urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/2/10 20:21:44
Birthday Videos haha they are cute the bottom one is a bit scary though
2013/2/8 22:23:34
How to join videos? hello you can use the muvizu video joiner they have a tutorial
http://muvizu.com/Video/17233/Tutorial-23-Make-video-and-using-the-Video-Jo

or you can use an external editor I think the one that comes with windows is called windows movie maker

a third option is to upload all the little clips to youtube and use their video editor I saw one of the staff do that here and its not something I even though of
2013/2/8 0:09:25
problem downloading hi there this means that the graphics card your using doesn't have the shaders needed to run the software so you need to find a pc with a graphics card able to run the software unfortunately your card doesn't support the software.
2013/2/7 20:16:14
Sitting to standing and idle guitar I dont know if this breaks the guitar animation but its possible to have a character move from sitting to standing or visa versa in muvizu

you set up the animation menu that pad and there is an option to add the sit and stand default positions to the pad so you can select them during running the animation portion
2013/2/7 19:07:19
Hide walls tis difficult to plan ahead if you use prebuilt sets though.

The ability to hide walls is something I miss in muvizu I have developed the strategy of having several versions of a set with certain walls missing this is the only way I found around it so maybe one day muvizu will have a hide walls option

the other is as dreeko says I tend to do the movements at the very end otherwise the scene would be too hard to work with. You also can't do movements without a full set so hiding walls would be super cool even in the filming stage so I dont have to delete walls for certain camera angles

*adds it to the list of features requests if its not already on it*
edited by urbanlamb on 07/02/2013
2013/2/6 20:01:46
Azureus Rising I kind of liked the big spider thingy with all the guns and lasers in the middle of the video lol. I like anything with lots of flashing lights and sparkles and whatnot so more flash and sparkles is always something I hope developers add.
2013/2/6 20:00:05
Crach at start-up Hi there it sounds like possibly your graphics card does not support muvizu , but to be sure your going to need to post the information your card name, brand and type etc in order for someone to let you know if anything can be done.
2013/2/5 19:44:50
Youtube and copyright issues one day some guy in a suit decided to mix up the concept of copyright with "making money" and license to use and on youtube its a complicated mess

I wanted one day to sit down and write about all the crazyness that is youboob's content ID system and what it really means lol but have yet to have time to

Technically everything is copyrighted and for the most part youtube is actually pretty bad at protecting actual copyright and more into protecting companies wanting to make money or who have the right to make money off of stuff that the person may or may not have the right to claim copyright to

here is an example: It will probably explain why your midi files get hit with a content ID match

The works of Johann Sebastian Bach can only be claimed as copyright by Johann Sebastian Bach
and since he is dead the library of congress has relegated his work into the public domain (this is american public domain which most people follow as what should be public domain and what is not)..

one day a guy named walt disney decided to make a movie called fantasia and hire an orchestra to make
the sound track

Then disney studio's discovered youboob. They do not hold copyright to the music its not legal but they do hold copyright to the movie and the music even though they performed it is not theirs but its a really nice recording and who doesn't like toccata and Fugue in D minor by Bach
or the The Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky?

you also like this music so open up a musical score and make a midi recording of one of these works and also want to put it on your video on youtube but alas disney got there first and instead of just claiming the visual content as their own creation they decided that they want to make money off the recordings which is cool but the minute they do that they are also claiming copyright because youtube has decided that they are one and the same (even though they are not .. )

So boom you submit your midi of toccata and fugue in D minor and walt disney claims it so they can slap an add on it and make money off of it.

And that is the content id system basically and that is why you get these matches. Youtube should not be labelling it as a copyright claim because in many cases they aren't claims to copyright they are claims to the performance.. which are two completely different things but software cant discern between music read off a musical score and played in the same key and tempo.

edit: adding this in after there is a huge repository of public domain content mostly old old radio shows available for use so there are several of us (i am one) who uses these radio shows which are actually free to use and all rights to the recordings have been released. The avengers recordings are another one that are near "the top" which are the south african public domain recordings which is fine and there are a couple of others used as well. Many of us use creative commons music which comes with a re-use license. However often using them can be irritating and often you have artists tagging them anyhow. So you need to contact the artist directly and request to be put on their content ID white list. If you get a match that makes no sense (and there are plenty of them ) and you know for a fact that its wrong or you hold license to use the recording etc then you have the right to dispute the claim and have them unblock your video. Anyhow if you need to know about specifics you will probably have to point out the video. In my case i do sommersaults to make sure I have proper permission and dont use anything that is not designated or licensed for re-use. Of course there are also scam "collecting societies" which is a whole other layer and its copyfraud and you have to dispute it to get it dealt with as well.
edited by urbanlamb on 05/02/2013
2013/2/5 2:50:59
Coming Soon... rolf thanks woztoons. I have had to stop because as usual every 6 months someone decided to download things and try to sell them for like money so... I will be back when I have crossed all the t's and dotted the i's again.

I think I have successfully and for all time plugged the leak on youtube but I didnt like what I had to do to plug it nevertheless I think I have found a solution
2013/2/4 17:45:21
Coming Soon... looks like a love story play type idea actually which will be fun to watch looking forward to it. I am going to ignore valentine's day I am needing a break from animating for a few weeks
2013/2/3 20:36:28
A question I've been pondering... They have "stuff" up their sleeves and in the machinimo expo some interesting things were mentioned with sketchy vagueness for us to worry about "what's next" . You can achieve an anime look on their original character sets but its "muviuish" style but kind of cute. You can play with the hair and resize things and flip em around so some experimenting might give you some interesting results.
edited by urbanlamb on 03/02/2013
2013/2/3 17:14:56
The Avengers... Part 4 awe just when it was getting exciting

Anyhow hopefully you will do some more later on. I liked the little bikes at the end with the greenscreen worked well.
2013/2/3 1:28:12
Trouble installing heros and villains characters Cool glad it worked Thumbs Up

happy muvizuing
2013/2/2 18:43:40
Trouble installing heros and villains characters this might not work but this is sounding like you had an old version on your pc and removed it?

