urbanlamb - all messages by user

2013/11/14 17:51:04
FBX imports I'm about 99.999% sure that you can create the small collision cube needed even in sketchup and have it work. Just use the naming conventions set out in the wiki export it and run it through the converter it should all stay in place.
2013/11/14 17:47:47
Remove collision mesh in Maya you need to add your own collision mesh its actually pretty easy

create a cube or a few cubes and put it at the base of the object you made and then name them using the conventions set out in the wiki and export the mess. Dont join the cubes to the mesh let them sit loose.

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/86/fbx-collision-and-geometry-guide
2013/11/13 17:03:19
FBX imports you can export directly from blender to muvizu with no middle program if you like

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/106/fbx-scale-guidelines-scene-objects-vs-attachments

and here is a video on a quick and easy method of getting premade assets into muvizu from blender and how to add recognizable collision. Please note at the time this video was made there was a colission bug which is fixed now. If you export with y axis up and z forward it will work now 99.999% of the time (the fbx exporter in blender appears to have a bug that randomly asserts itself still ^^)

http://muvizu.com/Video/31664/How-to-use-Decimate-lower-Polygon-count-Impor

I dont know how people are doing it in sketchup I am allergic to sketchup but I do know that its dead easy to move stuff into muvizu from blender (as long as you know how ^^)
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2013
2013/11/13 5:58:12
[3dFoin] hot Female Archer - and November Sale (50 yeah this guy has pretty spam he has been by before.

He drops us some nice animeish stylized spam every 2 or 3 months
2013/11/12 19:02:41
Change the youtube comment system back! petitions dont work

In fact most companies expressly ignore them. Media and direct feedback complaints will work better. If you hate their system submit feedback directly to them telling them exactly what is wrong and why it needs to be fixed.

go to the bottom of the youtube homepage and click the help button and then click the send feedback button

They also wont be rolling it back you need to suggest how they can fix the present new system
2013/11/11 17:28:25
MUVIZU: PRO hehe yeah when i first loaded pro i was playing with imports and it allowed me (at the time) to import a skeleton into it however they disabled that feature about 24 hours later but the first thing i did was to poke around with the software to see what it seemed like it would do in future

I am one of those adventurous types who likes to look in all the 'dark places' and it carries over into online gaming and i used to regularly get my friends blown up by going "ohh look what does this button do" and press it

anyhow yeah they are slowly working on it. The way to survive in this industry now is to be compatible with everyone else. Unreal engine has its draws but its stripped down dev package is well unfun to use so if they can make that possible they will be fit as a viable option for just about anything and their software will become very popular

but they need to accept the plethora of assets out there and play well with others in the playground daz, reallussion are striving to become interchangable with all the engines out there this method works the walled garden concept is no more
edited by urbanlamb on 11/11/2013
2013/11/10 18:10:21
New Hat 'tis true I think I am coming closer to the recipe for being able to use muvizu (or any other machinima/real time engine platform out there) and its this

1 cup geek
1 cup artiste
1 cup filmmaker
3 cups patience

well something like that some people catch on faster then others whatever we do the one thing we need to be willing and able to do is sit down and learn and in some cases acquire new skills

If you enjoy artistic endeavours you will enjoy muvizu or any other software (for the most part ) if however you try to rush it wont ever happen and you will get frustrated and give up. Enjoy the journey it can be fun

*goes to make a few other basic muvizu play+ models for the gallery*

adding afterwards I can't believe I managed to type that and format it and put in punctuation and had time to do so.. today is a good day for posting and writing as the world allows it!
edited by urbanlamb on 10/11/2013
2013/11/6 23:41:57
Confused I dont know why it doesnt work hi i guess the wiki is not letting you read it anyhow as i said its advised not to use sketchup 8 the wiki had info on where to get the right sketchup that should work I think

http://google-sketchup.en.softonic.com/

scratch that i got the link from the html on the page here is the muvizu download link right click and click save link as and save to your pc

http://www.muvizu.com/download/muvizuaseexporter.rb

sketchup Exporter
edited by urbanlamb on 06/11/2013
2013/11/6 17:59:13
How can I get more stuff there are also premade things in our gallery

http://muvizu.com/GetAssets
2013/11/6 17:57:12
Help needed with sketch up to muvizu most people say to avoid sketchup the new on here is info about it in the wiki what to use and where to get it

