

I would say yes - when they're in the throws of death you won't really notice whether they're breathing or not so we can turn it off for that shot. It's just when they're lying/hanging there motionless that you really notice the breathing.
09/02/2012 14:16:30

GordonMuvizu staff
Gordon
ukBerty wrote:
Thanks for having a look. I've had a little play and basically that would mean doing a "pose" action and letting it play through which would keep the character out of idle ?

This would allow me to do what I want so yes please.

Yes, that's pretty much how it works. So you would be using the 'pose' animations, or any animation that doesn't return to the idle position at the end.

ukBerty wrote:
Ideally it would give us much more control if you could take it off "idle" as the character would always have to be is a pose to be dead, which may look a bit unnatural - but I'll take what I can get !

We're working on some stuff for a future update that will allow you to control the speed at which individual animations play - once this is done it should be fairly easy to 'freeze' (or slow down, or speed up) any animation you like. Or at least, that's the plan. No promises as to when this'll be available, but we're looking into it
edited by Gordon on 09/02/2012
09/02/2012 16:06:21

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
Gordon wrote:

Yes, that's pretty much how it works. So you would be using the 'pose' animations, or any animation that doesn't return to the idle position at the end.

It might be nice to have animations flagged that return to idle after they're done. (or don't if that's a smaller set )
09/02/2012 21:27:04

ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:

I've got their album - Boned To Death. rock on

On a more practical note, any chance we could get a bigger range of non-hideous hair styles for our poor characters? It's always the same ones cropping up (no pun intended) because they're the only ones that don't look...well, naff. The women are particularly hard done by I feel - I mean, would any of the female members at Muvizu HQ consider adopting any of the Muvizu styles? I think I know the answer to that one...
09/02/2012 21:34:05

Dylly
ziggy72 wrote:
ukBerty wrote:

I've got their album - Boned To Death. rock on

I went to their reunion gig, shame the lead singer Bono corpsed! King-tron

But yes please on the hair styles, even though I thought all the Muvizu characters were modelled on the Muvizu staff! Oh and can we please be able to group objects and still steer them? Ta!
10/02/2012 10:06:13

Luscan
Luscan
Knock it off with the puns you boneheads...

OH GOD I HAVE BECOME EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER HATED
10/02/2012 19:26:08

mysto
Luscan wrote:
Knock it off with the puns you boneheads...

OH GOD I HAVE BECOME EVERYTHING I HAVE EVER HATED

Welcome to the club Luscan! Toast
20/02/2012 20:39:45

ziggy72
More Frames! By that, I mean the ability to output with a higher frame rate than the standard 24 so that you can get decent slow motion shots when you edit it.
17/04/2012 23:25:46

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
On the rather old topic of bow ties. Make one.

The advantage to a drawn bow tie is that it won't disappear into the character when they move.
18/04/2012 21:51:21

Dreeko
And now with the improved texture resolutions the bow ties will look really fine and dandy!
28/04/2012 16:18:22

Dreeko
You know when people make quotation marks in the air with their fingers during conversation. Well I'd like that as an animation please for both seated and standing...Thank you!

Cheers
D
11/05/2012 20:53:13

ziggy72
Eye lashes! You can have the Eyes With Lashes, but not Round Eyes with lashes, or Droopy Eyes, etc. Having lashes as a distinct eye object would give us some more looks to play with. As would animatible brows. And forehead wrinkles/folds. And acne...
11/05/2012 22:07:30

Dreeko
Yes zig I concur ...as you may have gathered

I'm sure something is in the pipeline..
edited by Dreeko on 11/05/2012
11/05/2012 22:45:34

ziggy72
Ha! Forgotten about that little vid, good one! Yes, eye brows just like that would be awesome.
26/05/2012 18:03:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Bow tie!

There are a variety of neck attachments, but no bow tie! It would be handy for james bond type movies and alike.

cheers

D

Yes, Dr Who aswell!
01/06/2012 22:54:14

ziggy72
Eye Glow Default! By that I mean having a universal eye glow option so that all characters you create in a set would have the same value when they are created, rather than having to change the standard (way too high) default all the time.

And while I'm here...

