urbanlamb - all messages by user

2012/8/24 21:46:13
feedback after using muvizu for "reals" I noticed not much that I would change with muvizu or that gave me much of a headache other then cameras so I just really wanted to re-itterate what I read in a few threads (which I can't find right now) re camera revamps.

the controls for moving the cameras make it very hard to do scenes where you would pan slowly and smoothly and I had a couple of other "suggestions"

1) create a system for camera movement similar to the system that the characters use to walk some kind of path system for the camera to follow that you can set up and then have the camera move at a speed you set

2) camera transitioning not a huge issue if you have video editing software which I do but possibly transitioning using a fade or some sort

3) I experienced a crash everytime I tried to use depth of field or really change any of the camera perameters so i just didnt touch that as I just got a huge pile of errors and a crash dll files etc. I just updated drivers and actually installed a brand new card nvidia 560 because i wanted higher resolution graphics on a larger screen for well movie making

Anyhow some sort of system to tell the camera where to go other then driving it like you do objects would be great it works for objects easily enough but not so well for cameras because often the movements your looking for are well more subtle.

I wish the camera limit could be increased as well but from what I experienced unless its some sort of memory leak it looks like 4 is max for this software unless something can be changed so they consume less resources.

Anyhow that is my feedback after spending some real time with it muvizu's largest weakness is how its cameras function I really had nothing else i saw that I would have wanted to see changed or improved. Everthing worked really well i experienced no crashes and i really pushed your software. The only crash I got was related to the camera settings so well yeah I just never used them
2012/8/24 21:37:06
Disappearing Character I had this happen they seem to drop below the geometry of the default grid. I found if i just shut it down and restart it the character reappeared. It happened with busy scenes
2012/8/24 16:42:08
Super 10 (seconds) fullmetall wrote:
KerryK wrote:
Okey dokey folks! You've all been asking for an extension and since I'm feeling generous and some of our users down south will be enjoying a bank holiday - deadline for the 10sec film is extended to the end of Monday. Should be plenty of time to get in some quality 10 second films - although there have been quite a few already.

Get thinking and remember - it IS only 10 seconds.

ok I saw the video of "happy apple" I understand that it was 12 seconds, I recompile the video has 10 'I will put in this post, in edit mode.
sorry, the French are like that they do not understand anything
@+

usually these competitions for these short ones is
2 seconds for title
the movie in between is 10 seconds
and then ending credits not longer then the movie (if you use music or things that need written credit it has to be there hehe)
I used to make 20 second movies with a group they were 26 seconds long due to need for a title card and end credits

so you can have a short title at the start I have seen no hard fast rules on ending credits most people say 2 seconds for title its not part of the movie
2012/8/23 22:13:52
me first real muvizu movie I saw a really nicely done muvizu movie about a month ago now and something in it inspired me to try to make something "epic". I think the series is more like once every 2 months at least initially so possibly I am being too ambitious we shall see I have to listen to the next couple of episodes to get an idea of what I need to do to make it look they way I want it hehe. I am trying to come up with a good way to do clark kent/superman convincingly right now so for the moment the wheels inside my head are turning if you smell something burning that is likely me haha.

beer
edited by urbanlamb on 23/08/2012
2012/8/23 20:51:50
Crimes of Passion -- the 2012 Passion Competition I am busy wracking my brain for a story line ... maybe it will come to me in time to take part in this competition as of yet I can't come up with something that pleases me lol
2012/8/23 20:50:16
Soundation oh this looks cool actually just looked at the price tag too its a reasonable price

premium service so you can access their sound library is 100 bucks per year wonder how extensive their library is
2012/8/22 14:00:49
10 SEC FLICK COMPETITION - HAPPY APPLE ENTRY lol cute video
2012/8/22 2:25:59
Super 10 (seconds) I put this on facebook but its not apparent who the owner is and the muvizu upload feature said "bad request" anyhow here is my attempt at something..

10 seconds of "toon" 10 seconds of credits before and after hehe. Hopefully those are the rules I assume so
edited by urbanlamb on 22/08/2012
2012/8/21 15:52:27
What 10-second Superhero Competition?!? I actually only just got an idea I did see this on facebook in any event I might try to get something done today or tomorrow night or something I would not mind a t-shirt lol
2012/8/17 15:24:46
me first real muvizu movie Ah thanks

Yes I have to fix the sets and then I will upload as entire sets I think. I agree I love the old time radio stuff and some of it fits really well into Muvizu and well since I wanted to do the superman series anyhow

This software is great and its very stable now (well i found a few bugs but obviously nothing that were show stoppers hehe) I did notice that yeah 4 cameras even on my monster system with 12 gigs of ram and a huge video card the lag was pretty hard to endure. I am not sure why that is (not a coder) I have had 4 cameras out in iclone and it doesn't do this but it might have something to do with unreal engine. So that is the only muvizu issue really is cameras they are a bit hard to work with and well if your doing something with a few shots moving along you have do kind of "rotate your cameras" but considering what I could do in muvizu for like 0.00 I think its a very small issue hehe so I might try to produce one of these per month I have to build some more "real world" type sets for the next ones though hehe.
2012/8/15 16:38:40
me first real muvizu movie Thanks

