Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Where Do Babies Come From (First Muvizu Video)

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
09/03/2017 22:45:36

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
It took a few weeks, but I made my first full length video! (used one of the stock scenes as I am still learning)

Let me know what you think! Any feedback and tips are greatly appreciated
permalink
10/03/2017 12:58:49

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
congratulations on the completion of your first Muvizu video, Th3betacat! It was a little bit goofy, but I think that was by design, so "mission accomplished" ;-)

You used lots of interesting techniques in your first video.... I liked the way you incorporated the screen capture of the search for where cat babies come from. And I also thought that it was a logical and funny conclusion since you had already established that character's affinity for cats, and his cluelessness.

No shame in using stock scenes.. we all do it! Why reinvent the living room when there's already one available?

OK, you mentioned the time it took to make this video.... probably about a week of work for every minute of final output. (4 weeks > 4 minutes). At this point you might be thinking that with practice you can get that ratio down.

But in my opinion, that's the wrong goal. ... your goal is to keep having fun with Muvizu, and don't worry about how long it takes to get the story and quality you want. In the final analysis, people won't know if your video was created quickly, they'll only know if it's good or if it sucks. Taking whatever time is necessary to make it good is the approach that will make this hobby satisfying.

Congratulations on overcoming all of the learning curves that are necessary to complete a story in Muvizu! I look forward to seeing more work from you!

--------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 10/03/2017
permalink
10/03/2017 13:05:25

comictude
comictude
Posts: 32
That was very entertaining. Good job. The way you used the camera cuts and some of the emotions was creative.
permalink
10/03/2017 13:22:44

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
PatMarrNC wrote:
congratulations on the completion of your first Muvizu video, Th3betacat! It was a little bit goofy, but I think that was by design, so "mission accomplished" ;-)


Congratulations on overcoming all of the learning curves that are necessary to complete a story in Muvizu! I look forward to seeing more work from you!

--------------------------
edited by PatMarrNC on 10/03/2017



Thank you so much for the feedback
permalink
10/03/2017 13:23:04

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
comictude wrote:
That was very entertaining. Good job. The way you used the camera cuts and some of the emotions was creative.



Thank you very much! I'm having a lot of fun with Muvizu!!
permalink
10/03/2017 13:28:02

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
Nice animation for a first! I notice you have knowlege about camera techniques. What I miss though is lights and shadows. You should turn off the ambient light and set the shadow to realistic or custom and put in some lights. It gives much more depth to your movies.
permalink
10/03/2017 13:49:10

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
ikes wrote:
Nice animation for a first! I notice you have knowlege about camera techniques. What I miss though is lights and shadows. You should turn off the ambient light and set the shadow to realistic or custom and put in some lights. It gives much more depth to your movies.



Thank you for the advice! Any tutorials or possible area of the site you can direct me to to learn about those features? I did try looking through when creating this first episode, but I must have missed it!

I actually worked with some video and film making when I was younger, glad to hear that I still kept some of my skills!
permalink
10/03/2017 14:10:20

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
th3betacat wrote:
Any tutorials or possible area of the site you can direct me to to learn about those features?


Hi, there are no tutorials on lighting I believe. But if you right click in your scene and select "edit environment" you get a popup screen.



Then turn down the upper and lower brightness and set the shadow mode to Realistic (or custom for more tweaking)
Create lights and position them in your scene to light your objects.
You can turn off shadows of individual lights to reduce the amount of different shadows.
edited by ikes on 10/03/2017
permalink
10/03/2017 14:20:47

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
ikes wrote:
th3betacat wrote:
Any tutorials or possible area of the site you can direct me to to learn about those features?


Hi, there are no tutorials on lighting I believe. But if you right click in your scene and select "edit environment" you get a popup screen.



Then turn down the upper and lower brightness and set the shadow mode to Realistic (or custom for more tweaking)
Create lights and position them in your scene to light your objects.
You can turn off shadows of individual lights to reduce the amount of different shadows.
edited by ikes on 10/03/2017


You are the greatest! Thank you so much. I'll definitely be putting this to use in the next episode!
permalink
10/03/2017 14:43:05

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
here is a tutorial on lighting that isn't part of the standard Muvizu set.. it was created by a user:

permalink
10/03/2017 14:57:59

th3betacat
th3betacat
Posts: 8
PatMarrNC wrote:
here is a tutorial on lighting that isn't part of the standard Muvizu set.. it was created by a user:



Th Muvizu community is amazing! Such helpful and kind fellows!
permalink
10/03/2017 15:30:24

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
I forgot to say, If your system has to work harder with the lighting settings, you can select unlit mode (or F12) when building up your set.
permalink
16/03/2017 20:24:32

fzr999
fzr999
Posts: 5
As a new user the community, guys that was awesome!!! The timing.. WOW! Without micro controls like other software has, I find it hard to get the timing just right.. you guys were spot on. I really enjoyed seeing another well done depiction of what my own creations can become. Thanks!
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Where Do Babies Come From (First Muvizu Video)