Camera Selector On The Make Video Interface! And by that I mean the drop down box to select a camera (the one you get by right-clicking on the Camera timeline) being integrated into the Make Video interface. This way I could render out my shot, select the next camera, and continue on without having to go back to the timeline (slow) and then open up the Make Video screen again (tedious) each time. I usually do one after the other until I've done all 4. Can't be just me, surely?
01/06/2012 22:59:39

Dylly
It's not just you Ziggy. Once my scene is built I spend most of my time in the 'make video' section titivating the shots, checking for 'poke through' etc etc. I also noticed making my last clip that whenever I popped out of make video to any other operation, direct, prepare Muvizu always went via the timeline, which made the whole process longer than Peter Jackson film!
01/06/2012 23:27:41

mysto
I guess I'm old fashioned or just plain old but after working with the new version of Muvizu quite a bit I've come to the conclusion that I like the timeline and it's features from the old version better.

I'm really trying to like the new timeline and all it's new stuff but I am finding that I just don't have the precision and control over things that I had with the old one. I haven't given up though.
02/06/2012 09:12:16

gimmick
gimmick
Hello,
By "old one", you mean 0.18 or 0.19 ?
02/06/2012 19:54:32

ziggy72
If I'm not mistaken, Mysto is referring to the versions around 0.15 or 0.16
04/06/2012 10:11:02

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I think there were some nice, easy to use, features of the old timeline that was lost when we moved from the scale form / flash UI to the c# wpf one. One thing to note though, I think due to the technology change of the UI there is something we could do in the old one that we can't in the new (and vice versa).

What would you keep from the old one and change on the new one?

--
Direct, don't animate!
04/06/2012 11:03:43

gimmick
gimmick
replace, copy and paste the evenements would be great on the timeline !

and also a vertical grid with minutes, seconds & frames
04/06/2012 18:11:59

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:

Being able to drag the timeline with the red bar, rather than the play marker. I don't need to the animation to run when navigating the timeline, just to be able to find where I am is enough. And, as everyone and their dog has requested, the timeline marks to give you some sense of scale and placement. Can't believe you still haven't put them back in! We need them, really we do.
04/06/2012 22:33:10

mysto
ziggy72 wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Being able to drag the timeline with the red bar, rather than the play marker. I don't need to the animation to run when navigating the timeline, just to be able to find where I am is enough. And, as everyone and their dog has requested, the timeline marks to give you some sense of scale and placement. Can't believe you still haven't put them back in! We need them, really we do.

i agree

Also, being able to "snap" the action squares on the timeline to the que points again would really be great!
05/06/2012 09:21:47

Dreeko
Snapping alignment similar to Sony Vegas would be great yes!
Good one Mysto!
Would be good if it naturally snapped to other timeline elements also.
05/06/2012 10:35:47

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Trying to summarise this, with some notes below, the requests are:

• Vertical grid lines
  • Red bar to drag
  • Minute, seconds and frames highlighted
  • Snap event blocks to cue points & other event blocks (and the play head marker?)
  • Replace, cut, copy and paste event blocks

I'd like to see all of these things (either added or back in).

On the red bar thing, there is a bar to do this, but it's black. It sort of appears and disappears depending on how much "recorded" time there is. How do you guys feel about it?

Minutes, seconds and miliseconds are shown on the timeline. I'm not sure if we can show frames as the output frame rate is different from the frame rate of the games engine, so I'm not sure if it's possible to match frames on the timeline to output frames. What would totally be nice is to have those intervals marked across all tracks so you can see where things are easily.

What I'd find useful would be snapping to the play head, I think, as well as cue points & alignment to other event blocks. Maybe cue points should add a line to all tracks, sometimes it's a bit difficult to see exactly where the cue points are.

Some of the event blocks could be inserted, cut, copied and pasted but others I don't think it would be possible to do so. Take the head movement or character movement, as examples, you'd always have to record those first then cut or copy them. Other events, such as character animations or possible some property changes (a basic colour change) could be done that way I think.
edited by Jamie on 05/06/2012

--
Direct, don't animate!
05/06/2012 16:29:28

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
On the red bar thing, there is a bar to do this, but it's black. It sort of appears and disappears depending on how much "recorded" time there is. How do you guys feel about it?
edited by Jamie on 05/06/2012

There is that black bar, yes, but it always sits at the beginning of it's 'range', and as soon as you click on it you jump back to that point, meaning you now have to drag it back to where you were in the first place, negating it's usefulness completely (especially when zoomed right in). Pulling the timeline left and right is intuitive and simple, and if you want to keep it easy for people, it's the way to go I think.
06/06/2012 10:06:42

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
There is that black bar, yes, but it always sits at the beginning of it's 'range', and as soon as you click on it you jump back to that point, meaning you now have to drag it back to where you were in the first place, negating it's usefulness completely (especially when zoomed right in). Pulling the timeline left and right is intuitive and simple, and if you want to keep it easy for people, it's the way to go I think.

