urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/8/23 20:20:15
sets wont load, cameras 3 and 4 only ah okay so i might hit an issue if i try to use muvizu play. I am or was going to start my next not so blockbuster but wanted to use play because the synch for voice is much improved and so is camera movement and both these issues bug me in 23b so I guess I will wait cause I really dont want to produce another 23b video if I can help it.

I guess I can build sets in 23b and have them ready for play i guess... not sure what to do but if converting them will cause a problem down the line I guess I should just keep them the way they are right now..
2013/8/23 18:31:03
How to record normal voices, silly voices? its hard to give info on everything but for sound you do need a good mic and sometimes you need a better sound card as well. A cheap 5 dollar mic will not do the job if you actually are caring about sound.

This is the mic I use plus I do voice over recordings with a bunch of insulation and my head in a closet to remove any echo from the room and to get away from the hum of my pc and any other electronic devices

http://bluemic.com/yeti/

There is a pro blue yeti as well but from what I have heard it has compatibility issues with windows and stops responding over time. This mic is pretty good although it doesnt like the base in my voice but for my personal use its fine. If I raise my voice I do cause the microphone to have distortion so I have to be careful. Not all mics work with all voices in this case blue yeti definatly doesnt like female voices with base in them it in fact hates it so I have to be very careful about how loud I talk into it but its better then a 5 dollar cheap mic which simply can't handle anything at all

I am satisfied with my blue yeti for the price it works great!
edited by urbanlamb on 23/08/2013
2013/8/22 19:58:30
sets wont load, cameras 3 and 4 only okay I will take a peak at mine then as it seemed related at the time to something or other having to do with a sketchup conversion/export or something. Anyhow i will download a few sets and take a peak so far I haven't seen anyone complain about a set i made not loading but yeah sets are getting a lot more use now I noticed that they are available inside muvizu using an app (objects are not working properly well at least I can't find them when i hit the download button inside the software, but i am not looking too closely just was a quick button pressing tour when they released the newest muvizu play).
2013/8/22 17:25:31
sets wont load, cameras 3 and 4 only I guess I should try a few of my sets although i am thinking most of the errors revolve around some sketchup issue or other I guess I should at least pull out a couple of sets and see what they do..
2013/8/20 20:21:31
Just have to share these guys stuff. I couldn't find this one when I was looking its always impressed me when people use looping machines and solo a multi instrument song this one is older but i have always liked it

2013/8/19 19:53:50
THE BELL, THE LARGE BELL that being said i didnt get round to making one last night i looked at the video and i am assuming its the large bell that seems to travel around with the guy its a simple object to make I just have to do it. You can likely find one on 3dwarehouse and import it without issue let me know as I am kind of strung out with work right now and am not getting time to do a lot of modelling for "recreational" stuff only modelling that I have to do cause someone orders me to

update: I made a big bell and the asset is uploaded to the asset gallery it will take about 24 hours for it to appear in the list. I did the texture very quickly you might not like the gold i picked but no matter its uvmapped of course so you can choose another seamless texture here are a couple of places that have textures

http://archivetextures.net/

http://cgtextures.com/

http://www.deviantart.com/resources/

should be easy enough to find a metal texture that you like

hope it helps
edited by urbanlamb on 19/08/2013
2013/8/18 16:16:46
THE BELL, THE LARGE BELL You will need to use sketchup or blender or something you can probably find one on the 3dwarehouse.

http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic1452-sketchup-to-muvizu.aspx

http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic2241-learning-blender.aspx

I cant do it right now but tonight maybe i can take a few minutes and make one I will take a look at his video and see.
2013/8/18 16:14:08
how to Make a character lie down my favourite lie is the bum in the air one, but I suppose its hard to do an autopsy on a bum
2013/8/18 1:21:42
After Installation Error Did you try thoroughly cleaning out your registry and looking for any stray files etc? Muvizu doesnt always clean up after itself. This may do nothing but if your willing to try again try to clean out your pc well before trying again. I have gotten most of these errors at one time or another but always found that if i removed all traces of the software including looking for any folders or files it left behind and installing it as simply as possible it usually works. The other thing i found was sometimes the video joiner doesn't shut down properly even though I never use it sometimes it just decides to run all by itself so maybe make sure that is not just sponteneously running and interfering with something muvizuish.

