urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/9/23 21:07:16
Students use You can use it for free without removing the watermark as per the site if you want to use your university logo its fine but you cant obscure the muvizu logo so place the university logo on the other corner. This wont infringe on the conditions as long as the muvizu watermark remains intact and is not covered or something by another logo or something.

That is what it was intended for in order for people to still make videos for free as long as they aren't making money off of it all they ask is just leave the logo intact. As you can see from our gallery there are tons of videos on youtube
2013/9/23 19:55:19
A question of scale? erm i think i read ukberty saying that this message 'the object is too small' is now gone. I dont remember where I read it just in a thread on the last release somewhere maybe even in the beta forum not sure
edited by urbanlamb on 23/09/2013
2013/9/23 19:53:51
Students use Mkope wrote:
I made a video and I want to put my university's logo on it, but nothing comercial e without taking off the watermark, and then publish it on youtube, can I do that?

you can't remove the watermark without paying for its removal its part of the terms of the "free" we get to use it free but we advertise for them in return. Although if your a teacher or something I think there is a special provision but you need to contact them for permission. This was in a previous incarnation of muvizu not sure the present incarnation but its against tos to remove or obscure the watermark without paying for its removal that is what the present TOS says

contact@muvizu.com

put your watermark on the other corner that is what most of us do
2013/9/23 16:56:16
A question of scale? MrDrWho13 wrote:
I may be wrong here, but I think that, for some reason, everything imports that size, regardless of how big it was anywhere else.
If you want to import, say, a spoon, it imports the same size as, say, a dinosaur.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think Muvizu need to do something about it.

you can alter scale MR Dr its just there is a limit as to how large you can scale things up muvizu wont allow objects to go beyond a certain size. Its also not practical to make objects too small as if you drop them they can bounce wildly as muvizu likes fat things. I have made a few tiny things for ziggy but I would never place it in the gallery because they can have some interesting side effects.
2013/9/23 16:35:16
A question of scale? I am using blender so I dont think my sizes would work well. As I actually need to scale my things up but buldings i do x8 which probably means nothing to you as blender builds in cm and not meters I dont know what sketchup uses if this is sketchup. What I do is take one piece of whatever it is i am building and build in the default size in blender which is actually teeny tiny.

Import it and write down the size i scaled it up and then scale each other item in the set by the same dimensions and break stuff up and put each piece in different layers to do this. I am unsure of how that would translate for you but I do a test building with a copy of the item and write down the numbers I scaled by and then apply that to all my buildings for me its usually x5 or x8, but sometimes I make stuff for iclone and then decide to use in muvizu then I have to scale down by like 20 times or more depending on what it is...

so that is my best answer make a seperate copy of the set cut out the one building you wanted and import that until your happy with the size. Then write it down and apply it to the entire layout.

sorry
2013/9/21 11:03:24
A question of scale? yes scale is different when I converted my sets my characters were way huger then when they were in 23b when in the sets. Things were out of whack the conversion is not 1:1
2013/9/20 19:48:37
How to make a crowd If you mean hack i think your on your own with this one.

The ability to copy a sequence of animations is something that has been asked. This is not easy though one has to remember that there are different types of characters etc etc so it becomes a problem. If I had my drothers myself i would prefer they finish work and release hand held props before coding something which we can already do manually if we so choose.

And yes you can call me urban this seems to be a common nick name for me hehe Big Grin
2013/9/20 17:55:37
How to make a crowd nope its something we have asked for/suggested but as of yet you can't copy piles of animations or characters with animations. However you can now use the new timeline filter and place all the characters on the timeline to try to synch it all
2013/9/20 17:14:12
SuperNatural Inc Episode 1 - Izzakel is FREE!!!! hehe i like this little series always such great voices
2013/9/19 20:52:06
Is there any way to use 3D assets from Xtranormal? OMG I must have esp I was just as I saw this nuked thread was thinking I had not seen you in awhile. Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 19/09/2013
2013/9/19 18:08:51
New character? yes stop motion is usually the answer to most of these issues.
2013/9/18 21:25:27
MGVS2 - Universal retro gaming system that is a very scary game system that is all I have to say about that hehe
2013/9/17 16:45:25
Charakter in a car the videos were outdated as the ui has changed I suspect he set them on private because they need to be replaced with up-to-date versions.
2013/9/16 17:11:02
Introducing myself, Questions Dagon wrote:

I did some tutorials on clothing making in blender, I am attempting to figure that program out again but still learning the basics.
Can any thing blender wise be used for avatars here?

you can't do anything with models and clothes inside muvizu just use the uvmaps set out as blender is more for making mesh models you just need photoshop or gimp or something for clothing in muvizu.