Yeah, it's a bit fiddly to use. What if it was consistent? Rather than it automatically trying to adjust for the "recorded" area or zoom level, it always stayed the same?

--
Direct, don't animate!
06/06/2012 10:50:26

simonheffer
While we're on the timeline, the option to have other characters' lines shown would help with co-ordinating event blocks.
e.g. Have a selected section which works as now but also have sticky sections which are for characters you want to keep an eye on.

Cue points help but sometimes you cannot remember what that partioular cue was for (can we name them? have the name come up in the tooltip?)
06/06/2012 20:36:35

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
Yeah, it's a bit fiddly to use. What if it was consistent? Rather than it automatically trying to adjust for the "recorded" area or zoom level, it always stayed the same?

At the moment, when you click on it, it jumps to somewhere else. As long as it stops doing that, it could be useful. Actually, could it just be attached to the timeline like a handle, and use it to drag the timeline about like that? Just a thought
07/06/2012 18:22:16

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
At the moment, when you click on it, it jumps to somewhere else. As long as it stops doing that, it could be useful. Actually, could it just be attached to the timeline like a handle, and use it to drag the timeline about like that? Just a thought

I have to agree with you. It's fiddly and not as fluid as the old method was.

--
Direct, don't animate!
07/06/2012 20:23:25

ukBerty
Could I request that we have a number of file location trackers within Muvizu. Let me explain.

I keep all my assets in a directory (C:\UT3 and below)
I have all my scenes in another structure (c:\project\scene1 etc)
I output my videos somewhere else (C:\project\scene1\vids)

At the moment when you import ab object it defaults to the last location you did anything - open a set, make a vid or whatever.

I would like the import object dialog to default to the last place I imported an object from, the make movie to default to the last place I made a movie and the open/save set to default to that last place I opened/saved a set.

It's just a little thing, but over time it gets quite annoying.
07/06/2012 22:38:01

ziggy72
I second that - I have a similar system of content location (well, you gotta these days, what with the size of video files, textures, etc). It would save a lot of faffing about in Windows.
08/06/2012 00:51:28

mysto
I agree too! Having location trackers within Muvizu would make things much more productive.
08/06/2012 10:44:28

Dreeko
Am I the only one who regularly right clicks on a character to try and set up the character actions and then realises that the right click is only for changing a characters appearance.

I don't know why I do this so often?
It could be that it feels natural to have all character options available from right clicking.

(hint hint!)

cheers
D
08/06/2012 10:57:43

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Am I the only one who regularly right clicks on a character to try and set up the character actions and then realises that the right click is only for changing a characters appearance.

It could be that it feels natural to have all character options available from right clicking.

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

You're not the only one, I have done that countless times!Hammer Time
08/06/2012 11:28:46

Dreeko
Another request!

Set thumbnails!

When I'm sifting through .set files trying to find the right one to load it can be a bit time consuming trying to find the right one. Can we have (just as windows explorer has) a preview thumbnail showing the selected file...Ta!
08/06/2012 11:41:06

Dylly
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

You're not the only one Dreeko!

And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.
08/06/2012 11:56:47

MrDrWho13
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.

Me too!
09/06/2012 03:29:08

skylike
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

Me too!

I go one better i right click on the character in the camera window all the time.. derp .. YaY Muvizu .. lol
09/06/2012 08:56:23

simonheffer
I'll add my vote for a right-click context menu (configurable of course).
10/06/2012 14:38:54

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
Could I request that we have a number of file location trackers within Muvizu. Let me explain.

I keep all my assets in a directory (C:\UT3 and below)
I have all my scenes in another structure (c:\project\scene1 etc)
I output my videos somewhere else (C:\project\scene1\vids)

At the moment when you import ab object it defaults to the last location you did anything - open a set, make a vid or whatever.

