urbanlamb - all messages by user

2015/12/20 21:38:06
MUvizu not importing SketchUP model... MrDrWho13 wrote:
roland1963 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
store gallery whatevers lol I know fazz uses sketchup and ziggy I think has some sketchup stuff just download an object made in sketchup and if that installs just use that file and put your stuff in there.

if it doesn't install then its something scrambled on your pc uninstall muvizu and sketchup do a registry cleanup using a registry cleaner I use the one from piriform its free and it works. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER (reboot after cleaning the registry)

Then put all the stuff back onto your disk and try try again.

If that doesn't work.. I would blame Muvizu if you can't import anything in the gallery and then.. you can report a bug

But how can I know what I am downloading is made in SketchUP... I can download 100 things and they will never be made in Sketchup?

They don't have to be made in sketchup, they just need to be an object in a .ase format. (There's a 90% chance they're from sketchup anyway)

his error is specific to sketchup not all files require a toto.bmp and he is saying that this is what his error was at least that was what he started with.

roland1963 wrote:

Then when I try to import the model in Muvizu, Muvizu tells me "there was an error importing an object. File not found. C\users\roland\Blabla\HipHop\textures\toto.bpm"

This is peculiar to sketchup and has nothing to do with ASE models at all.

edited by urbanlamb on 20/12/2015
2015/12/20 21:35:27
MUvizu not importing SketchUP model... roland1963 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
Can you import files from the gallery? try a freebie just download it and try.

If that works just take their models out and stuff yours in all of it all the bits and pieces.

Of course, I imported sets from the store and they all open but Muvizu will not import my SketchUp when there is a texture... it imports them when there is not texture but when there is one; no...

Yes are they made in sketchup? there are some actual sketchup made models you need to try those not sets just models. At one point we could upload models that is what you need to try. Go to fazz's account and download a couple of his models and try those as he has confirmed they are all made in sketchup. This will determine if this is a sketchup issue or a muvizu issue or a pc issue.

http://muvizu.com/Profile/fazz68/Creations/?mediaType=25

try some of the older ones as he said they all contain the toto.bmp file.

here this one looks like it was one of his first ones

http://muvizu.com/3D/29902/reel-to-reel-tape-player
2015/12/20 19:56:56
MUvizu not importing SketchUP model... store gallery whatevers lol I know fazz uses sketchup and ziggy I think has some sketchup stuff just download an object made in sketchup and if that installs just use that file and put your stuff in there.

if it doesn't install then its something scrambled on your pc uninstall muvizu and sketchup do a registry cleanup using a registry cleaner I use the one from piriform its free and it works. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER (reboot after cleaning the registry)

Then put all the stuff back onto your disk and try try again.

If that doesn't work.. I would blame muvizu if you can't import anything in the gallery and then.. you can report a bug
2015/12/20 19:24:24
MUvizu not importing SketchUP model... Can you import files from the gallery? try a freebie just download it and try.

If that works just take their models out and stuff yours in all of it all the bits and pieces.
2015/12/20 18:42:32
MUvizu not importing SketchUP model... I know nothing of sketchup but I think the question was answered in this thread. All my sketchup knowledge about missing toto.bmp files were acquired from reading the answers of those who use sketchup, but possibly this should be added to the wiki since this is a chronic issue.

Ask me about blender I can blather on for hours or model making in general but I have never used this tool known as skethcup other then to play with it for an hour many many years ago LOL and decided I didnt like it. So that is what I know of sketchup

There is also this in the wiki that fazz wrote awhile back

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/99/import-objects-ase-objects-with-missing-textures-from-sketchup-file-when-im

edited to sound like i am actually an english speaker :/ (too much french makes me speak really bad english when I write at times..plus i can't spell or type..)
2015/12/19 15:57:38
Buzzball Day 3 ukBerty wrote:
Artpen - loving Buzzball. A genuinely original idea well executed.

artpen wrote:
If you have a good script, start planning, get your voice work done, get all yor assets together, then set your scene, get all the lighting done, honestly, Muvizu lets you think like a Movie director, sit back, move those Cameras about like if you are really on the set, it's total freedom, use it, dont rush it!

