clayster2012 - all messages by user

2017/10/15 8:38:09
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu Hey everyone, glad to see site back up, I know its been a while since I posted this video, part 2 still lingers on my hard drive but with work keeping me really busy I just hadn't had time to work on it in a while, but there seems to be some free time coming my way when they get all of the new employees trained lol, then maybe I can do some more work on it!
2017/5/24 16:26:03
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu theotherguy wrote:
Very good, and elaborate, direction and camera. I could only hope to be anywhere near as proficient! Bravo!

Thanks theotherguy I'm glad you liked it!
2017/5/23 21:34:22
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu ritsmer wrote:
How impressive to see what can be done when creating new sets and props and whatever the director wants is not an issue when one has got graphic skills as Clayster has.

The temple is simply awesome.

Whenever I make a Muvizu project I have to be content with the existing sets and things and most often the story must be changed to what is possible with the available stuff.
Don't get me wrong, however - making any project is always fun.

Therefore I very much appreciate all the great "stuff" made available by the graphics wizards in this forum - and from the Muvizu developers too. Thank you!

Looking forward to the next part of Indy's quest for the mystic Mr. Clayster ...

Thanks for those kind words ritsmer, I'm sure you will see the rest soon!
2017/5/23 21:32:43
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu PatMarrNC wrote:
ritsmer wrote:
How impressive to see what can be done when creating new sets and props and whatever the director wants is not an issue when one has got graphic skills as Clayster has.

The temple is simply awesome..

yeah, Clayster's sets and attachments always capture the perfect look for his videos. I'd like to see a "dream team" of Muvizu creators band together to bring all the best skills to one project. There are so many hats that need to be worn that it is hard for one person to do everything

Count me In!
2017/5/23 21:31:12
Amissimal wrote:
Impressive, but I notice a lot of noise in the audio...

That's true, Clay. Your videos are awesome in every way except sound quality. Whatever mic you are using has problems. There are some good USB mics that don't cost a lot... search for SNOWBALL USB ... I've seen them for as little as $39, but you can buy them at many online stores for under $100

The main things to keep in mind when recording sound:

1) minimize room reflection with blankets or wall treatment (that's why radio stations and recording studios have acoustic foam on the walls). Failure to do this will almost certainly introduce a reverb-like attribute that can't be removed. It sounds like the speaker is in a barrel

2) High background hiss can come from poor mic quality, but it can also come from recording at too low a volume, then boosting the volume later (which also amplifies the hiss). When recording dialog, you can judge the quality of your signal by the graphical image of the WAV. It should fill about 80% of the area it fits in, but it should never get so large that the top and bottom flatten out. That's called CLIPPING, and once it happens, the sound will be distorted and can't be fixed.

A good full-formed WAV recorded with a hiss-free mic should generate dialog free from background noise.

well pat the reverb-like is because I was trying to mimic the sound of being in a cave to give that tomb like sound, but my mic was in bad shape thanks to my dog, I think that's why you hear hissing, but I should have my new mic come in in a few days, so the next part will be better i hope, Ill try some of those tips pat thanks!
2017/5/23 17:12:42
Amissimal wrote:
Impressive, but I notice a lot of noise in the audio...

That's true, Clay. Your videos are awesome in every way except sound quality. Whatever mic you are using has problems. There are some good USB mics that don't cost a lot... search for SNOWBALL USB ... I've seen them for as little as $39, but you can buy them at many online stores for under $100

The main things to keep in mind when recording sound:

1) minimize room reflection with blankets or wall treatment (that's why radio stations and recording studios have acoustic foam on the walls). Failure to do this will almost certainly introduce a reverb-like attribute that can't be removed. It sounds like the speaker is in a barrel

2) High background hiss can come from poor mic quality, but it can also come from recording at too low a volume, then boosting the volume later (which also amplifies the hiss). When recording dialog, you can judge the quality of your signal by the graphical image of the WAV. It should fill about 80% of the area it fits in, but it should never get so large that the top and bottom flatten out. That's called CLIPPING, and once it happens, the sound will be distorted and can't be fixed.