I would like the import object dialog to default to the last place I imported an object from, the make movie to default to the last place I made a movie and the open/save set to default to that last place I opened/saved a set.

It's just a little thing, but over time it gets quite annoying.

This has come up a few times internally Berty, so it's already in a to do list, I'm not sure how easy it is to do that from a technical point of view (one of the devs might be better suited to answer) but it would certainly make things easier

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:02:38

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

I do this all the time. Not just for animations but anything related to a character my instant reaction is to right click the character and expect to find what I'm looking for - only to have my hopes dashed when the character builder appears

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:03:52

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:
Another request! Set thumbnails!
When I'm sifting through .set files trying to find the right one to load it can be a bit time consuming trying to find the right one. Can we have (just as windows explorer has) a preview thumbnail showing the selected file...Ta!

Keep your eyes peeled, you might find something like this appears in the next release

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:05:19

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dylly wrote:
You're not the only one Dreeko! And another one...What about 'Edit environment' under Edit instead of create? I'm forever going to edit to edit the environment instead of create.

I'm sure there was a reason for placing it under create at one time. I think it probably would make more sense to have it under edit though, it seems like an edit function rather than a create one - to me anyway

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:18:05

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
skylike wrote:
I go one better i right click on the character in the camera window all the time.. derp .. YaY Muvizu .. lol

lol

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 15:18:39

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
simonheffer wrote:
I'll add my vote for a right-click context menu (configurable of course).

Do you mean on right clicking characters or somewhere else?

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/06/2012 16:16:45

simonheffer
Right click on any object. Perhaps a Edit Properties item and Prepare and Direct menu items with cascading menu appropriate for the object.
10/06/2012 17:24:41

MrDrWho13
Jamie wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
Another request! Set thumbnails!

Keep your eyes peeled, you might find something like this appears in the next release

ooooooohh.... I like the sound of that!
10/06/2012 17:34:42

MrDrWho13
simonheffer wrote:
Right click on any object. Perhaps a Edit Properties item and Prepare and Direct menu items with cascading menu appropriate for the object.

i agree
11/06/2012 11:26:57

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dylly wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

(hint hint!)

cheers
D

Me too!

Me Three!
12/06/2012 11:36:58

Dreeko
First request of the day! (will it be my last?)

Camera window with a "+ " button for adding new cameras and a "-" button deleting a selected one.!

Ta muchly!
12/06/2012 16:01:09

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
First request of the day! (will it be my last?)

Camera window with a "+ " button for adding new cameras and a "-" button deleting a selected one.!

Ta muchly!

i agreewithWhat He Saidwhich wasGood Posting!!!
edited by MrDrWho13 on 12/06/2012
12/06/2012 16:27:47

simonheffer
Ah, Cameras. Many's the time I've re-jigged by scene only to find that my first shot is actually for camera 2. No matter how quick I am I cannot cut from 1 - 2 quick enough to miss 1 out entirely.
Can we reassign a camera to no 1 please? (A '1' button next to Dreeko's '+' button would be fine).

Simon
12/06/2012 16:50:41

Dreeko
Yeh,
The more I think about it, the more I want it!
It would save a lot of faffing about with the scene window or having to scramble over the set to find the right camera.
And numbers will help too

Cheers
D
12/06/2012 17:10:19

MrDrWho13
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm
12/06/2012 19:57:47

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I agree with the new camera and camera 1 buttons, what other easy access buttons should we have?
hmmm.....hmm

Specifically, I'd vote for a Import Object button. I import a lot of external objects, probably not for everyone, to be fair

Actually, how about a Create Character button, which would create a default character (random types? selectable in options?) so you could populate a scene quickly.
12/06/2012 20:28:37

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

Specifically, I'd vote for a Import Object button. I import a lot of external objects, probably not for everyone, to be fair

Actually, how about a Create Character button, which would create a default character (random types? selectable in options?) so you could populate a scene quickly.

Hmm... I find that the random button in the character options is too random, often they turn out naked with silly hats on!!!
12/06/2012 20:32:09

Dylly
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

The 'Make Oscar Winning Masterpiece that kicks Pixar's Butt' Button...of course this would involve a super secret Easter Egg and could only be used by one Muvizu user per year on a strict rotation.
12/06/2012 20:38:04

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

Even better, a crowd button! This would have an option to create a whole crowd of however many people you want!!!!dunno
13/06/2012 07:08:09

MrDrWho13
Dylly wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
hmmm.....hmm

The 'Make Oscar Winning Masterpiece that kicks Pixar's Butt' Button...of course this would involve a super secret Easter Egg and could only be used by one Muvizu user per year on a strict rotation.