I saw those animations when I was playing with the software to see what i could do with muvizu and it said to me "do this in muvizu" it was fun (a lot of work of course lol) but fun so I wanted to do the rest of the radio series overtime to complete the collection I just need a week or so off from sitting in this chair ^^
2012/8/14 23:51:34
Focus and Blur Movie on MUVIZU i have to report this bug because everytime i try to use the depth of field setting and click it on the camera muvizu crashes on me.. i have to remember to do this soon its 100% reproducable for me I have no clue what would cause that but its annoying ^^
2012/8/14 22:37:33
me first real muvizu movie haha thanks for the comments the green screen of superman was a bit off but I didnt even think it was going to work at all so happy it worked period. I was struggling with the logo because of post processing when I put in the screen shake if i used crop it looked aweful because of the logo so i had to kind of remove crop and let the edges of the movie show lol

I had fun with it so going to do more of this series in a couple months
2012/8/14 19:28:57
me first real muvizu movie it seems I should have uploaded from here and not from youtube anyhow I will get it right next time round . I was originally going to tackle this project in iclone but I kind of fell i love with muvizu at the exact same time they released their hero/villain package so well this was perfect for muvizu lol

here is "the origin of superman"

I now have to figure out how to give out sets and objects because well I built all the structures for both sets and figured others could use them.

not sure if its better to release them as sets or one object at a time..

anyhow it was fun I will be doing more muvizu movies as i get time!
edited by urbanlamb on 14/08/2012
2012/8/14 18:08:25
Machinima Expo Accepting Submissions July 1st Okay thanks it appears to have uploaded i hope its not damaged I didnt want to lower quality to use vimeo. I do hope this perception of muvizu changes as well. Applause

I am no steven spielberg but I like to make movies anyhow
2012/8/14 15:30:26
Machinima Expo Accepting Submissions July 1st I have one to submit. I saw on the website you want vimeo however the upload is too large as I dont have a pro vimeo account. Its being uploaded to youtube as they let me upload larger files in HD. However youtube "fixed" their uploader and that is giving me issue so hopefully I can get it uploaded soon (its been 2 days trying to get it to work lol) if I can't get it to work on youtube I will try dailymotion or something.

Muvizu is probably one of the most underrated machinima tools out there to be honest.
2012/8/12 20:16:25
Heroes and Villains animation suggestion box hi I have some suggestions but I dont know if they should be limited to heroes and villains

I was/am doing a little muvizu movie and I came up with some things that would have been great to use

1) kneeling (one knee down) to do something on the ground
2) kneeling on both knees
3) sitting crosslegged on the ground all the sits are for a chair

most of the animations were pretty versatile i could interrupt them and pile other animations on top to create a newish move but I thought the kneeling could coupled with some of the other standing animations

kneel and shout to the sky
kneel and hands in front etc

anyhow the kneeling and sitting on the ground was something I missed you can lie on the ground in certain ways get blown about but just no plain sits
2012/8/8 14:49:55
Please add a save every 5 minutes or so... the "too large" is frustrating it has taken me a few times a good 10 minutes to find a spot until I realized that if you just go up into the air and try again it works everytime. (oops) The ground gets crowded very fast in muvizu for some reason. The out of bounds or too large is just a wierd message that is usually solved by leaving the ground and re-importing up in the air.

I haven't had muvizu crash often but I have developed the age old habit of saving every few minutes to the point I dont even notice it.

The only thing I found that is not functioning correctly in muvizu is some of the features on their cameras which I guess I should report when I figure how to get the error files out. when you try to use depth of field or blur I get a huge long long list of dll errors. The other issue is for some reason the first 10 seconds or so of video render in muvizu is never done properly so I always leave 15 seconds of nothingness at the beginning if I just start exporting my video at that point I never have an issue.

Also realistically it appears the longest clip to export without issue is about 1 minute 30 seconds long at the most I am exporting my scense in 1 minute clips and numbering them and then stitch them together in a video editing program. This last one reminds me of cgi lol so I guess I am used to it hehe.
2012/8/1 19:27:08
Great Program with a lot of potential.. but... muvizu is great and it works well. I have had it crash on me so far only once. I am building custom sets with all objects I made and the first set is almost done (well 3 sets really but 2 of them are simply indoor versions of the first set so its like one giant set hehe). I have had no issues importing anything into it and in one case I created a vehicle with a little man inside so a pretty complicated mesh.

I then spent some time testing just how many actors/puppets whatever you want to call them is possible to get on a set well lets just say its a lot (this is on a 64 bit system mind you) I got tired of hitting the create button

all this and they charge you 0.00 quite frankly its amazing. I saw a few muvizu animations about 6 months ago and downloaded muvizu then but had no time to do anything with it until recently.

There are tons of effects as well and they have an internal texture animating set up that pretty much makes it possible to create any illusion you please

and then I say to myself "all this for free " again

and thank muvizu for making such an epic piece of software available for users who may have zero budget that allows them to use machinima to tell their stories with!

Buddies
edited by urbanlamb on 01/08/2012
2012/7/28 18:13:31
Need a model or set made? I dont need any models but I keep seeing the comments in the thread about this lol its making me giggle so the question begs does one use the button "report as offensive" because of the smell of this high quality um turd?
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86