urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/11/1 16:15:54
Sticky end grats people

let us know what you got
2013/10/31 19:30:49
User survey winner! bigwally wrote:
I, on the other hand, would love to hear from the Muvizu staff more often. I think the Muvizu software is great fun, but not getting emails that supposedly are sent to everyone, puts a great damper on the fun. I hate to be "that guy", but what would one expect when they won't let me play any of the reindeer games?

check your profile bigwally? they updated the site and my button to not receive mails was clicked in by default I had to unclick it

I like to hear from muvizu too but I think to avoid spam complaints they checked them in when they updated the site
2013/10/31 18:00:20
All about Normal Maps One day I will make friends with the Wiki but for now I thought I would post this here

I found this tool as a result of watching a workshop on normal maps by blender foundation for the most part I have been using other tools (which cost money) to make my normal maps etc

anyhow this is free and interfaces with most of the popular 3d tools including blender and autodesk tools

http://www.xnormal.net

also for those curious on the "what is a normal map good for" info here is a video workshops its very informative but also very technical so it might bore some people

2013/10/31 17:26:27
Themes Hi there

Contests are fun but my issue with a lot of these contests is that the prizes are often better for beginners then the ones who would win the prize so I had an idea if there is some way we can name another participant or something if we win. I find its not a level playing field which is why i tend to hold back and not participate at times or deliberately shall we say underperform. The best contest we had was the one last christmas where we had to decipher a code as that was not based on who has the best pc and who had the most skill and possibly formal training in film making.

Another one is I noticed the last contest was based on likes youtube likes. If your unaware this can be gamed easily there are exchanges that you can sign up for trading likes among other things. (although this is against youtube tos its an issue of getting caught hehe )
2013/10/31 17:14:14
User survey winner! okay thanks I went and rooted around in my profile as well and saw a checkbox as well ticked in to not allow emails. I hadn't noticed this so that is probably why I didnt hear anything. For the most part I dont enter contests I dont need the stuff but I like to read the mailings anyhow I unticked the box it was of course ticked in by default.

thanks for the reply
2013/10/31 16:13:10
User survey winner! hrm i didnt get any emails i was on your mailing list but it seems i didnt get any surveys or emails

congrats to the winner though
edited by urbanlamb on 31/10/2013
2013/10/30 22:03:15
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) I am still making models for my next muvizu blockbuster if i keep going like this the bugs will be gone by the time i need to use it Big Grin.

although tthere were a couple of things I wanted to um "feedback" on i wont do it until i am at the animation stage of this next monstrosity i am attempting which it will be probably not so good cause of what type of action scenes are involved
2013/10/30 16:59:37
Navigation problems MrDrWho13 wrote:
For camera movement, you can change the sliders to change the speed of movement/rotation etc.

yes but that means they will actually move slower in the actual video the issue is reflexes if people want them to move that fast they are out of luck unless they have really really fast reflexes
2013/10/30 10:39:41
Navigation problems cameras are hard we all struggle with them. Its been suggested to change the camera system to respond to waypoints or something as well but not something that muvizu has had time to deal with yet. I am pretty sure I remember reading it was on their very long to do list to find some way to add a system of waypoints or something but I can't remember or perhaps it was just wishful thinking. Myself I can't get smooth movements often but it has in fact improved in their newer releases. Previous to the launch of muvizu play smooth camera movements were pretty much impossible now its an issue of fine motor control which many of us lack as we age.
2013/10/29 16:52:36
Various issues Yeah not sure i understand your graphic but this seems far too complicated for just something that just requires some clicking and dragging it also appears basically we are using both hands to do the work as we have to keep a button on a pad pressed (too much fine motor coordination and awkwardness). It doesnt need to be that complicated is all i am trying to say the info is there we just need to reveal it and move it around possibly delete a vowel.