Hmm... could you give me a way to get this easter egg? hahano
13/06/2012 11:25:17

Dreeko
Buttons...

Well how about a direction button on all lines in the timeline editor?
13/06/2012 17:07:11

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Buttons...

Well how about a direction button on all lines in the timeline editor?

Hmm... yes, could you explain in more detail please?
13/06/2012 19:00:07

ziggy72
I'm pretty sure that Dreeko means a button on each timeline track which corresponds to it's special menu - clicking on the button for Eyes Look At would take you straight to the Direct Eyes menu, or a button on the Actions track for Direct Actions, etc. Great idea, and there could also be a Prepare button next to Direct where appropriate too.
13/06/2012 19:32:21

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that Dreeko means a button on each timeline track which corresponds to it's special menu - clicking on the button for Eyes Look At would take you straight to the Direct Eyes menu, or a button on the Actions track for Direct Actions, etc. Great idea, and there could also be a Prepare button next to Direct where appropriate too.

Yes, that's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure.
14/06/2012 10:05:33

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:

Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

--
Direct, don't animate!
14/06/2012 19:21:40

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
I'm Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

Absolutely. They could be the same size as the bin icon (for deleting the track data), along the line of each track - one for direct, one for prepare if appropriate. There's tons of grey to play with, y'know!
14/06/2012 19:30:51

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
Jamie wrote:
I'm Interesting idea Dreeko - Ziggy are you sure there's enough space to add more buttons on the timeline?

Absolutely. They could be the same size as the bin icon (for deleting the track data), along the line of each track - one for direct, one for prepare if appropriate. There's tons of grey to play with, y'know!

Yeah, I agree
05/07/2012 10:45:13

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Dreeko, I'd like to see a detailed tutorial on how you do this please, unless I missed it? I would definitely be using this facial animator feature....mmaybe Muvizu should incorporate a menu for this itself, that would be great! - Thanks!

Dreeko wrote:
Yes zig I concur ...as you may have gathered

I'm sure something is in the pipeline..
edited by Dreeko on 11/05/2012
05/07/2012 11:49:36

Dreeko
This was created by using a scaled down backdrop positioned on the characters forehead on to which was placed a variety of eyebrow shapes with transparent backgrounds switching from image to image by animating the backdrop object image properties.
The raising and lowering of the eyebrows can be created by animating the movement of the backdrop up and down. If a single eyebrow movement is required then you would have to have two separate backdrops.
Please note though that the eyebrow backdrop is not going to move with the character as it is not attached. For this reason I haven't really used this technique much.
I have a sneaky feeling that the facial morphs used on the new characters may pave the way for a facial animation system

...it's only a feeling though!

Hope the above helps!

Cheers
D
05/07/2012 12:26:16

Marco_D
Marco_D
I get amazed with the ways our users work around the software limitations.
Pure awesome creativity.

Well done

Cheers,
Marco
edited by Marco_D on 05/07/2012
05/07/2012 13:50:34

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thanks Dreeko! You are a pioneer on planet Muvizu, your help, tutorials, and videos are always appreciated and entertaining! Your vids have helped me alot in the learning process from the start.
Thanks Again! - EEF
Dreeko wrote:
This was created by using a scaled down backdrop positioned on the characters forehead on to which was placed a variety of eyebrow shapes with transparent backgrounds switching from image to image by animating the backdrop object image properties.
The raising and lowering of the eyebrows can be created by animating the movement of the backdrop up and down. If a single eyebrow movement is required then you would have to have two separate backdrops.
Please note though that the eyebrow backdrop is not going to move with the character as it is not attached. For this reason I haven't really used this technique much.
I have a sneaky feeling that the facial morphs used on the new characters may pave the way for a facial animation system

...it's only a feeling though!

Hope the above helps!

Cheers
D
08/07/2012 19:33:04

ziggy72
On the subject of eyebrows, could we please have the option to turn off shadows on Brows? Pretty sure my eyebrows don't cast shadows over my face... I'll go check
08/07/2012 19:37:44

Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
On the subject of eyebrows, could we please have the option to turn off shadows on Brows? Pretty sure my eyebrows don't cast shadows over my face... I'll go check

Haha!

