urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/10/20 18:54:59
Help me please muvizu is not compatible with windows 8 not really if you want to use muvizu you will need to partition your hard drive and run a copy of windows 7 as well. Windows 8 does not offer backwards comptability and most companies have not moved forward to windows 8 yet in fact many applications are not fully compatible with windows 8 unfortunately
2013/10/20 15:56:50
Coming Soon... hehe upgrade to 2.68 that works fine 2.69 is not the official version there are in fact "more buttons" on 2.69 however you will be happy to know that one of the main developers of blender has put up a super awesome ui redesign proposal. Their blender conferance is coming up soon they will be addressing it then too. However I am about 99.9999% sure that they will be going ahead with this redesign. Blender quite literally does everything so the ui is very crowded. There is one thing that I was doing wrong with blender 2.69 they added a new feature which I had noticed however that does not explain the other issues I found. Anyhow so yeah they are gonna fix blender a bit 2.69 is not working 100% correctly though.

I might make a couple more items tonight and stuff it in the gallery tonight if i get a chance to finish the dishes stuff plate and mug and a cup or something.
2013/10/20 1:42:16
Coming Soon... oh perty and yes lighting is much improved

Big Grin

oh here while i am at it technically I guess its coming soon (just uploaded) I love the shinies for sure *cough* blender exporter is a wee bit buggy ...

edited by urbanlamb on 20/10/2013
2013/10/19 17:25:44
Rosie needs a man! If they had a system to change body proportion it would help but then they would need to rework their entire system of characters.
2013/10/16 21:03:19
Texture issue while importing .ASE The unreal engine does not recognize DDS it recognizes jpeg, png and tga
and yes for a file to import it must have a texture on it and a material this is a parameter of most engines although sometimes you can get away with no texture and only use materials there is in fact a way to do this.
You can use multimaterials in muvizu you need however to find the appropriate ASE exporter to configure the model I use the blender ase exporter and it allows for multiple materials.

However if your using id textures you can only use one material and one texture and one ambient occlusion map.
here is one tutorial there are others in the list
http://muvizu.com/Video/17248/Tutorial-06-Building-sets-Importing-3D-models

here http://muvizu.com/Tutorials

edited by urbanlamb on 17/10/2013
2013/10/16 18:10:08
problem with the timeline is this a bug then? perhaps it has to be reported.

maybe explain more and send the info to bugs@muvizu.com
2013/10/15 22:56:28
Audio limited and cut-off I have had a lot of issues with mp3 as well its unreliable and sometimes you can hear stuff and others times you can't. So yeah use .wav it probably will cure a few issues up
2013/10/15 0:39:47
A Sticky End stickman movies are actually pretty fun I used to do them a lot. Anyhow good luck to the competitors should be interesting Big Grin
2013/10/14 23:21:41
Newbie having trouble moving / directing object moving groups of objects is something on their list of things to do if i remember rightly at the moment you can actually. At the moment and unless something has changed since I last looked you can in fact now place someone in a vehicle and have him move with it. I dont know how the legs are going to work I know they have added a few animation subtleties we needed as well. To have someone move with a vehicle now you would have them basically wear the vehicle likely around the waist and adjust the weighting. I dont know how difficult it is I have not actually tried however I am familiar with the concept of wearing vehicles to make it appear as if your driving them. They still need to add a method to attach it to multiple characters this is not so easy :/

anyhow at the end of the day likely they will use the group method for that as well but for now you will have to animate the lights seperately and the engine as well. It can be done its just rather fiddly and difficult though and not the ideal way

the wearing a vehicle and moving with it i guess I should qualify this now it would be doable in play+ i am also running on the assumption that we can use the character movement system while the character is sitting and his legs will behave because its an idle action. I haven't tried it yet but I am just imagining it based on "them other softwares" and it seems like it should logically work if anyone has tried it maybe let us know if it works I haven't had time to test this "assumption" yet
edited by urbanlamb on 14/10/2013
2013/10/14 18:44:13
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) erm more words for me i am unsure in one case if i am looking at a bug or its just the way muvizu is going to work with fbx now i got this result regardless of how i imported the house into muvizu so its not a blender bug (not a big deal really) so here is this infos

