urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/1/31 23:22:00
New character? I have state. yes their bridge looks better in this case. however everything is glued down and non-moveable and you can't change anything. This is the point, but I can build a bridge just like that one if I so choose or a bridge from a star wars movie. I can't do that with state .. well unless I hack it maybe then I can but state is a totally different beast in that respect all the rooms are confined I can't walk down a hallways or open a door because state is very limited in that respect.

I can't make that bridge purple and I can't copy that chair and put another one beside it and I can't get my character t walk off the bridge with a camera pan opening a door and follow him down the hallways. State does what is called "talking heads" very well. One room at a time.

Anyhow I am not interested in any holy software wars but aside from the graphical textures which I can do something about in muvizu there is no comparison. However if you want a bridge exactly like that one you just showed me I can in fact build it just like that or someone else with those skills and inclanation can.

my plate is full but if this is your desire give me a couple of months and you can have that exact bridge in muvizu.

I think I actually might make that bridge .... well there are a few things which i would leave out because I worry about copyright
2013/1/31 22:52:29
New character? haha no i dont think your greedy I was more responding to the basics of the thread in one giant post. In each case each of these engines has its own uniqueness. Muvizu is pretty powerful and versatile in its own right so you can make it do more then say the xtranormal system which is a complete closed system and extremely limited. Its not nearly as complicated as the other one suggested here which is source film maker which limits the hobbyist to a very few characters unless you want to start modding in their engine which I dont haha I have engines I can make my own little characters in and not have to worry about the propriatary unreal engine stuff.

I would like to see a characters customization system with sliders and all sorts of things

Their heros characters function completely differently to the original sets and its apparent in the uv maps for the clothing as well. It is more likely they could build on that set to add anime but I always wonder when people make requests (Including my own requests) if what they are doing is trying to make a piece of software into something they already use and have access to. For some reason I totally latched onto the original muvizu characters I just love them and their goofyness. This is probably because I already do "serious" in other softwares and so have no need of that other stuff here.
2013/1/31 19:22:52
asset upload issue :o Hi there

I am having a heck of a time uploading to this site in the last few days. It appears the server is resetting or disconnecting me after a short time. Anyhow I have managed to upload a couple of items but its taken me all night for two nights of retrying over and over again. I watch as it tried to upload the same 10-12% over and over again and then I finally get a message that the page can no longer load and it appears as if the server has reset.

Anyhow just about to give up and simply stuff the rest on google drive or something with a forum link.
2013/1/31 17:40:44
New character? for character design since each company has its own vision etc the assets they produce are going to be in keeping with their art direction. Muvizu has made it possible for us to make any world we have in our minds eye. What is difficult and always will be a point of contention is characters because of the complexity and riging needed. Muvizu has its own patented emote system which they built themselves from the ground up again with its own art direction behind style of animation. What they can or might do or what we can ask them to do is open up the back end so we can import our own rigging which is complicated and its no small task. Creating a new character with new dimensions and have all the emotes/animations fit them its a manual and massive task to go through every animation and try to get them to work with a new structure so you then often have to make new sets of animations which is what has happened with the hero character set.

At the moment if you want your own completely new characters the best route is iclone because its not really considered a machinima tool its an animation tool. I am not a fan of xtranormal and never have been and their system was much more limited then muvizu and source film maker has the same limitations character wise as muvizu with their own brand and look that go with the games that run off the engine however you can if you have the time and are a bit on the masochistic side bring in your own characters but.. its not easy (no that is an understatement actually lol)

Anyhow if i want a more serious look or to make something that looks like something else characterwise i go take out my iclone where its a total open end and play with my storm troopers and micheal jackson and ET and any other character I can dream up.

There should be another female heroine for sure but if you look at what they are doing they have made their own characatures based on certain concepts. Everything else is possible if you go to their digimania site. Will they add it to their free version? I think what they will eventually add to their free version is a way for us to bring in what we feel is the right character as they have with the other 3D assets. Everyone knows they have something planned no one is completely sure of exactly what it is. I think at the moment one of their big issues is hand held props which would bring muvizu to an entirely new place . Big Grin

There is a point at which I expect them to put a price tag on this software although i am sure they are watching source film maker but again that tool is much harder to use then muvizu is and I dont actually use it i prefer if I insist on animating at that level move to iclone which is easier to work with then source filmmaker. Although I will admit that I just at the moment dont have the will to learn an entire system of that level of complexity from the ground up. I have enough things to play with and blender is free
edited by urbanlamb on 31/01/2013
2013/1/29 18:42:51
Muvizu Makers wanted for band videos I can do one if they like. This may be hard to believe but I have zero confidence in my abilities lol so I am unsure if I can make something they will enjoy but I can give it a shot. I have done a couple of music videos they can be fun not sure how well I can do it in muvizu but I can come up with something I am sure. I have however one other project for like "reals" I have to do first though that is for something other then my own enjoyment and to satisfy my need to make "pretty pixels" so until that is done I wont be able to.. I have to do the script first so I have only just started it. ..

Music videos are fun though I dont have to come up with a story as the story is already inside the music but I get really insecure when entering contests and making things for others and tend to underperform and procrastinate lol but I can try and help out. If they dont like it they can always toss it in the garbage can of course

first I have to stop procrastinating over this video project that i was asked to do like one month ago though..
edited by urbanlamb on 29/01/2013
2013/1/29 4:06:19
Coming Soon... well the poster and the word "risqué " have me sitting here impatiently waiting. Can't wait

2013/1/28 17:34:59
Noah and the Empty Ark Dreeko wrote:
Marco_D wrote:
Another brilliant creation Dreeko

Excellent work on the Penguins!