Very good point!

D

My latest vid! http://www.youtube.com/user/dreeko?feature=mhee
09/07/2012 07:15:16

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:

Yes, I agree!
13/07/2012 00:04:39

ziggy72
Door springs! By that I mean that when you animate opening a door (or any object ideally), there would be a check box on the Prepare dialogue to enable the Spring. This would mean that the door would spring back to it's starting position automatically once you let go of the key(s) you're pressing to animate it. This is necessary, I believe, since it is completely impossible to do it manually. You can never get the bloody door to look shut again, it's always a little bit out (at best!).
13/07/2012 11:36:28

jamesriley
jamesriley
ziggy72 wrote:
Door springs! By that I mean that when you animate opening a door (or any object ideally), there would be a check box on the Prepare dialogue to enable the Spring. This would mean that the door would spring back to it's starting position automatically once you let go of the key(s) you're pressing to animate it. This is necessary, I believe, since it is completely impossible to do it manually. You can never get the bloody door to look shut again, it's always a little bit out (at best!).

Ziggy this is a great idea.
13/07/2012 11:57:22

simonheffer
If we are contemplating adding auto-animating the door closing , could we not auto-animate the door opening?

In either case you're talking about determining the movement type(rotation), the amount of movement, speed and, in this case, the axis of rotation.Goofus

Are we thus heading towards a more generic object animation feature? Maybe the first step to waypoints and camera programming - whey hey! Party

Sorry - calmed down now.

Simon
13/07/2012 12:31:26

jamesriley
jamesriley
simonheffer wrote:
If we are contemplating adding auto-animating the door closing , could we not auto-animate the door opening?

In either case you're talking about determining the movement type(rotation), the amount of movement, speed and, in this case, the axis of rotation.Goofus

Are we thus heading towards a more generic object animation feature? Maybe the first step to waypoints and camera programming - whey hey! Party

Sorry - calmed down now.

Simon

And thus the can of worms has been opened.

I'm sure the physics involved in opening and closing doors would be murder to implement.

As you rightly mentioned, you would need to determine the speed, rotation and other intricacies involved in the everyday usage of doors. This is also forgetting the doors objects that we have which look like swing doors. The though of trying to get the door to swing both ways (giggity) naturally does not bear thinking about.

As for waypoints and camera programming... There are more pressing matters at hand just now, but stay tuned.

Anyway, as Steve Davis once said. 'I'm off to watch a documentary about doors on BBC4.'

Jim
13/07/2012 13:17:56

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
I have been using Muvizu for only a short time but I would LOVE to see the ability to color code cue points. I use cue points alot and to be able to color code them would be awsome in timing.
13/07/2012 16:00:42

MrDrWho13
InsaneHamster wrote:
I have been using Muvizu for only a short time but I would LOVE to see the ability to color code cue points. I use cue points alot and to be able to color code them would be awsome in timing.

Nice idea!
09/12/2012 20:01:24

ziggy72
HD Skies! By that, I mean allowing a higher resolution for the sky dome picture. At the moment, the sky squashes, smears, and distorts the image like so :

Doesn't kill it, but it hardly enhances the scene, dontcha think?
09/12/2012 21:06:47

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Im with you on that Ziggy would be a great addition!
09/12/2012 23:03:24

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
The only thing that really bugs me about the "dome" sky as is is the clearly visible verticle seam(or line) that defines where the two ends meet. Othre than that I try to work around it, and sometimes the existing distorted effect works....it'd be nice if we had the "choice" of which to use I think, like Ziggy's HD skies or the original....just my opinion, and there's probably more important things going on at Muvizu like how to GRASP objects maybe? lol just kidding!
09/12/2012 23:16:43

skylike
EEFilmz wrote:
The only thing that really bugs me about the "dome" sky as is is the clearly visible verticle seam(or line) that defines where the two ends meet. Othre than that I try to work around it, and sometimes the existing distorted effect works....it'd be nice if we had the "choice" of which to use I think, like Ziggy's HD skies or the original....just my opinion, and there's probably more important things going on at Muvizu like how to GRASP objects maybe? lol just kidding!