...and there you have it. Well said.

LOL I am going to present an alternate point of view as someone who uses any old platform that makes me happy which is in essence "all of them" game engines like crysis, muvizu and others.

Anyhow I look at this as a comparison to real world with living breathing actors and the cgi world. Now in the real world the "animation" is done using coaching and coreography and sometimes you need to learn things like "kung fu" or get a stunt double and rehearse them as well.

Now in the world of animation and this includes muvizu the actors are much better behaved be them from muvizu or anything else. You can make the animation yourself or buy it ready made, but it actually boils down to the same thing. Some food for thought is "animating" really that far away from real life ? is muvizu really *that* different. It all comes down to who did what work for you in the end platform should not matter much in most respects and the only thing that you have to worry about is the dreaded graphical issue. The rest is all under the users control no matter the software .. well I guess the graphical issue is as well because you just pick your platform according to well the graphics it creates. (we can call that the camera I guess)

I dont know why this came to mind right now I guess I am in a thoughful mood.

and is a good place to discuss "directing"

which brings us to script.

I actually write original stuff but in many cases I use someone elses script. I have been working on a script that has taken me forever to come up with the ending. The lessons I learned in that deptartment came from textbooks over time. They say the beginning and ending is the hardest so do that first and then fill in the middle and go back and .. do it again so i am at the 'filling in the middle' stage. Anyhow when it comes to this issue I tend to pick a tool that will let me use the script I wrote instead of writing a script for the tool. So this is why I do some stuff in muvizu, some in crysis and some in iclone.

In all cases avatars, puppets are much better behaved then real life actors who get angry and fussy and want more money LOL.

So yeah I am at the finish line of a script I started a couple years ago. Its scifi and it will be done in iclone or crysis I have not decided yet. It simply wont work with muvizu. Its nothing against muvizu which I love for what it can do and it does it well, but when doing this stuff one should be picking the tool to match the job and not making the job to match the tool. There now it makes more sense Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 19/12/2015
2015/12/18 15:07:38
Buzzball Day 3 Google changes their api like every other week so Muvizu just probably surrendered. LOL.
2015/12/12 15:08:34
3D modeling software If you actually want to make a photo and convert it to a mesh ...yes its possible but not many people do it.

If you just want a tank you can use a 3d asset site like this one http://archive3d.net/?category=2092&page=1

I use 3dcoat for a lot of stuff and it has a photo to mesh converter. None of them work well though. Its better to make it by hand

There is a ton of free converters around if you want to try it. I can't remember any off the top of my head only I have seen them even on cell phones lol. Anyhow the models on that site archive3d are for the most part depending on the integrity of the model to start with convertable inside blender for use in muvizu just download the 3ds file and check out the info in the wiki.

argh sorry wrong forum edited to fix my typo.
edited by urbanlamb on 12/12/2015
2015/12/12 14:59:50
Unreal Development Kit? Some of the information is the same the relevant info is linked in the wiki. You might want to check there.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/143/importing-objects
2015/12/11 21:11:09
3D modeling software you might want to check the wiki. There are different people with different preferances and really it depends on what you want to learn and what your expectations are of the software.

Assuming your using play+ anything that will work with fbx formatted files is usable. There is a list of stuff in the wiki

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/pages/tag/fbx

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/pages/tag/ase

There is also ASE format which is not as robust and rather old and not supported by a lot of software now.
2015/12/9 18:57:27
Star wars The Emperor you can make a wrinkle map and put that in the normal map layer if you want to make him all wrinkly I dont know if you uvmapped him by hand or what but you can use photoshop and create a wrinkle map that way.

Its possible to do this in real time inside blender as well drawing on the 3d character ..