Blender is good for making objects and scenery in muvizu right now you can make any inanimate object you wish and import it easily.

here is the entire list of tutorials muvizu works much differently then second life I would suggest not referancing second life because its not going to be of much help here.

http://muvizu.com/Tutorials
edited by urbanlamb on 16/09/2013
2013/9/16 0:51:58
Introducing myself, Questions hi welcome Big Grin

Seeing through the mouse is just what you see on your monitor you shouldnt get dizzy so not sure what is going on there. To see through the camera is different.

Maybe you might want to go through the videos as you use the software but I have not found the controls to be loose inside muvizu unless i deliberatly animate a camera to swing around. To make a hood we can't make our own mesh so you will have to work to adapt what they have via attachements. UV layers are laid out already according to premade mesh and you will need to download them.

Anyhow I would suggest looking at the basic tutorial again I see no way one can get vertigo using muvizu (camera swing is something we create ourselves)

here are some of the camera tutorials
http://muvizu.com/Video/17214/Tutorial-09-Building-sets-Cameras

http://muvizu.com/Video/17221/Tutorial-17-Directing-Camera-movement

in second life there are no cameras as the avatars act as the cameras in muvizu its designed around the concept of movie making conventions with 4 cameras which we set to view the scene after we build sets and animate everything.

here is the tutorial on how to work with the uv layers of muvizu characters there are no patterns with a hood built in so you will have to improvize using hats and other head attachements in the software.

http://muvizu.com/Video/16839/Create-a-custom-character-texture

http://muvizu.com/Video/17223/Tutorial-11-Characters-Painting-custom-skins

I would plan a small project and work through the videos to set up the project otherwise it wont shall we say 'stick'
edited by urbanlamb on 16/09/2013
2013/9/15 23:57:10
error message HRSULT: 08007000B on startup dunno but your using amd dual core 2.2ghz the cpu doesnt match the software it seems to me this should be a quad core but i haven't payed much attention to AMD lately ?

Also many radeon cards dont work well with unreal engine I haven't looked this one up but that could be another issue. ?

and 16gig free? is that 16 gig of ram or hard drive? if its hard drive then its almost full? its going to be very hard to run much of anything with an almost full hard drive.

edited by urbanlamb on 15/09/2013
2013/9/15 19:45:13
Bug when import a cypress tree for something like that maybe post a screenshot? because this sounds like its not muvizu sounds like its either an issue with the model or a graphics card issue but pretty hard to tell without screenshot.
2013/9/14 1:36:51
Hi Honey I'm Home! Welcome back from your water sailing wanderings. Your doggie looks rather healthy for being a zombie and all

anyhow get to video making and by the sound of your chat message perhaps eat more celery while making said videos and less doughnuts at least until you can fit back into your t-shirt Big Grin
2013/9/13 17:06:25
How to combine video and a caracter in scene he has used chromakeying or some people call it green screening same thing really. They made a video of the animated dude inside muvizu against a green background (you dont need to use green you can use another colour I use blue a lot as well) and then used video editing software to create a composite and chromakeyed in the dude over top the live video of the office.

here is one tutorial there are millions of them and some software is better at doing it then others but its a very simple principle really

edited by urbanlamb on 13/09/2013
2013/9/8 17:41:08
"Baju Kurung" - Google it. thelksone wrote:
It's a Malay sort-of outfit, with the "tudung" (Google it) and the "Baju kurung". I have to ask, is this attire design-able on Muvizu? Yeah, including the "tudung" that Malay girls + women wear on their heads.

The only way you will be able to get an answer as to whether or not its possible to make a character that looks like something what you like is to try it you can try to imitate the looks.

thelksone wrote:
(Google it) and the "Baju kurung".

NO busy can't take time to look why dont you post us a photo instead?

Perhaps return when you have time to download and install the software and get it to work because you will need to spend time learning how to use the software we will not be able to do that for you.

also it appears you deleted all the chat posts asking all these questions and reposted here. Why are you asking us to answer the questions again when we have given you all this information?
edited by urbanlamb on 08/09/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86