clayster2012 - all messages by user

2016/6/14 8:46:47
An idea for a contest MrDrWho13 wrote:
Wow uh, thanks guys.
Rocque just covered an important point that I almost forgot since I was distracted by the competition: Get well soon!

Thanks MrDrWho13, I'm trying my best but I think I have the summer flu, well that's what their calling down here,
2016/6/14 8:20:12
Make Me Laugh ( Comedy Competition)

Well we all love to laugh, and laughter is the best medicine for the sole, so lets all join in for a competition to see how much laughter we all can whip up, the rules are simple and should be easier for everyone, so here how it goes.
1 .All videos must be at least 2 to 3 minutes long .
2. only use muvizu for the animation, but you can use any editing software you choose.
3. The theme is comedy, but you can use any concept you wish to use like sci fi, Action, Western, drama,music videos, you name it, but make sure the comedy stands out, after all this is what it's all about .
4. All videos can contain original material, and material from free royalty sites, no restrictions.
5. Videos must be submitted no later then midnight July 13th 2016, this should be enough time for everyone, and for submitting the videos, just send me a link to your video and me and my selected crew will judge each submission, no videos will be posted until a winner is declared.

6. when submitting a video for the competition please use the following format.

Title:
Director:
Running Time:
Link:
Poster (Optional):

----------------------PRIZES-----------------------------------

The prizes will be three different muvizu sets made by me, these set will also be submitted in the store up for sell, but for the lucky winners it will be their winnings, each set will be placed for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and the winners will also get a zip file of all of the attachment models for the charactes, and the models of the props.

1st place prize : A cartoon style western town that fits the muvizu format very well, this is also the same set i'm using in finger pistols are dangerous

2nd Place prize: is a desert set in the style of the road runner cartoon, but its far from being too much like it, its also another set that I'm using finger Pistol are dangerous.

3rd place prize: is a fantasy set that I have been working, and still adding to it,but by the time this competition is over it should be done.

that's for the prizes, and i hope who ever wins them will put them to good use, so lets start creating those videos and have fun!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

edited by clayster2012 on 14/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 15/06/2016
2016/6/13 18:42:05
You should go ahead with whichever option you prefer. Personally I like having a theme because I'm not a very creative person so it's good to have a pointer for what to make.

I refuse to believe that DrWho, if your not creative, then I'm the worst animator here, everyone can create, you just got to give yourself the time, and believe you can do it to, ok then do this, using the comedy concept, you decide what kind of theme you would like to do for that concept, remember there or no restrictions that I'm going to have on your ideas, it will be open to you and everyone els, just use the given concept, you can combine the other concept like sci fi, drama. action, or whatever as long as you make the main concept stand out, so when you set that theme for yourself then you use that for your pointer.
2016/6/13 18:30:52
An idea for a contest PatMarrNC wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
You should go ahead with whichever option you prefer. Personally I like having a theme because I'm not a very creative person so it's good to have a pointer for what to make.

yep, Clayster! The pressure is on! YOU and only you get to decide on the rules of your challenge! Others may have a different take when its their turn... but this is YOUR Turn, so ... your wish is our command!

But don't take too long to decide or this whole thread will fade into oblivion and everybody will move on to other things.

Just declare the rules in a new thread, and let us know when to start and end, and we be JAMMIN'!!

;-)

(I kinda like the general theme of COMEDY. People are so different, no declared theme will work for everybody.. that's why I like the idea of each Mogul making his own rules. Spreading it out like that increases the likelihood of drawing more participants)

Ok Patt, I'll work on the rules now..lol
2016/6/13 18:27:51
An idea for a contest also i been working on the sets that I'm putting in the store, and that I'm going using for the competition prizes, one set is going to be the western town that I'm building for the new finger pistols are dangerous, which is one of my best work I ever done in muvizu, and i think is for better, not putting down the ones that comes with muvizu, they are good to, and the other set that I'm entering for the prizes is a Fantasy set that will have three characters, props, weapons, shields, and environment objects, the third set I'm trying to make a collection of some sky textures which will be a zip file, so it will be at least a week before I have them done.
2016/6/13 18:06:05
An idea for a contest Hey everyone, sorry I been quiet, been feeling a little under the weather, I been thinking that maybe this should be an open competition,but still keep the main concept as a comedy, I think that this should be a little bit of a break from having a theme to go by an not worrying about what we want everyone to make, it seems that every competition that's been thrown out has a theme restriction, that's most of the reason why I never enter one, yea it's ok to use a theme every once in a while, but some times a concept is all you really need, concepts like comedy, drama, actions, thrillers, sci fi,and so on, I think this would give everyone more freedom to be able to use their imagination on their videos and make their own theme, but still keep in the assigned concept, and then throw in the rules, then again some of you may feel different about it so this is why I'm throwing this in here, to find out what you think, so if you think the theme idea is better then I'll stick with theme, I just want to get your take of the concept idea.
edited by clayster2012 on 13/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 13/06/2016
2016/6/11 7:34:27
I agree that it would be best to start each contest/challenge with its own thread. That way the rules for each can be posted at the top, and all correspondence for each one can be kept in one place.

I'm looking forward to seeing your guidelines, theme and prize!

