urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/3/11 5:12:13
Coming Soon... lol interesting shot ^^ .. I have a vw somewhere on my pc i made awhile back .. it has no inside.. I suppose I could give it one ...
2013/3/10 22:11:55
Coming Soon... lol I like the long shot just so we see enough skin but not enough to have to blur it ^^ very strategic shot I say.

Big Grin
2013/3/8 20:08:59
Create an animation for neil Gaiman short stories I was looking at this when you posted it and if the time was not so short I would do something but I am a slow poke but it looked interesting and I downloaded the stories etc.
2013/3/8 18:48:55
character move backwards No they can't back up sorry. If I want my characters to move backwards I use a video editor and do the clip of it doing forwards action and then reverse the clip. So you can do it that way if you have an editing program that can reverse video.
2013/3/7 20:23:45
Some information on two hot topics I thought I would post this info because there are many that wonder "why" they are not making headway in certain areas so here is some info. Which I didnt write . Anyhow I actually suck at the social media thing mainly because as a "one man band" its impossible to do it all so you do as much as you can and ignore the rest.

here is a good article that explains "social media" and how to use it. They speak about 100 platforms well I can only handle two or three as a private individual and I dont do it well. I learned that what one needs to do is pick one or two as a private invididual and work on those. My two favourites are well facebook and youtube (youtube is considered a social media platform) and I have tried to add twitter but its well a lot of work because I am not good at abbreviating the world in 20 words or less. I do try though

anyhow here is the link to the article
http://webbusinessbuilder.co.uk/social-presence/

Attaining a high-level of Social Presence includes 3 stages:
1. Selecting, Joining and configuring 100 Social Networks.
2. Writing expert content on your core subject and sharing this with the networks.
3. Engaging meaningfully with people about your content AND THEIRS.
Make no mistake, if you build social presence architecture and then only broadcast your sales messages without listening, responding and engaging, your effort will be for nothing and it will damage your brand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

another "hot topic" is video editing and being a person who really does video for "cool pixels" I shop around for good deals in software and dont just fork out a bucket load of money to adobe so here is what I came up with as a cost effective alternative to a package that would cost about 1,500 usd if you went the adobe premier pro + after affects route.

the first is the video editor which has been coming along nicely and is now in my opinion a "kick-ass" deal considering they have just added motion tracking, subtitile generation, boris graffit and now a new 3d title generator . It has dolby sound editing features and now pro greenscreen which satisfied my needs anyhow.

Corel Video Studio Ultimate is great and I am just going to upgrade my video studio 5 to 6 soon because of the added bells and whistles just added. Compared to sony vegas pro and adobe premier pro I think this is all that is needed plus more..

http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4900077

Then there is the after affects not included in that corel package although now with motion tracking you can actually add some neat after affects without adding a second video enhancing package.

Hitfilm Ultimate is still cheaper then after affects by miles
http://hitfilm.com/ultimate

with those two packages you will save a bucket load of money and be able to add all the wierdo special affects and dolby sound and moving things you like and enough to drive any viewer mad!

Anyhow hopefully this info helps.
edited by urbanlamb on 07/03/2013
2013/3/7 19:30:00
What's on the Pig? are you sure it wasn't chocolate? it could have been chocolate? NO?
2013/3/6 22:32:52
To the community at large I had a final thought that I forgot to mention because my A.D.D. makes me multitask but as I was reading the thread again I had not seen mentioned I dont think an affiliate program which I think would work well. I guess the usual is 15% of the final sale it would be for the main software of course I dont know if it would be workable for any content etc I think that would start to get a bit complicated to manage from muvizu's end.
2013/3/6 20:35:03
Iron Man 3 I saw this posted elsewhere but stuff like this I find fun to watch and they are likely equally fun to do. I have seen these guys before and always enjoy their stuff
2013/3/5 23:07:28
Morphing oh that is what you mean hehe. I change my characters but I dont use any fades its for a 'magical' quick change but I think for the most part people just film the character and not move any cameras and then film another character and use a transitional fade and half frames for this type of stuff. My transitions I have done are all "sudden switches" same idea but i dont use half frames and need no transitional fades its just two different frames side by side. I think fazz has done some as well.
edited by urbanlamb on 05/03/2013
2013/3/5 13:27:46
To the community at large

WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR A PRO-VERSION OF MUVIZU?

I am sure our answers to this question could have an impact on the future pricing of Muvizu so the more people that responds to that question the easier it is for the team of Muvizu to price accordingly.

Like I said in all honestly I would pay between $100.00 to $200.00 (USD) for Muvizu Pro-Version.
and up to $100.00(USD) now as-is.

$200.00 USD seems about right in the present economy anything less I think would be unfair to muvizu but for that 200.00 USD I would be expecting further development of the product. If the product is going no further well I would put it in the "cute toy" category and pay less but I am under the assumption that muvizu 'is not done yet' . I didnt see this last sentance originally or perhaps it was edited in later and I am just seeing it now

I guess I should answer also the premium products.

added content packs (for me I am mostly interested in more animations and character types because we can't import that ^^. Mind you for me its also time saving even though I can make complete characters that work and add the proper skeletons and even create animations. I usually limit myself to clothing meshes and models and leave the animation for some other guy because quite frankly there are only so many hours per day)

added features - say one day you solve how to get animations in from outside or perhaps you add mocap (the new in thing)

I am partial to the looks of muvizu characters against real world backgrounds (i think it looks very cool so my interests are limited in the way of most muvizu styled content so your not likely to sell me a lot of that anyhow but you never know I use the lights and chairs and tables a lot so depends what you come up with I suppose ^^)

Lastly a content marketplace is probably a good idea I have not encountered a company that can satisfy the needs of an entire world and so putting in a vehicle for others to sell content on your site (be it muvizu style or not ) and taking a percentage of that for hosting it and giving us a little shop is probably a good thing. I never have used it in iclone because well I hate the hassle of doing business at this level I prefer to work for some guy who asks me to make stuff rather then doing business at this level but I might try. I have done it in the past and eventually stopped but I might give it a go again.
edited by urbanlamb on 05/03/2013
2013/3/3 23:36:18
To the community at large fazz68 wrote:
i dunno about most people here but i dont have a pot to **** in, so if muvizu does charge for their software im afraid thats me done. its not that i wouldnt pay because i love messing about with muvizu but at the end of the day i just wouldnt be able to afford it.