(I probably should do a tutorial one day lol)
edited by urbanlamb on 09/12/2015
2015/12/5 22:08:55
Danimal sad

thanks for sharing mysto
2015/11/28 22:44:22
Donald Trump Parody in front of audience although they used cgi 3d to enhance this they also used non 3d methods to make more people and stuff. If the pro's dont do it I think greenscreen is probably okay LOL

I remember when you were using large crowds but really the way to do it is make one or two crowds or more (in layers) and then green screen em together instead of making 300 avatars in one set

but if you like a challenge I guess to see how many you can make before your pc blows up
edited by urbanlamb on 28/11/2015
2015/11/27 16:19:08
sigh.... Its bugs.. contact support and they will ask you to send them the set file. Upload the set to dropbox or google drive or something and send support the download link.

http://muvizu.com/Support
2015/11/23 14:58:06
Can't reopen complex scenes sometimes send in your set anyhow because there are several causes of things not working and they can't find the cause without the data. I sent them sets and they fixed those bugs but still there were other bugs as you can see.
2015/11/22 15:55:01
Can't reopen complex scenes sometimes send the set to support and they will try to see if it can be fixed.

http://muvizu.com/Support
2015/11/20 17:50:18
Problem after doing the upgrade help please bugs "99 bugs on the wall 99 bugs. take one down and pass it around 129 bugs on the wall. "

They fixed some bugs but those bugs likely had babies and created new bugs.
2015/11/20 16:07:34
Market place MrDrWho13 wrote:
I thought I'd clear a couple of things up for a sec:
There would still be free assets from creators who would rather "donate" assets.
As for the payment system, I was thinking converting it to "virtual pounds" which would work on the exchange rate at the time of purchase. So if you put in $10, you'd get £6.55 of credit to spend (Rather than displaying it as $10).

I am going to clarify this in that its up to the individual user as to whether they will continue to create free assets. Muvizu contacted us when this started and gave us the choice of whether we would pull our assets down or leave them up for free and asked us if we would continue to create freebies. The bulk of creators who had anything up left it up and said that they would like the ability to donate free stuff in the future.

However there is no obligation to do so. Its voluntary and not a requirment of any single user or even muvizu to churn out anything for free. The option will be there if he/she chooses to do so.
edited by urbanlamb on 20/11/2015
2015/11/20 14:51:23
Market place Danimal wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
who said anything about greed? That word hasn't come up once until now.

shake head

yeah dude I hate to say it a discussion was opened up about a store and people put in input. Saying its greed as you did and i am sorry its quite rude to assume that those giving input are doing it out of greed. This is in your head. I will tell you right now that most people who decide to contribute which is something i have not decided upon yet because of just such labels and stereotypes that come up along with the usual arguments that come up with greedy developers will probably not make enough money to even cash out that more one then once a year for 50 bucks. If they are lucky that is..

So here is the list of false stereoytypes:
-developers are not greedy
-nor are they lazy
-and neither is it easy to do
- all developers are rolling in money (the bulk of these so called greedy developers barely make enough money to survive and often hold second jobs working in other industries. )
- all developers are living the high life and driving big cars and live in fancy houses (no they also do not all drive mercedes or caddilacs and live in mansions. )

I find it quite rude when people come up with such trollish comments when the thought of spending 5 cents come up. I will tell you now that no one is going to get rich quick if they do decide to sell something. Which to be honest because I am getting older I can't be bothered to take part in because I am burnt out on people like you who assume that everyone who participates in this industry is rich and greedy. As someone who gives away more then I sell and who pulled stuff down off the market a long long time ago now because of the attitudes like this who was only doing it for fun and as a hobby as I have a job that has allowed me to retire early that is NOT in the 3d industry. I think its people who think about developers as rich and greedy who are the greedy ones because you want something for nothing all the time.

So maybe since i am getting old and cantakerous and am about to retire I might sell stuff, but please dont purchase anything from me if you think of people like that I dont want your business. Go and make it yourself and dont spend a dime not on me anyhow. I highly encourage you to not spend a dime and make all your own assets and code all your own software!

I am sure though that you have no trouble using everyones free work without hesistation because you know "its easy" and everyone is just greedy and lazy. Oh and your welcome by the way for all that free crap that everyone has contributed over the years.
edited by urbanlamb on 20/11/2015
2015/11/19 22:28:05
Market place fazz68 wrote:
MMmmmm doughnuts.... nice

http://muvizu.com/3D/26963/Drive-Through-Doughnut-Shop-Doughnuts-Include Big Grin

I think my doughnuts were a tad vertex heavy I dont remember LOL.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86