Put a really big tree over the seam .. lol.. sorry i'm sure that didn't help ...
10/12/2012 00:39:56

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
HD Skies! By that, I mean allowing a higher resolution for the sky dome picture. At the moment, the sky squashes, smears, and distorts the image like so :

haha yeah this drives me crazy when i make stuff the resolution of my objects tend to often clash with the dome resolution it would be great if we could have a way to choose to import a higher resolution file for the dome if we want to. I have kind of resorted to using clear/plain colours with no terrain at all built in to minimize this issue. This would be easy for them to implement I would think unlike you know camera with a followable path or hand held props hehe.
10/12/2012 03:35:16

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
a simple character turning movement of 90 degrees would be nice, instead of taking two steps to get there just one step
10/12/2012 07:16:13

MrDrWho13
fazz68 wrote:
a simple character turning movement of 90 degrees would be nice, instead of taking two steps to get there just one step

Yes, I totally agree with you there!
10/12/2012 09:09:54

ukBerty
Also the ability to move two steps forward, or in any direction.

At the moment you can only move one step then another, rather than a natural two steps. Using the drag or click to point methods seems to have a minimum of around 4 steps. Consequently movement in a confined space is difficult and I have to avoid it.
10/12/2012 10:04:18

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
ukBerty wrote:
Also the ability to move two steps forward, or in any direction.

At the moment you can only move one step then another, rather than a natural two steps. Using the drag or click to point methods seems to have a minimum of around 4 steps. Consequently movement in a confined space is difficult and I have to avoid it.

You or your characters Berty?(Closterphobic?)Just KiddingLOL
edited by EEFilmz on 10/12/2012
10/12/2012 11:17:40

simonheffer
ziggy72 wrote:

Yes I agree too. This also extends to the ground. Could we adjust the number/size of the tiles? Some large high resolution textures probably only need a few tiles.
16/01/2013 23:08:46

ziggy72
Speed controllers on the effects with smoke! And by that I mean...well, just that. The smoke textures rise way too fast for anything other than a raging fire. I'm trying to use the smoke effect to get steam rising from a coffee cup and it's just too fast. Might have been requested before, but I've gotta gripe somewhere
17/01/2013 07:16:41

ukBerty
And whilst we're discussing the effects - can we have a smaller fire please. Again, even the small fire is too big. I needed a match to strike and ended up scaling the whole scene up just so it didn't look ridiculous
19/01/2013 18:29:51

ziggy72
Hide All! And by that I mean a Hide All option on the View menu to hide the lights, cameras, effects, and camera window. Once selected, it would change to Show All (seems logical). It would be helpful to be able to switch between working mode and 'what will the folks back home see?' mode with one click, rather than four or five.
19/01/2013 18:39:41

Dreeko
The simplest ideas are often the best and this has to be one of the most blindingly obvious oversights.
Hide all!...brilliant!

another annoying time waster solved!
21/01/2013 22:19:52

ziggy72
Effect extent markers! And by that I mean a radial or box marker on effects which shows the maximum 'reach' of the effect. Although you can change the intensity, you can't change the scale so there's no excuse not to show us where the edges are

I've been trying to line up smoke effects (using a very very transparent png) and can't find a consistant overlap point because I can't really find the absolute edge. I know, I know, I'll have to use a more obvious png until I do find it, but that wastes time and is annoying to have to switch back and forth. Be simpler all round if we can always see where the edges are on every effect we can use, I think.
21/01/2013 23:15:10

Dreeko
Whoa! An incredibly specific request there zig! Can't say that on has ever even crossed my mind!
I'm with you on the tit mangling laughter though! ( Had a great laugh at that post btw!)
21/01/2013 23:31:12

ziggy72
Thanks D - that request may seem quite picky, but it's because I'm working on a set with the characters scaled up as big as they'll go, which makes (for example) the Ground Fog effect into a little patch of fog, so I have to use a lot of them edge-to-edge to achieve the same effect...and it's really quite tricky to do when you can't really see the edge.
22/01/2013 00:34:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Thanks D - that request may seem quite picky, but it's because I'm working on a set with the characters scaled up as big as they'll go, which makes (for example) the Ground Fog effect into a little patch of fog, so I have to use a lot of them edge-to-edge to achieve the same effect...and it's really quite tricky to do when you can't really see the edge.