so after making sure i wasn't messing something up no matter what axis i had facing up and forward once i added my own collision it imported sideways

but if you put in enough collision of course to have it decide which way to sit on the ground it will bounce around and land on the collision you have built in. If i use just a tiny cube as with the ASE settings it will end up sideways and I will have to mess around with it but i can get it to lay on the ground the right way by building in enough collision into the base to get it to fall that way. This peculiar but possibly intended? lol

and for use in blender unless i am missing clicking something I can't get the normal maps to import but I am assuming this is just a blender issue so i see no way around using some form of udk editor to finish the job. These are the settings i am getting by using blender only so its not bad the added spec maps etc dont seem to want to import correctly using blender unfortunately those will need to be added via another piece of software.

anyhow done fiddling i dont know if i can show anyone how to do this proficiently I will add to the wiki what settings to use unfortunately I can anticipate a lot of people getting upset because its not straight forward and so they will indeed need to learn how to model and understand materials and blender. I dont think this can be done mechanically without people getting lost in the process.
2013/10/14 18:09:12
Play+ How can I purchase the licence? hehe okay just trying to help.
2013/10/14 16:48:12
play+ fbx no collision? The wiki information assumes you know how to model but it does in fact give basic info on how to create a non collision model the video i gave you is the exact same process you will use regardless of fbx or ase its just you will click export using fbx for the next step. After that you need to run the fbx model through a udk editor

FBX is new to muvizu I just started working it out last night there is a way I wrote the info in the feedback thread and there is information starting to go into the wiki

here is what I found so far by working it out you will need to find yourself a UDK editor. If your using blender you can import with whatever configuration works 3ds, obj, fbx and configure from there. There is an extra step if your using the FBX abilities in muvizu unless you are not caring about the added benefits. After you put the collission cube in blender you need to run it through a udk editor. Myself I use the udk editor built into 3dexchange now they just added it but there are others out there including the free dev version. Tonight I will figure out the rest of it this ability was only released 2 days ago so its going to take us some time to figure it out

http://muvizu.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=3070&Page=4&MessageID=18760#post18760

I actually found the blender settings to do this without an intermediary udk editor now but its going to be awhile for information to filter through as the fbx ability is brand new but for now i will leave this info as is
edited by urbanlamb on 14/10/2013
2013/10/14 8:12:19
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
hi just noticed that the scrollbar on the materials/textures list on imported object appears to be missing there is a main scrollbar but I dont seem to be able to find the scrollbar anymore to scroll through the textures etc. in play + just noticed as i went to try to access something

Strange, it works for me.

yup got it working its not guestimate my screen area properly basicaly

okay i have finished playing with the fbx import into muvizuzu using a "from scratch house model" and its not bad really but its also not straight forward (unlike the ASE) in order to get all the materials to work you need to run it through a udk editor and I am finding the axis are not working correctly but possibly i am tired i just started farting with this starting at midnight anyhow ...

using "free stuff" here is the method someone else wrote it down so i am too lazy to rewrite it now I can't see any other way of getting the fbx to work unless you use a tool that well costs money so these instructions work http://krisredbeard.wordpress.com/tutorials/tutorial-blender-to-udk-player-model/ for those one a 0 dollar budget right now hehe.

what you need to do is build the model and place the collision box inside using blender and export in fbx as normally this is how you get the collision into the model then you edit the material layers in the udk editor and the udk editor will format it properly. the udk editor is free and available from unreal engine i use a commercial thingy or iclone 3d exchange now that they built in the unreal paramaters into that I see no point in keeping anything else up to date... anyhow um the udk editor works fine

so that is how its done the only thing is that when I add collision (not sure why i must have screwed something up but did this quickly) the thing formats in muvizu no matter what axis I choose for facing upwards as y axis up so my house its like sideway if i click the box to keep it upright hehe .. i dont know if this is a bug or not right now lol and since the file was just a quick test cause i am a very curious person I dont want to send it to muvizuzu yet.

anyhow i hope that helps I wont be able to do anything fancy in a video tutorial for another few days.. too much work