I would clean my registry and look for any present installations of muvizu and remove any stray folders it sounds like your registry is scrambled. Then once you have cleaned your registry and ensured any stray bits of muvizu are gone download a new copy and install it to an entirely new location on your pc.

(reboot your pc of course after cleaning up the registry)

it might not work but when stuff gets jumbled its often a registry error and I have found muvizu sometimes gets scrambled.
2013/2/1 21:49:43
A question I've been pondering... for the moment (and those are the key words) you can't do anything modelwise in relation to characters so you can't make him a new hat or hair piece. However that doesnt mean that its not something they are trying to work out how best to do it.

they have mentioned trying to find a way to do character props (especially hand held ones) this would be a major step forward for muvizu right now as it stands the uv mesh for the characters is something you can alter and if you resize things and flip them around you can get certain looks. What you can't do is alter the body proportions (something i would like to see but for me this is minor and I want more the other things I suggested to be worked on instead) or add your own animations or import your own character with animations.

the modelling at the moment is the objects of the set which if your careful you can achieve some very excellent things.

Their object movement system is well impressive and so is their facial animation system its based on puppetry concepts.
2013/2/1 17:26:08
Paperman from Pixar I love watching anything made by disney and reading the info on the actual video makes me seriously curious
2013/2/1 17:25:18
New character? Marco_D wrote:
Hey guys,

Our community can expect some nice things this year, but I'm sorry that's all I can say.

Cheers,
Marco

okay you have my attention with this statement although I noticed already in the "news" there does appear to be a soft body physics type flexible tie not unlike the one I saw used in zubox's edition of muvizu so my wheels are going around
2013/2/1 2:59:29
New character? Yes sorry for being so grumpy I do have a copy of a "legal" state engine and I know what an unhacked copy was capable of. I am all for suggestions and criticism its how products get improved but when someone says "i had to hack the software to make it better then muvizu or product y" then I just get cranky.

Anyhow I will go hide now and possibly price graphics cards although my present one is only a year old .. Big Grin
2013/1/31 23:51:55
New character? mos6507 wrote:
"everything is glued down and non-moveable and you can't change anything"
Not for me it's not. I removed the chairs and laid down positionable props. That's not the stock captain's chair. I have a whole separate utility called Set Decorator that lets you reskin sets, bake props, and customize the lighting, just like Muvizu. I'm sorry State Plus wasn't officially released by Xtranormal so if you want to look at it as though it doesn't exist since it's a hack, so be it. I certainly tried to get them to fold it back into the application, but they were stupid.
"I can't walk down a hallways or open a door because state is very limited in that respect."
State characters can certainly walk. They can't open doors, no. Neither State nor Muvizu offer true character interactions. Yes, you have guitars and mics and things, but you can't pick up arbitrary props.
"my character t walk off the bridge with a camera pan opening a door and follow him down the hallways. State does what is called "talking heads" very well. One room at a time."

I added camera moves to State. Can I do a steadicam shot like in Goodfellas, no. A straight dolly down a corridor yes. But not a slinky path. But there's more to telling a story than how fancy the camera moves can get.
"my plate is full but if this is your desire give me a couple of months and you can have that exact bridge in muvizu. "
I can give you the bridge in OBJ if you want to try to import it, plus the Wrath of Khan chairs. I was just comparing it to the stock Muvizu offering with all of its off-kilter angles and solid colors.
I mean, if you're going to talk about importing objects into Muvizu, it's only fair that I show you what can be imported into State, officially or not. I imported a ton of props from Star Trek: Elite Force. Anything that can get spit out in OBJ that has a single diffuse map per mesh should work. It doesn't require the weird ASE format that Muvizu does.
You know, I'm trying to be objective in this thread and I don't think it's fair for me to be accused of trying to touch off a holy war. If there's something Muvizu can't do well, then that's a fact. But whatever I do with State, whether it required hacks or not, is still what this thing can do, otherwise I would not be able to demonstrate it in clip after clip. The capabilities are there.
Just to get this back on topic, I have yet to see a 100% straight (no tongue in cheek) Muvizu clip. If someone has ever successfully accomplished this, I'd like to see it.
My belief is if I finished duplicating the clip in question, I would wind up with something that, emotionally speaking, falls far short of what I'm doing in XN. Is my work Pixar grade? No. Is it "Meet the Heavy" SFM grade? No. But I did it in like 3 hours.

I dont hack your into doing something that is not in the normal realm of the software. If you want to hack be my guest, however your being completely unrealistic at this point and I am gonna leave it at that because your arguments and reasoning is inconsistent. One minute your willing to actually hack a piece of software to make it do what you feel it needs to do to satisfy your needs and the next minute your telling me "its too hard".
2013/1/31 23:26:17
New character? trust me I can build that set and so can a few others Big Grin

Have you checked out the asset gallery here?

anyhow glad you enjoy state myself i found it too limited and closed. I think though that aside from the actual character look I can do anything that state does inside muvizu. So the only difference is actual character model and lack of TTS.
edited by urbanlamb on 31/01/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86