Cheers,
marco

Thanks Marco!
Who doesn't love a grumpy Irish penguin?..

irish oh i thought they were a special scottish type.. either way they were probably drunk penguins!
2013/1/28 17:24:01
Episode 3 of the superhero adventures Another mammoth video took over 24 hours to upload and process definately not for the feint of heart hope you enjoy it. Now I have to find my pc again and clean off the 130 gig of raw footage my hard drive is officially full

and the final copy of the trailer with my dreaded close up version of "the fart scene" which I have now learned in the upscale machinima crowd is a nono but I dont care a good fart scene is a thing of beauty and should not be squandered and wasted for the sake of "art" Big Grin

edited by urbanlamb on 28/01/2013
2013/1/28 0:35:15
My very first attempt. haha good start!

I guess you understood everything
2013/1/27 23:48:33
Videos not clear enough.... AuroraMoon wrote:
Sweet, that helped out a lot.

thanks. now to try out my first scene...

glad it helped if there is anything else that does not make sense in those videos just post and someone will come along and explain it

Happy Muvizuing!
2013/1/27 20:03:16
Videos not clear enough.... AuroraMoon wrote:
the character models. I found out how to animate the objects, build sets, etc but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to animate the characters?

sorta frustrating. ^^;;

I find it a bit ironic to be honest I mentioned accesibility the other day in a post and that day two people start using the software who are going to have issues with accesibility :/

Anyhow apologies from the hearing world to you just keep asking questions and they will be answered I am a postoholic and there are a few others who are good at written instructions so dont despair you too can become a muvizu addict

and make silly videos like this. This was me experimenting with speech bubbles

2013/1/27 19:25:42
Videos not clear enough.... Then you see a timeline pop up with that little clap board thingy like in the movies

you hit that and then the sofware runs and then you hit the buttons on that pad you just set up
so i prepared idle and hand to mouth so you hit direct, wait and when the software runs you mash the buttons to pick your desired animations

you will see in your application the timeline is white and not pink that is because before i started I grabbed the little triangle on the left of the timeline and dragged it to the right sooo that I had an area highligted for when I want to render my little video.

Anyhow I will leave it at that and let you post questions for anything that does not make sense or need further info on

hope that helps
2013/1/27 19:21:26
Videos not clear enough.... you pick if you want his initial state to be Happy or sad etc and if you want him to be sitting or standing

then you see the 3 pages of animations while under prepare click a page 1 or 2 or 3 and then
click the squares underneath it to bring up a list of animations to choose from
then click the animation you want and it will then appear in the box/square you just chose.

Then click another box and repeat until you have a bunch of animations chosen you want to use on that page. So choose an animation click okay and then it appears in the box. When your in prepare the direct button shows and when your in the direct mode the prepare button shows. So we need to prepare first and then direct.

Then once you have your animations chosen hit direct to switch modes

edited by urbanlamb on 27/01/2013
2013/1/27 19:15:02
Videos not clear enough.... your speaking of the characters that come with muvizu?

Yes they dont use the same method because they use strings of animations that are prebuilt since I am sitting here uploading things and making pretty pictures I might as well take a few snapshots of the interfaces

first you prepare the character animations

(gonna split this post as its image heavy)

2013/1/27 7:29:43
Videos not clear enough.... Yes this is a good idea actually for many reasons! Some people say they can't understand the accents as well so that can all be cured with closed captioning. The youtube closed caption is in beta and alas it does not pick up words very well.

In any event post questions and we can write down info for you for the videos that make no sense.

Big Grin
2013/1/26 6:00:38
Coming Soon... ziggy72 wrote:
Now the set's finished.

Just got to build the rest of the prison now... Whaaaaa?

Sammamish - coming this Spring! Well, maybe summer...actually, is a Christmas release better? Big Grin

Well glad your making progress .. summer please of course even if you have all the voice recordings done its gonna take you 2-3 months to build the set and do the animations if you work at it religiously every evening. Soo maybe late summer ? Big Grin
2013/1/25 1:57:30
animation 4 education Welcome,

Feel free to ask any questions as you start to use the software I am sure one of us will happen along and can provide the answer. Like anything it takes time to learn how to do things but stuff gets better with practice . May your muvizu career be long and fruitful
edited by urbanlamb on 25/01/2013
2013/1/23 4:47:10
TALES FROM ZOMBIETOWN SEASON 2 EPISODE 11 yes get as hd/widescreen as possible especially with all these "smart tv's" etc the internet is morphing (this includes youtube) from what is termed a "lean forward" or "lean in" experience to a "lean back" experience so its becoming especially important to make things that will fit on a larger screen and be more cinematic/movie like.

soon we will all be worrying about "real 3d" that is the next step hehe.
2013/1/22 17:23:03
TALES FROM ZOMBIETOWN SEASON 2 EPISODE 11 A very fun series (waits for next episode)

Creeped out
2013/1/22 17:18:22
Game, SET, and match... :) yeah the little supermarket is pretty cute. As Marco says its a bit about marketing strategy as many people dont check there unless they see a post. Then they get to know you make things and will check your feed for updates on new stuff coming out.

Watch the forums for people needing things as well and maybe put up a request thread. Myself I find that if I just read threads and see what people need i keep it in the back of my mind for things to do.

Anyhow dont stop making them I just talk to much so I dont like to post anymore comments then I already do.. i mean look at my post count haha.

So I dont post comments in every thread for every asset because I feel as if I have a bit of verbal diarrhea at times

p.s. unfortunately I am a "do-it-yourselfer" so I dont have a favourite set and I tend to rebuild things when I make a cool new texture or discover some cool new technique. However if one wants to get technical I find myself using the greenscreen set a lot for testing and loading things .. not very imaginative but its a prebuilt set that is useful to me.. (god I am borring at times hehe)
edited by urbanlamb on 22/01/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86