I'm working on the plans now
2016/6/11 3:19:13
Wheels animation trick Hmmm... this is really good, I'm sure its easier then animating a wheel using key frame, that's how I'm animating the wheels on my wagons in finger pistols are dangerous, oh well already did too much work on those to go back and change them, but hey that's really a great way of doing the job, next time I'll do some 2d sprites of animated wheels.
edited by clayster2012 on 11/06/2016
edited by clayster2012 on 11/06/2016
2016/6/11 2:45:14
An idea for a contest Hey should I start another thread when I start the competition, because it would have to be labeled and started fresh from the top in order to stand out in the forum, think it would be kind of hidden if it was started at the end of the thread.
2016/6/10 16:57:35
Ok, first of all we might as well stick to this thread rather than have the two running simultaneously.
3 weeks sounds like a good time frame. (If you disagree please say so)
If we have many little challenges (each with a best video and randomly selected winner who each get the prize) then it might encourage users to pump out videos. It may also be too many for people resulting in barely any entries, but you don't know until you try.
I'm alright at set design but the modelling for custom sets may be slightly out of my comfort zone (I'll give it a try anyway!).
I like the idea of starting with a set and making a video from there. Each challenge could have its own concept, picking words, having a set etc.
I agree that you shouldn't be able to put the prize set up on the store for free, but how about as a paid asset?

So, Clayster, you're first!

Yea, well I have a awesome western town that I made for finger pistols, that I was planning selling, I I'll submit it for the contest, plus to give more then one chance to win, I'll also include second and third prize, of character sets, and weapon,I'm at work at the moment, but when I get off I'll work on more details.
And the 3 week time limit is fine with me, since you was going first with a contest, which I'm sorry, didn't mean to change it for you, but if you would like, I'll let you decide the rules just let me know
edited by clayster2012 on 10/06/2016
2016/6/10 14:30:25
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" Rocque wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
Rocque wrote:
If you pick the worst entry I will enter the contest. HA. The person voted least likely to succeed, or the most likely to be swinging from a tree at sunset.

Congratulations Clayster. You definitely have helped me feel comfortable on this forum and you wear the new title well. Woo Hoo. I hope you have fun at the initiation and watch out for the mechanical bull, and all the other bull.

thanks Rocque, well the mechanical bull is broken, yea the last guy who rode it barfed all over it, and it shorted out..lol!

I guess that explains the new color of the mechanical bull. I thought it was just photo shopped to make it look that way. It had that color of cooked beetroot. I was thinking maybe they used the powered beetroot and it was the not given before the bull riding. However, I just heard the rumors and managed to find a few photos of the mogul initiation ceremony. Once your blue avatar turns purple then we might imagine more.

LoL!
2016/6/10 8:24:01
Wow you're way ahead of us in planning this (see http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic5742-competition.aspx?p=f#post30796 )
This seems like a fairly big project for people to do, but I'd be interested to see the results! I might enter myself (unless I'm disqualified because I'm a mogul )

Any chance of you joining forces with us?

No your ok, but first I want to see how many would like this Idea Contest before I continue, I do have some Really great characters, props, and more That no one has ever seen yet, stuff I made that I was keeping to myself, but I was thinking of putting in the store, So As becoming Mogul I wanted to do a contest to get everyone going, once I'm sure that I have enough who would like to enter, i'll start setting up the rules and theme, but first I need to know what theme every one chooses.

Joining forces I may just do that!
2016/6/10 4:34:51
All clever ideas, Clayster!

Dang, I was planning on taking a break from Muvizu until September, but the contest idea is too intriguing to pass up! Count me in on whatever is decided !

Ok, just waiting for any others to speak up
2016/6/10 2:35:03
An idea for a contest Hey everyone, how would you feel about a funny video contest, and I would throw some set pack for the prizes, if so then what theme would you pick out of the ones I have listed at the bottom.

1.A Star Wars style Cop tv show using the storm trooper characters.

2. A castaway style video using the castaway set, or any other characters.

3. A slap cap comedy like the three stooges, or Benny Hill.

4. A sherlock holmes style video.

and what kind of of set pack would you like to have for the prizes?

this is an idea, not sure if everyone would like to enter it, but it would be fun.
2016/6/10 1:28:06
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" Rocque wrote:
If you pick the worst entry I will enter the contest. HA. The person voted least likely to succeed, or the most likely to be swinging from a tree at sunset.

Congratulations Clayster. You definitely have helped me feel comfortable on this forum and you wear the new title well. Woo Hoo. I hope you have fun at the initiation and watch out for the mechanical bull, and all the other bull.

thanks Rocque, well the mechanical bull is broken, yea the last guy who rode it barfed all over it, and it shorted out..lol!
2016/6/9 17:25:17
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" MrDrWho13 wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
I could whip up set pack for the prize.

That's not a bad idea. Thanks for the offer!

Yea maybe a new western town pack or something
2016/6/9 17:21:17
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" clayster2012 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS CLAYSTER!

So... I'm guessing the initiation ceremony will be private...? Just Clayster and the cast of Deliverance? (Hey, you wanted banjos, right?)

on a related note: a funny contest/challenge theme might be "the initiation"

It would provide lots of opportunity for double-entendre and a surprise ending. Or not. ;-)

Thanks buddy, yea banjos buddy, hmmm.. a funny contest, that sound like good idea!
edited by clayster2012 on 09/06/2016
2016/6/9 17:17:29
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" I could whip up set pack for the prize.
2016/6/9 17:16:18
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" PatMarrNC wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS CLAYSTER!

So... I'm guessing the initiation ceremony will be private...? Just Clayster and the cast of Deliverance? (Hey, you wanted banjos, right?)

on a related note: a funny contest/challenge theme might be "the initiation"

It would provide lots of opportunity for double-entendre and a surprise ending. Or not. ;-)

Yea banjos buddy, hmmm.. a funny contest, that sound like good idea!
edited by clayster2012 on 09/06/2016
2016/6/9 14:08:13
All of my Star Wars Characters for "FREE" But they do leave stains.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32