Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Difficult to align objects

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/10/2012 14:16:03

guarib
guarib
Posts: 15
I have very difficult to align objects, specially when building sets. I can't make a straight line of walls, something always are out of the line. What is the secret for a symmetric set? Can we have a tutorial about that?
permalink
20/10/2012 14:42:42

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
guarib wrote:
I have very difficult to align objects, specially when building sets. I can't make a straight line of walls, something always are out of the line. What is the secret for a symmetric set? Can we have a tutorial about that?


This may help
permalink
20/10/2012 14:57:00

guarib
guarib
Posts: 15
Yeah! Thank you a lot! This should be in the oficials tutorials!
permalink
20/10/2012 16:58:25

gimmick
gimmick
Posts: 179
You could also use a chessboard as a temporary texture for the floor.
permalink
20/10/2012 18:51:56

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
Try turning on 'Snapping' from the Tools menu - this locks everything to a fixed system, so that they all line up when rotated.
permalink
20/10/2012 19:08:06

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
ziggy72 wrote:
Try turning on 'Snapping' from the Tools menu - this locks everything to a fixed system, so that they all line up when rotated.



Snapping can be handy but it's so clunky that it just annoys the life out of me!
permalink
20/10/2012 20:00:34

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Posts: 494
gimmick wrote:
You could also use a chessboard as a temporary texture for the floor.


I made this a while back, it helps a lot......

http://www.muvizu.com/Texture/20610/Set-Layout-Grid
permalink
20/10/2012 22:48:15

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Great tool! I missed this one first time round.
permalink
22/10/2014 16:28:39

mooveezoo
mooveezoo
Posts: 5
Dreeko wrote:
guarib wrote:
I have very difficult to align objects, specially when building sets. I can't make a straight line of walls, something always are out of the line. What is the secret for a symmetric set? Can we have a tutorial about that?


This may help
permalink
22/10/2014 16:29:33

mooveezoo
mooveezoo
Posts: 5
Dreeko wrote:
guarib wrote:
I have very difficult to align objects, specially when building sets. I can't make a straight line of walls, something always are out of the line. What is the secret for a symmetric set? Can we have a tutorial about that?


This may help
permalink
22/10/2014 16:34:34

mooveezoo
mooveezoo
Posts: 5
I would like to view Dreeko's movie but can't as it is 'Private'. Is there anyway that I can get to see it please?
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Difficult to align objects