Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? My prize arrived!

the topic is closed
26/10/2010 12:05:39

Hermit
Hermit
Posts: 36
Yay!

As soon as the base unit arrived this morning, I decided to give myself a one day holiday just to mess about with it. This rig is exactly what I needed - A proper workstation that can do it's job And if mysto's reading this, yours is similar and just wait until you get it - It's a monster! LOL

I am most contented

*cough" shame there was no monitor with it, though *cough*

What? Quiet
permalink
26/10/2010 12:40:42

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Posts: 346
Congratulations!

Hope you enjoy your prize and that you make some rockin Muvizu vids with it!

As for the monitor...*cough* some people are never happy *cough* I'm sure you can pick one up somewhere!


edited by Emily on 10/26/2010
permalink
26/10/2010 12:45:41

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
Congratulations
permalink
26/10/2010 12:53:03

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Posts: 698
Nice one! Have fun
permalink
26/10/2010 19:24:14

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Posts: 471
Hermit wrote:
Yay!

As soon as the base unit arrived this morning, I decided to give myself a one day holiday just to mess about with it. This rig is exactly what I needed - A proper workstation that can do it's job And if mysto's reading this, yours is similar and just wait until you get it - It's a monster! LOL

I am most contented

*cough" shame there was no monitor with it, though *cough*

What? Quiet



I have a monitor sitting here waiting for my monster to arrive. Congratulations Hermit! Enjoy your holiday! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.
edited by mysto on 10/26/2010
permalink
26/10/2010 19:24:45

pyrrho
pyrrho
Posts: 123
Hermit wrote:
shame there was no monitor with it, though


Yes, but we did the best that we could. We figured that WS kit is about hardware grunt where it counts. The business end of it, we could be fairly sure, would be better than what most entrants would have. Monitors, though, are another question.

It's always tricky to spec prizes, but next time - not for the expo comp, which is being handled by the expo people - we may choose to give people a budget to spend with Workstation Specialists. That way, they can customise.

So sorry to have disappointed you.

Oh, and while I'm at it, "its" does not take the possessive.
edited by pyrrho on 10/26/2010
permalink
26/10/2010 23:49:24

Hermit
Hermit
Posts: 36
Thing is, even if the prize had been a budget, I would've customised it the way it is now. It purrs along like a kitten with a fresh bowl of milk! Quality product

"pyrrho" wrote:
Oh, and while I'm at it, "its" does not take the possessive.


Whaaaaa? Okay, I want you to imagine something...Imagine me sat right next to you whilst you work, looking at you in an unblinking stare and pointing at you at the same time. This I'm doing all day long, relentlessly! LOL!

I'm alright with the monitor I've got, actually
permalink
27/10/2010 09:11:18

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Hermit wrote:
I'm alright with the monitor I've got, actually



I'm sure everyone at Muvizu breathed a massive sigh of relief at this news.

Hmmnn.....




cheers

D
edited by Dreeko on 10/27/2010
permalink
27/10/2010 09:33:10

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Posts: 698
I was thinking about sending an old CRT for a laugh but the postage would have probably been about a month's pay
permalink
27/10/2010 10:38:11

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
glasgowjim wrote:
I was thinking about sending an old CRT for a laugh but the postage would have probably been about a month's pay

3 peanuts to post a huge CRT monitor? That's pretty good actually.
permalink
27/10/2010 10:53:05

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Posts: 698
Hey! Don't sell me short - I actually get a pack of M&S chocolate covered brazil nuts!
permalink
27/10/2010 11:25:47

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
I demand a raise!
permalink
27/10/2010 12:12:15

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Posts: 698
I demand a Shrubbery!
permalink
27/10/2010 16:58:06

Hermit
Hermit
Posts: 36
The people at Muvizu are revolting

Complete the effect by getting some placards made, and have one of you wear a badly ironed shirt, with a crooked tie, making a series of demands through a cheap megaphone with bad feedback. Use suffixes like "-ism" and "-ist" on words to make it sound intelligent
permalink
27/10/2010 17:46:10

pyrrho
pyrrho
Posts: 123
Hermit wrote:
Thing is, even if the prize had been a budget, I would've customised it the way it is now. It purrs along like a kitten with a fresh bowl of milk! Quality product

"pyrrho" wrote:
Oh, and while I'm at it, "its" does not take the possessive.


Whaaaaa? Okay, I want you to imagine something...Imagine me sat right next to you whilst you work, looking at you in an unblinking stare and pointing at you at the same time. This I'm doing all day long, relentlessly! LOL!

I'm alright with the monitor I've got, actually


So happy to hear that you are all right, two words - make an effort, old boy - with your monitor crisis.

As far as imagining what you suggested, what a fantastic idea. I already pay someone to do just that, so if you'd oblige, I'll sack them and save money which I may then spend on competition prizes for the fussier people in this world.

See? We really do rely on user feedback to inform our decisions. Can't wait to go to bed tonight. I've so much imagining to do. Suppose a picture is out of the question?

x
edited by pyrrho on 10/27/2010
permalink
27/10/2010 18:31:05

StoneheadExperimental user
Stonehead
Posts: 55
Brick Wall
permalink
27/10/2010 23:23:18

Hermit
Hermit
Posts: 36
pyrrho wrote:
two words - make an effort, old boy - with your monitor crisis.


That's nine words

pyrrho wrote:
Suppose a picture is out of the question?


Alright then:

I chose The Lady of Shallot by J W Waterhouse, as it's a good example of pre-raphaelite painting.

permalink
28/10/2010 08:08:09

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
What a shame this has descended to this.
Hermit, I am sure you are not ungrateful for the prize you have received but please just accept your initial response could have been perceived that way. You cannot really blame the Muvizu team for their reaction. It is a fantastic prize, especially because the software and competition entry were free and the software does much of the work for us!
Also a number of people who didn't win anything were very quick to offer their praise and congratulations. Mysto was decent enough to reciprocate but we have had nothing from you.

This is a very close community involving users and developers who are all very supportive to which you have contributed positively in the past.

Let's have a bit of thanks and humility and this can all be put to bed.

Toonarama
permalink
28/10/2010 18:26:54

Hermit
Hermit
Posts: 36
A pretty high horse you've got there, toonarama!

But as Neil and glasgowjim quickly sussed, I was just having a laugh
permalink
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? My prize arrived!