If we need more vowels we can always put in an extra long sound clip to generate them at the end of our dialogue so that we have more to work with. Or if you want to get fancy click the vowel and bring up a menu containing the vowels and then click on the menu and replace the vowel with another one as its a finite unchanging set. I dont know what this automatic/manual is its not needed we simply would need to reveal the info as we do using the same filter system in place for everything else. The info in the system already exists and is generated for the dialogue line they just need to make it represented graphically.

and if muvizu wants to get really fancy while they are at it they can add tts option in the audio menu area with the record voice button or import audio clip button so that people can generate the info at that time, but really no matter how you slice it we should just need to turn on that line of info in the filter system below the soundfile and its there or not
edited by urbanlamb on 29/10/2013
2013/10/29 6:56:35
Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+) Dylly wrote:
After some late nights and a lot of experiments, remodelling & re-texturing I've finally got to grips with the power of the FBX...and I'm loving it!

Complete with diffuse/normal/glow maps & transparent objects!

thats very pretty dylly
2013/10/28 22:26:46
Various issues yes sort of but without having to go through recording those movements its not practical people just need to be able to move them around and alter what is already there after its generated
2013/10/28 21:42:08
Various issues It would just be a toggle in the timeline another line of information for muvizu to reveal. I dont even know if a picture is necessary it would simply be below the wavefile. Muvizu has created its own internal animations for the various mouth movements and generates a set of movements based on what it hears. It just needs to be graphically represented in the timeline is all below the wavefile as its already there (just like the wavefile info was already there) so its just a bunch of vowels and text that is dragged around. This goes back to cartoons the old fashioned way its simply been automated this is very shall we say "old school" stuff that was created by mr walt disney all those ages ago

anyhow we just need a way to change the movments that people use to this day in animation. So we would drag all those vowels to where we need em basically since this is an issue of misplaced vowels and consonants. That way people can mimic things which are hard to recognize in the system without muvizu making an entire animation around it. Whatever is done it should not force us into a fast and hard decision of doing all the work manually one movement at a time or doing it all automatically that is very rigid and unforgiving.

2013/10/28 20:57:33
Various issues MrDrWho13 wrote:
Part 1:

i dont think that manual is appropriate in any sense and i dont know why muvizu should create a second system on top of their existing system of recognition.

all they need to do is make the internal system already there visible and we can then edit it this means that people are still limited into completely automated or completely manual. All they need to do is add a toggle to turn on the data that already exists and allow us to change it. We either hide it or use it

Even if they added a TTS system there is not need for a truly manual operation let muvizu do its guessing and we simply edit that work that is how most softwares work why would we remove this automated ability? just turn it on in the timeline below the wavefile and allow us to edit that information by clicking on it and changing the mouth shape or dragging the existing shape to where we need it
edited by urbanlamb on 28/10/2013
2013/10/28 17:30:08
A Sticky End haha oh my that is pretty cute gave me a chuckle!
2013/10/28 17:03:16
Various issues MrDrWho13 wrote:
Perhaps the option to either have automatic lip sync or choose the mouth shape?

the best one I have seen is the system that does both. (iclone again) it does it automatically but generates the mouth shapes in a timeline below the sound clip. You then can go in into that line and clean it up to make it more accurate. I dont want a fully manual process this makes little sense the process should be automated to some degree regardless. Muvizu works on the same principle as its using the soundfile to choose something close to the shape it should be but it makes mistakes being a piece of software it isn't always right in deciding these things soo being able to edit this layer would be beneficial unfortunately I dont think this is "muvizu like" this is iclone like and I think other things are more needed then the odd missed sound in the track and want them to spend time on that and leave that on a todo list for when everything else is done for example improving the prop system they just introduced which from the feedback thread looks like its not actually working that well yet. Perhaps in the future they can add a track below the soundfile to reveal the information muvizu is already detecting and allowing us to tweek it, but this seems like something that would go into the pro paid version not the free version.
2013/10/25 23:32:37
Blender Conference - UI discussion lol they will change it I think dont worry. Yup i know who suggested the switch to thing. It was a suggestion made as i saw people repeatedly ask the same question though so just based on an observation I kind of just used it like that and said nothing until one day I decided to say something not for myself though but for others to get less confused Big Grin

Opensourced is more um "messy" because of how it plods along people pick it up work on it and then stop. Its actually pretty rare for an opensourced developer to earn a living from being head of development of such an enterprise but it does happen.