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/57/importing-to-muvizu-from-sketchup
2013/11/5 16:45:45
Hello Muvizu Community hello and welcome

for the most part we are a nice group even we get cranky we are nice Big Grin
2013/11/4 23:04:33
uploading sets look for a file named .set in your pc
take a screenshot of the set and save the screenshot
click the pink upload button at the top of the website
and follow the directions to upload
2013/11/4 23:01:56
FBX yeah photobucket did something recently and I can no longer get them to show full sized images unfortunately. I guess the option now is flickr or whatever it is called.
2013/11/4 19:19:18
Make Muvizu objects available for download chuckles wrote:
Hi Dreeko
Been using and learning Sculptris today. Managed to get some models into Muvizu, but the PNG mapped files for textures painted in Sculptris, are not mapped onto the model. Have you managed this ?

scultpris models are not uv unwrapped and actually not meant for direct import into game engines. They are meant for creating a high polygon model which you then use as a template to create the low polygon game equivalent using a technique known as "retopology" after that you need to uvmap them.

Tl;dr version you might be able to get some models into muvizu but you will need to uvmap the texture before importing it as scuptris models were not meant for use in game engines
edited by urbanlamb on 04/11/2013
2013/11/4 1:36:31
Themes why funny?

just curious the rest i dont worry but I dont think everything should necessarily be a comedy my christmas stuff is usually more well christmasy. I tell a story or do a little song. So I guess because my videos might be creative I can't enter because they wont be funny

Also stay away from something like tickets to somethign or other it runs on the assumption the person is able to use them and even lives in the area. I would imagine most cinema tickets would be for things in and around england and scotland. I like to go to events but not that far :P
2013/11/2 22:01:12
FBX Grunge is fun to do I used to build entire slums sort of steam punk/grung style just for fun
2013/11/2 16:31:14
Make Muvizu objects available for download I would like a copy of each of their character models to use to fit things to, but

I dont know how well their muvizuized stuff would convert to regular versions with these maps on them due to the id texture method not being necessarily the best method of adding these maps to I would think in some instances we would need to unwrap them differently but I could be wrong I dont know how their internal objects are set up. Although I have noticed some texture detail (normal maps) on some objects even if its hidden from us. I dont know what sort of shape their models are in lol often routing through companies internal assets is sort of like assembling a jigsaw puzzle so it might be a lot of work for them to release objects

(sorry edited i left out the word character) I dont actually know if its worth the time to try to convert muvizu models and make maps for them to be honest its probably quicker and faster to create reasonable facsimile's as I dont know if they are already unwrapped in such a way as to make it a viable option.
2013/11/2 16:24:58
FBX haha flying duck muck syndrome

I am also what i call "a button pusher" and have always been that way I must take things appart or push all the buttons just to see what it will do and how it works. Regular bump maps I found its true do not work in muvizu they recognize normal maps but not bump maps I actually was playing with bump maps the other night but when I look at the wiki in fact they do not name bump maps as usable although in many cases they are interchangable with normal maps in some engines in the case of the unreal engine and muvizu the case seems to be no

I havent noticed the rest though it does for me seem to work but I haven't spent a lot of time on actual set building right now yet I am still in the modelling stage of my next blockbuster and have been taking more time then needed to build overly detailed items just because it pleases me

anyhow it looks good so far dylly there are going to be some idiosyncracies i am sure but in the end the added map layers bring a whole new level of awesome to sets and objects

Buddies
2013/11/1 18:03:35
Sticky end mmm lollys nice halloween haul indeed!
2013/11/1 16:20:40
Themes I am happy with everything just as long as muvizu is not judging by the "cinematic masterpiece" rule and only looking for fun ideas or just taking the entries and putting the names in a hat or whatever. My only issue is skill level some of us come in with lots of tools and abilities and others barely know how to use a pc

I just want a way to give prizes to others if i dont need em eg: mic I only have one mouth Big Grin

p.s. I didnt enter the stickman contest due to lack of time mostly
edited by urbanlamb on 01/11/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86