Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
12/11/2016 20:43:32

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
Posts: 115
ikes wrote:
Hi,

As Pat was saying, you can use the abstract primitive shapes from muvizu to texture them as buildings. Too bad they only have one texture slot for all sides, so I've made some primitive shapes with different slots for all sides, since not everyone is able to model and import shapes. I made every shape in three sizes, the biggest ones can be scaled to the size of a house. Will be in the store this week for free download.



Simple and funcional.
Have they any UV map or not ?; if not, they will need seamless textures for sure !
permalink
12/11/2016 20:56:26

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
Rodrisilva wrote:

Simple and funcional.
Have they any UV map or not ?; if not, they will need seamless textures for sure !


Thanks,

They don't have an UV map. Every side is its own texture, but I get what you mean to fit the corners
permalink
13/11/2016 02:15:01

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
I like the way you think, Ikes! Great idea!
permalink
13/11/2016 13:50:10

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
PatMarrNC wrote:
I like the way you think, Ikes! Great idea!


Thanks!

I've also made some shapes with UV maps, so you can choose what's easiest to use.
Should also be in the store this week for free.
permalink
13/11/2016 14:00:02

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
don't forget to add collision to the blocks and provide the UVMaps so people can edit them !
permalink
13/11/2016 14:11:38

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
PatMarrNC wrote:
don't forget to add collision to the blocks and provide the UVMaps so people can edit them !


Collision is working accordingly by itself. I didn't add it. The shapes are textured like in the example, so you can just edit them from within muvizu with the edit button.
permalink
13/11/2016 14:39:17

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
tonyob67 wrote:
Can we change the stores name?


Muvizu has its own 3D alphabet, so the easy path here would be to do one of the following:

1) omit the KACY'S sign altogether and let users make their own name from Muvizu's 3D alphabet

2) put the name on a texture that users can swap with whatever name they want

3) put a backdrop in front of the existing name, and put whatever graphic you want on the backdrop
permalink
13/11/2016 18:00:03

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Posts: 651
ikes wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
I like the way you think, Ikes! Great idea!


Thanks!

I've also made some shapes with UV maps, so you can choose what's easiest to use.
Should also be in the store this week for free.

Those look great ikes and a good idea, but the problem that I have and I'm sure others as well is with importing objects with textures that have transparency, Like the idea of the Kacy's store with the shopping window, one or two has request that idea so I try to accommodate with these ideas, but no matter how many times I have try to make this work the only format to use is fbx when importing, unless you have a fix that works please share I'm open for any ideas that could help, so until there is a solution to this the only option is Pat's idea of using the muvizu 3D alphabet and then group them together, but the second option he had mentioned is the texture option, but then it omits the transparency and does away with the ability to see through the window so that doesn't work, the third idea he had with a backdrop for the name texture would work to, I use paint.net when I use that method, there is also another way that could be used which is making the object in ase format without the window and then making the window a separate object in fbx format to obtain it's transparency and then grouping them together.
edited by clayster2012 on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 19:00:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
I did some experimenting with ASE transparency in the week just before Ikes helped me figure out how to get transparency working in FBX files. There are definitely applications in which transparency in ASE is the way to go, such as creating foliage for a tree using a single sheet mesh with a single texture applied to it, part of which is alpha.

My take-away from the experiments was that with ASE the transparent and opaque parts need to be in the same texture (not separate textures) and it needs to be loaded into Muvizu as ALPHA MASK.

My test was to UVMap a square block and paint each side with a different color (like Ikes did)... but on some sides I included shapes that were transparent (like a circle or the whole side) and I seem to recall that worked, as long as there was a double-sided surface.

Best result was achieved by putting a box inside a box, with normals reversed on the inside box so that when you looked thru the window into the block you couldn't see all the way thru.
permalink
13/11/2016 19:10:43

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Posts: 651
Hmm..good ideas,so was any of these methods useful, if so what software did you use pat,any ideas would be of great help!
edited by clayster2012 on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 19:11:03

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
in fbx you simply seperate the parts you want to be transparency by putting them on a different material.

models meshs are just the framework.. you then add materials and the materials hold the properties of the object if you have parts of the object that require different properties then others (such as a light or window) you add a second material layer

you then uvmap all the material layers and texture accordingly place the parts of your uvmap requiring one set of properties on one material layer and the other parts of your uvmap onto the other material layer having the other properties.