Muvizu could even build in the blender code if they so choose that is the beauty of open source. The down side is that it often goes in several directions at once. Blender was an obscure program that sat in a dark little filing cabinet on the internet for years. Some geeks became highly interested in it and so its grown by leaps and bounds actually. It was horribly unstable once upon a time.

I will use it anyhow I mean it cost 0.00 and I learn it in chunks and am used to it. I look at sketchup and actually find it can be just as bad as blender so i get confused by the comparison sometime when people start using addons and stuff I see screens with 50 buttons lined up on top. Surely that is just as bad. Big Grin

Anyhow dont think I have seen this discussion pick up as much steam as this time round though of course there is nothing to stop a company (any company) from pouring time and money into it and redistributing it with something else but this all costs money. This guy is at a crossroads and is from the younger blender generation he makes money off of blender and is trying to decide if he wants to keep pumping his time into it or not (and money) so he is in a very good position to push blender in the way he wants to see it go. We shall see if he is successful or not lol.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Proposals/Usability_Project

meanwhile we wait (some more)

here adding this after watching today (saw it yesterday but was too busy to stop and watch)

Here is the reality with blender its only started to come to the forefront of things in the last few years. Its improved in leaps and bounds in the last well since about 2.5 where it was given a new UI and it needs another one. Its not a trivial tool in fact its 3dsmax, after affects, zbrush, photoshop and a couple other things that I forget now all rolled into one. I am fascinated by stuff like this I want to see all it does and just am a giant sponge. I can recognize however that others just want something that does one thing. Blender is not that tool its a full featured 3d animation package at this point.

Redefining Blender Bcon2013

From Blender artists forums written by the lead dev
I tried to explain this in my talk and the discussion afterwards, but let me be a bit more concrete. We as the UI team lead are not going to do some call for general UI ideas. People are free to make mockups for whatever they like and we are of course going to keep the finger on the pulse there, but we can't respond to and discuss all of them.

What we will do is focused design work on topics that developers are already working on or are intending to work on, and some things which we consider important and realistic to get implemented in the near term (low hanging fruit). It's about facilitating developers that want to work in this area and getting the UI rolling as an active project, not establishing a full redesign when we realistically do not have the developers for that right now.

So what will happen in a few weeks is, we will have the new developer.blender.org website running, and we will have a number of design tasks there, for example:

* Review of the toolbar summer of code project design.
* Default configuration of LMB/RMB select, and what the mouse button mapping should be in general.
* Make new default screen layouts and given them good names.
* Developer: I added new feature X but can't think of a good name or description, please advise.

Then those design tasks are going to be open for anyone to contribute to, with the relevant developer and UI team lead involved to moderate things and make the final decision.

edited by urbanlamb on 27/10/2013
2013/10/25 22:29:45
terminator 2,5 import button it is create , import maybe in video is older but menu is create -> import wiki picture is old

looks like this

edited by urbanlamb on 25/10/2013
2013/10/25 22:17:46
terminator 2,5 roman197742 wrote:
Okay, thank you! then 1) the model just need to give color?
2) texture to put the Muvizu, right?

you put texture on any texture and can replace inside muvizu
2013/10/25 22:07:05
terminator 2,5 roman197742 wrote:
Please! Make a video how to properly import?

this is the video how to import from sketchup
http://muvizu.com/Video/17248/Tutorial-06-Building-sets-Importing-3D-models

you are using free version of muvizu. This video maybe a bit old interface is changing but no trial version only free and pro
free forever

also here is tutorial
http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/57/importing-to-muvizu-from-sketchup

edited by urbanlamb on 25/10/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86