It would be simpler if we could resize the size of the particle being emitted. This is possible in other applications. At the moment we cant really control anything other then "intensity" and I guess indirectly transparency.. not that I could see, but its super easy ..i would think to add a resize option so you could match the size to the environment.. that would also make it possible for you to have a bit of smoke for your coffee and a lot of smoke sizewise for a burning house right now its "small fire and big fire" and no other option but really all this is a simple particle generator the likes that I have seen since like 2005 and usually you can resize the particle some way in other applications err of course the back end is more open but .. yeah that seems easy to do (inside my head anyhow)..
30/01/2013 13:30:31

marox
marox
I'd like to know if it's possible to create a character with no background or green screen. I am using Vegas Studio 9 to create a music HD video and would like to add just one of the characters to my footage.
30/01/2013 14:36:25

Marco_D
Marco_D
marox wrote:
I'd like to know if it's possible to create a character with no background or green screen. I am using Vegas Studio 9 to create a music HD video and would like to add just one of the characters to my footage.

That is possible.

Create an empty set, press the create button on the main navigation bar and select Edit environment.
Then simply set the sky and ground to green, by click on the the texture thumbnail. A colour picker tab will be displayed.
Finally make video and import it to Sony Vegas.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
30/01/2013 14:41:43

marox
marox
Wonderful!!
Thanks Marco - that makes sense.
30/01/2013 14:58:44

Marco_D
Marco_D
No worries Glad I could help.

Cheers,
Marco
edited by Marco_D on 30/01/2013
30/01/2013 15:06:24

Dreeko
If you have the lighting expansion pack installed there is a green screen set within that available too.

Cheers
D
03/02/2013 08:13:25

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
ziggy72 wrote:
Speed controllers on the effects with smoke! And by that I mean...well, just that. The smoke textures rise way too fast for anything other than a raging fire. I'm trying to use the smoke effect to get steam rising from a coffee cup and it's just too fast. Might have been requested before, but I've gotta gripe somewhere

Hi Ziggy, I was messing around with one of My bar sets for a sequel to the 1%erz vid, and I thought while in there, I would try to create your coffee steam idea to see if I could help you out...what I DID discover easily is that (depending on your camera angle ideas etc) I made a small fire in the same bar(1%erz bar set) which has a total black dark background, cup on a table slightly raised off the floor, and WAY in the back of the set (using some creative blocking) and placing the small fire on the floor, way in the back of the set, so that only the very top part of the smoke looks like it's coming out of the cup..it totally looks like a hot beverage on the table. Unfortunately I couldn't get a decent snapshot w/the snippet tool but I hope this helps. Like everything Muvizu ya just have to monkey around with blocking, camera angles, lighting blah blah you know the drill lol Hope this helps you my friend!
03/02/2013 13:32:59

ziggy72
Good one EEF - the scene is the interview room here :

...and because of how close the walls are, I wouldn't be able to use your solution for this set but it's a good idea none the less. I eventually created a very transparent smoke pic (2% opacity) so you can only just see it, making it's speed less noticable.
03/02/2013 19:43:47

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
ziggy72 wrote:
Good one EEF - the scene is the interview room here :.

Oh ok Ziggy, I see that now..you're right it wouldn't work for that. I wonder if a smoke layer of .TGA files would work? and then just use half of em to slow it down? or is that what you did w/multiple pics or you just used one pic? I dunno what I'm talking about b/c I've never used TGA images yet! lol. Just trying to help w/ideas 8)
04/02/2013 01:44:41

ziggy72
The smoke effect (like pretty much all the effects in Muvizu) uses just one picture and replicates it. My one picture was of a cloud of smoke - it was a .PNG file so that it could be transparent (JPG and similiar file types can't be transparent - don't actually know if TGA files support it, never tried ).
24/05/2013 00:34:21

ziggy72
Limited Snapping! And by that I mean having the option to allow Snapping to not affects cameras or lights - Snapping helps you align the objects in a set, but it's worse than useless when you start to move the cameras and lights around. Have to keep enabling/disabling it all the time.
14/07/2013 02:49:34

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
They cameras can move...

I'd like the lights to move as well.
14/07/2013 02:52:32

skylike
PatrickDFTBA wrote:
They cameras can move...

I'd like the lights to move as well.

They do move.
Object movement. Select the light. Blah blah blah.
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Random requests!