The only place FBX is not practical (inside muvizu only) is with trees (although I have made other objects in ASE that are not trees, but you run into something called an alpha sorting bug which is characteristic of using alpha masks which is one reason why fbx was invented in the way it was to avoid the alpha sort issues). Anyhow in muvizu you really have no choice but to make trees using ase because for whatever reason -which I never bothered to decide if it was native to unreal 3 or something that muvizu just decided on- alpha masking is not recognized which is kinda wierd, but luckily they allow ase still for trees.

Anyhow the long and the short of it is yes you can put alpha into an fbx object without resorting to trickery and more mesh and flipping it inside out (mesh is one sided ) by adding more material layers.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 19:15:08

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
Posts: 767
urbanlamb wrote:
in fbx you simply seperate the parts you want to be transparency by putting them on a different material.

models meshs are just the framework.. you then add materials and the materials hold the properties of the object if you have parts of the object that require different properties then others (such as a light or window) you add a second material layer

you then uvmap all the material layers and texture accordingly place the parts of your uvmap requiring one set of properties on one material layer and the other parts of your uvmap onto the other material layer having the other properties)

The only place FBX is not practical (inside muvizu only) is with trees (although I have made other objects in ASE that are not trees, but you run into something called an alpha sorting bug which is characteristic of using alpha masks which is one reason why fbx was invented in the way it was to avoid the alpha sort issues). Anyhow in muvizu you really have no choice but to make trees using ase because for whatever reason -which I never bothered to decide if it was native to unreal 3 or something that muvizu just decided on- alpha masking is not recognized which is kinda wierd, but luckily they allow ase still for trees.

Anyhow the long and the short of it is yes you can put alpha into an fbx object without resorting to trickery and more mesh and flipping it inside out (mesh is one sided) by adding more material layers.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016



^^^what she said...
edited by fazz68 on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 19:24:59

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Posts: 651
So far the only useful ways was Pat's idea of a backdrop with texture then place it on the building, also applied one on a truck object then grouped it together like so.

permalink
13/11/2016 19:29:14

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
clayster2012 wrote:
So far the only useful ways was Pat's idea of a backdrop with texture then place it on the building, also applied one on a truck object then grouped it together like so.



you could uvmap the truck and apply two materials to it so people can change the sign. I thought you were modelling this stuff? then you could uvmap the cube to add a layer so people can just add the texture to the truck and then the truck could move.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 19:51:24

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Posts: 651
urbanlamb wrote:
clayster2012 wrote:
So far the only useful ways was Pat's idea of a backdrop with texture then place it on the building, also applied one on a truck object then grouped it together like so.



you could uvmap the truck and apply two materials to it so people can change the sign. I thought you were modelling this stuff? then you could uvmap the cube to add a layer so people can just add the texture to the truck and then the truck could move.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016


I am modeling this stuff! and I didn't use a cube, the box is apart of the truck, my concern is transparent windows.
permalink
13/11/2016 19:55:10

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
I am modeling this stuff! and I didn't use a cube, the box is apart of the truck, my concern is transparent windows.



okay so you put 3 materials on the truck

1 for the windows
1 for the sign
1 for the rest

I am confused as to why you would say that the only option is to put a sign on the side like that and group it. Then your stuck with a truck that can't move ?
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016
permalink
13/11/2016 20:05:50

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Posts: 651
Well I didn't realize that it couldn't move, never use group before until now, it was just an idea I thought would work until I tried it so sorry for the confusion, so your saying use a texture for each part of the truck, I think someone tried that and got a scrambled result and couldn't even move it around, I was going to try it that way but wasn't for sure if the same thing would happen to me, muvizu works differently then all the other stuff I'm used to.
permalink
13/11/2016 20:41:49

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Posts: 287
With ase set to opacity mask and double sided you can use a transparent PNG UV-map. With the fbx models it becomes black. I don't think you can do this with fbx.

permalink
13/11/2016 20:57:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
Nope can't use opacity mask with fbx only the ASE.

With FBX you use material layers


I said this above.
edited by urbanlamb on 13/11/2016
permalink
14/11/2016 00:16:29

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
thanks, Ikes... your LOGO cubicle with UVMapped surfaces and PNG transparency demonstrated exactly what I was trying to describe
permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Coming to soon to the Muvizu store