Yes dont worry I would be very surprised if they removed the free version they just have a lot of people asking for a "smalltimers" commercial use version as well so for lack of a better word me thinks they are trying to keep everyone happy

InsaneHamster wrote:
I also was thinking 200 bucks. I can't see it going much higher than that. Not without major tweeks and addons. I am curious as to if it was 200 dollars will that include free updates or will you have to pay for an update that cost less then what you paid for Muvizu orginally. Hmmmm...

Yes I see great minds think alike or in this case mine and Mr hamsters

*whispers okay my sense of humour is getting a bit offbeat I better go eat some food my low blood sugar is making me a bit more dippy then usual*
edited by urbanlamb on 03/03/2013
2013/3/3 18:12:36
To the community at large Not to scare anyone but I could easily see a base package of muvizu going for 200 usd or so. If you look at the competition they sell addons that make it possible to do more with the software but their base package is around 500 bucks. Although in each case they offer something different in a base package they way you get more options is to upgrade or get an addon studio etc. I dont see muvizu going as high as 500 bucks and again this is all speculation on my part .. because as a base package its still a bit low on feature and needs a bit more development but I can easily see it going for 200 bucks.

Now I should hide but realistically speaking this seems like a fair price to me given the potential and power behind it. Its very versatile now & it occupies a niche of silliness (ignore my stuff I am not quite sane with my half hour epics lol) and people will pay for that niche for sure!
2013/3/3 18:06:44
Blob Hands Interesting request or question hehe. Unfortunately the blobs have no hands and there is no way to add hands, but you can as long as the character isnt moving (although I guess if your patient enough you can do it with the character moving as well) superimpose a blob on top of a regular character in such a way as you can see the hands. I dont imagine it would work very well but you can give it a try
2013/2/27 18:52:58
Batman _Fear of the Bat looks neat I like the batmobile!

Wonder what that dynamic duo is going to say next
2013/2/26 19:05:06
Another problem ... I would like a waypoint system of some sort in muvizu so that I could have cameras move from waypoint to waypoint without dragging them. Unfortunately the example given is not the best because as fazz says you film twice. IN this case muvizu is acting just like "real world" and you just apply those little real world film tips 'n tricks to get the job done. HOwever I think the post was made as a request for a waypoint system which would be great because getting good camera movement is difficult if not in my case impossible in muvizu you cannot zoom and move the camera at the same time as it causes the camera to move in a very jerky way. I also find for any longish distance its nearly impossible to get it to work so have to resort to a lot of camera switches in many cases as the present camera system for movement is just not practical.

Anyhow however in this case the solution is simply to remove the character although there is one engine that has a hide feature for characters most dont have it. So just film twice like real world and transition the clips
2013/2/24 18:41:20
Google you will need to add the ase exporter to get the stuff into muvizu here is the video about getting stuff into muvizu and the link for the exporter. There is another video somewhere that one of the staff made for the new exporter but I can't find it in the list right now

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/17248/Tutorial-06-Building-sets-Importing-3D-models

download link

here is the other videos

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/12838/Importing-from-Sketchup-Part-1

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/12851/Importing-from-Sketchup-Part-2-Basic-Collisio

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/12935/Importing-from-Sketchup-Part-3-Complex-Collis

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/21578/Sketchup-collision-made-easy-in-Muvizu-3D-ani
edited by urbanlamb on 24/02/2013
2013/2/23 20:54:58
SUPERHERO Texture tutorial hi not really sure what you mean at this point

you download the superhero texture maps from the website here
http://www.muvizu.com/Info/98/Custom-textures

and you open up the one you want to use and paint on it like in the tutorial.

the 3 super hero textures are
sinister
heroine
beefy

at the bottom of that list you unzip them and there are different ones for different costumes they wear in the package.

so for instance if you want a skin tight suit you pick the spandex suit and paint on that.
If you want to make him a new jacket you pick the texture that matches the jacket in the set and paint on that. Its the same idea however the superhero has more choices the old set of characters you have to try to make UV map work for all things. The superhero is made better but it works the exact same way. Fish the uvmap out of the set and paint on it. Perhaps someone can explain it better. However that tutorial works for all the characters even if they look slightly different.
2013/2/23 19:28:38
SUPERHERO Texture tutorial hi here is a texture tutorial. All the textures work on the same principles. Open up the uv map for the article you want to alter and paint on a new texture. Or you can use a photo of something you have in your closet same idea just apply it to the uv map your using and stretch it around using the tools in the editing program your using.

http://muvizu.com/Video/17223/Tutorial-11-Characters-Painting-custom-skins
2013/2/22 19:05:03
How do I add music to my video hi there you should probably go through all the how to tutorials but here is the links to directings and in that list you will see an introductory tutorial on how to add sound

http://www.muvizu.com/HowTo/?cat=100000012
2013/2/22 5:43:39
I'd LOVE to see a Hollywood MOVIE FILMmakers PAK.. feeling silly I saw the comment on adding the suggestion to the post it note wall and felt the need for adding a graphic of sorts..

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86