If that doesn't work send a note to bugs@muvizu.com with your pc info dxdiag.exe file and a screenshot of the error. It might not help right now but perhaps they will find a pattern in the submissions over time as some bugs are pretty hard to figure out.
2013/8/17 17:57:03
Video Joiner not working!!! yes there are tons of tools on the market that are cheap or free that do a better job then the video joiner. The same with audio there are many options for it. There are not however a ton of products or programs on the market that do this type of thing and there are even less that let casual users do it for free (i say casual because hobbyists can be as 'hardcore' as any commercial only operation) so in order to avoid people spending time fixing something that really is not within the actual scope of muvizu why not just take it away. I feel this way about most softwares that do this where people start suggesting post-production and editing features I feel it just clutters up the program takes away valuable memory my pc could use for the actual purpose of the animation software and wastes dev time.
2013/8/16 21:26:55
Video Joiner not working!!! I didnt think I would ever suggest removing a feature before now but I was thinking about this awhile ago haha and video joiner is not reallyl needed. YOu can upload all the raw clips to youtube and use the youtube editor to create a video and it works much better then video joiner. Although I guess if you want to submit to the gallery you need to download the finished product and re-upload. Anyhow along that lines I was thinking that since its never really worked well that maybe it should be removed as to me its almost a 'useless feature' and is likely left over from times past when muvizu was new and trying to go in another direction. Or maybe I should just be quiet because its presence is likely not a huge issue and its probably not making coding in muvizu any harder :/
2013/8/15 19:14:15
How do I lip-sync to more than one audio file? there is a way to do it but the method described has never worked for me the intended muvizu way is to lump all the dialogue into a single audio file and use shush and talk to that. There is a second method of using the other audio slots per character and fooling muvizu into recognizing that dialogue and just using the talk function but its fidly and doesn't work if you are not careful and for me it has never ever worked reliably.

however you can only use one audio fle per character no matter what method you use so you have to try to time your dialogue correctly which is probably something muvizu should consider changing in the future but for now you need to put all the dialogue into one file using something like audacity and set it up that way.
2013/8/14 20:36:55
Installer Integrity Check Error Message sounds like a corrupt download you might want to try redownloading it if you connection is slow it might be getting damaged on the way
2013/8/13 22:23:35
Just have to share these guys stuff. I think i watched the new one they just made the royals one to find all the sources of certain beats and sounds. I have trouble believing they record some of that in real time but that one was all real time it just blows my mind because that was just such an intricate video even the guy in the back coming in on a doly and blowing a didgeridoo hehe. I wonder how long they have to practice that before they get it to the point they can do it in a continuous take.
2013/8/12 22:36:26
Just have to share these guys stuff. I have followed these guys for ages they were a group started out in ottawa now they are in toronto but they have always been well remarkable. They give new meaning to the word rythm. They are also the only people I find that I actually enjoy them covering someone elses work musicwise because they always do something fantastically different lol. Their original music is awesome as well and some of the videos they have created are so complicated its just well amazing and to top it off they actually shoot them in one take due to expenses :/

Here is like a top 5 selection .. Its amazing what you can make a pile of spoons do and how many people you can squeeze onto one guitar and what happens when a bunch of people get together to play their faces

2013/8/12 0:52:19
Sketch up model making tip Happy cone editing. I am sure that is possible with more complex stuff if your patient enough

*takes my insanely stiff hands off the keyboard and goes back to watch tv.. hopes they get better tomorrow.. i hate typing with two fists *
2013/8/12 0:49:02
I've been trying something new! sculpting is fun excuse fingers super stiff.. that looks like sculptris its free but fun its free because the models are not really usable in anything but you can create a base model and retopologise it in maya or blender or whatever to be optimized for graphics. You can also sculpt in blender its fun sorta like working with virtual putty or clay

looks like this http://pixologic.com/sculptris/ by the same people who make zbrush .. it can be done in maya etc but sculptris is a great price its like free
edited by urbanlamb on 12/08/2013
2013/8/11 8:03:01
Sketch up model making tip hehe "its been fazzed" I have to be careful that can have some interesting um twists to it.. i feel a silly comedy sketch coming on.. well when I am not singed around the edges from making so many superman videos in a row.. I will probably do something silly
2013/8/11 8:01:22
Can I direct a character to be visible / invisible aha I made an assumption on this one I guess I was farther ahead then muvizu is hehe anyhow look forward to this option as I had planned to um use it but i guess "its not done yet"
2013/8/8 17:10:22
unable to load muvizu.dll I didnt read this before and i'm not staff but you need to post your pc specs and be prepared your pc and setup sound very very out of date so it may not work or run and dialup modem is very slow perhaps the file is corrupted. In any event you will need to post your specs but it sounds like you need to find yourself a better pc and likely a better internet connection if the file is corrupt.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86