I know fazz is trying to figure out blender so i figured i would post this in case he gets more curious again

now is fazz brave enough to give that method a shot Big Grin

oh just adding i tried this with blender 2.69 I have no clue how this works in 2.68. The fbx importer indeed seemed to work in 2.69 so if you want to add collission to your models you import your fbx model add the collission box and then bring it into the udk editor to get the material stuff back the right way. (hopefully that makes sense) its just a lot of clicking and button pressing but I am used to that when it comes to adding bump maps and such.

erm here are the udk forums you can find more info's there
http://forums.epicgames.com/forums/372-UDK-General-Development?s=89a8415b60b3fb86968a93f278ec2e49

here is the udk editor page http://www.unrealengine.com/udk/

sincerely yours with extreme geekiness and love and hugz
"the old bag urbanlamb"
edited by urbanlamb on 17/10/2013
2013/10/14 6:21:37
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) hi just noticed that the scrollbar on the materials/textures list on imported object appears to be missing there is a main scrollbar but I dont seem to be able to find the scrollbar anymore to scroll through the textures etc. in play + just noticed as i went to try to access something
2013/10/14 6:18:43
Can i insert .dat files from other games to animat NO can't do anything with animations you can use mesh files import .fbx or .ase types
2013/10/14 1:45:50
file locked I dont know this is suspiciously starting to look like a hardware issue but they now have a support desk try here as well.

http://muvizu.com/Support

give them your pc specs or post them in this thread and give the link to this thread to the support thing so they can take a peak.
2013/10/14 0:20:57
Coming Soon... edward scissorhands

I am all busy so i am just spectating the halloweeny stuff this year
2013/10/14 0:01:59
Coming Soon... hehe looking good fazz. I am actually sitting watching the walking dead marathon today its actually been running all week but it started 24 hours in a row about noon yesterday. I guess everyone is getting ready for halloweeny
2013/10/13 22:51:45
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) mysto wrote:
chuckles wrote:
Seems like They've decided to charge £150 for something that still needs beta testers like me ? Are you well off people who can afford this, truly happy ?

I'm certainly not "well off" as you say but I did have a few dollars saved back for something like this. Am I truly happy with my purchase? Yes I am. I've been using Muvizu almost from day one and although I haven't posted any animations to the Muvizu site for quite awhile I am still using the program regularly.

It's worth the price to me to own the full commercial rights to the animations I create. The extra features are a nice bonus too.

I am no millionaire. I am a cheap so and so as a result of not being a millionaire but I have one vice and its pixels i dont drink, tv sucks, I dont smoke and I live in jeans and t-shirts most of the time so my "mad money" which is not that much really gets spent on this sorf of thing. I am soon to retire (all be it early) for health reasons but I suspect I will always be putting my money into this sort of thing. Before this I would spend my money on the concrete equivalent of paints, clay, plaster what evers. I always enjoyed drawing, painting and making something 3 dimensional so now i do it with pixels. As I get older its less messy then those other "old methods" i used in my 20's plus I dont need an entire basement of a house anymore I can do it in my office and i dont have to waste time cleaning up the mess every night
edited by urbanlamb on 13/10/2013
2013/10/13 21:38:45
play+ fbx no collision? You will need to edit collision there is a wiki info on this .

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/86/fbx-collision-and-geometry-guide

tis not hard even if you have like no real experience with blender you can learn the process to add collision mechanically In fact I created a video on collision for ASE already its basically the same thing only export with fbx instead here is the link to that I will be making a short video on fbx next week I just have to open up blender to do it as *cough* I dont actually use blender fbx abilities that often but I guess I might be starting soon. There is also an importer that works in the most recent form of blender. I can't vouch for its usability as I am still using 2.68 and i am reading its 2.69 that has this importer

here is the basics of collision in blender though fbx,ase doesn't matter tis the same thing at that level

turn on closed captioning to read what i am saying hehe - excuse the distortion i tried to clean the room echo it didnt work so well i have padding now to wrap around myself when i do a tutorial it gets rather toasty but it works
edited by urbanlamb on 13/10/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86