A good full-formed WAV recorded with a hiss-free mic should generate dialog free from background noise.

Yea sorry for the bad audio, when you have dogs and they like to chew things and I forget that they do, stupid me leaves wires laying around and he chews my good mice wires, i ordered a new mic from Amazon so part two will have better audio, and I will redo the recording for part two, I would of waited until the new mic came in, but my sister who played The spirit guard of Zu with the riddle was so cant wait to get it started so I took a chance, and its been a while since I made a video, so part two will have better Audio!
edited by clayster2012 on 23/05/2017
2017/5/23 4:00:52
love the sets, Clayster! You've done a very good job of building a place and not just a set. I look forward to seeing how this story develops!

Thanks pat glad you liked it, I have built 9 set for this project so for and may make a few more, the hardest was the Temple!
2017/5/22 19:11:42
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu Part two will be out in a couple of weeks, my job only gives me a few hours after I get off!
2017/5/22 18:27:40
Indy Jones and the Temple of Zu Here's a new video, it has three parts to it because Im making it way too big..lol! anyways I'm trying out new tricks so I hope you enjoy!

2017/4/25 20:19:18
Digimania has gone into administration Rodrisilva wrote:
zuijlen wrote:

Let me say first of all that I was shocked to learn about Muvizu, and that I'm sorry for the Muvizu users. Muvizu wasn't for me, but I always considered it a sympathetic product. Hopefully a buyer can be found and so that the product will continue.

So while I understand you are upset, why trash other products? iClone users like myself have feelings too. In the hands of a talented person iClone is very capable and it is continuously improving, but it's different from Muvizu, which is only a good thing. I don't believe in animation having to look a particular way. Diversity is the key.
edited by zuijlen on 25/04/2017

I'm not good at fights over primacy. You do not know me well enough to understand the extent of my words. If I want and I can spend time in animation I would never choose any of the programs under discussion. I would choose those the professionals use. And yes I am capable of doing it. As an amateur my time is limited so I use the tools that guarantee me better efficiency. Iclone is certainly very good. Animating avatars so similar to humans is no easy task and requires hardware features that most users do not have. Otherwise what you see is the ice faces of most Iclone videos on internet. Show me one that not suffer from that disease. A cartoon is always a cartoon. In my opinion most fun and funny. If I want to make an animated film with humans, I choose real humans. Iclone is a good business tool. You buy it and keep buying an amount of packs to complete it. Meanwhile in this frenzy of improvements the user deviate from his goal and the fever is to acquire a better machine, or another pack but none of this substantially improves the speed with which animation is produced.
I respect all forms of animation. I love the originals. In fact none of them are usually made with these programs including Muvizu itself.

Right on Rodrisilva nicely said!
edited by clayster2012 on 25/04/2017
2017/4/25 15:00:01
New sets ritsmer wrote:
Overwhelming !

So many details.

Plenty of scenery for many, many stories.

Thank you so much for sharing it.

Your welcome, keep using muvizu!
2017/4/25 14:52:46
New sets comictude wrote:
Thanks, clayster. Love that dungeon set.

Glad you like you it, there will be more so please keep using muvizu!
2017/4/25 14:50:11
New sets mindiflyth wrote:
Stuff like this makes me think about all the time, money, effort and creativity people have put into this program over the years. I hope Muvizu can continue somehow. It would be such a shame for all of this to just vanish away!

Lets not give up hope just yet, they are working on finding a buyer to continue muvizu,like pat said, they bought a new domain so hopefully thats a start!
2017/4/25 14:39:01
New sets Witchy wrote:
Hi clayster, just one question. Is there supposed to be a set file for the space station. There doesn't appear to be one in the download

Im afraid not, I didnt name the folder when I was creating the set, I always make folder to put my models in and I put it on my desktop, thing of it is i was kind of messy and left unnamed folders all about my desktop,so I usually do that for unimportant files to delete when Im finished with them, so I accidentally deleted the file for all of the Space Station and didnt realize it until it was too late,sorry!
2017/4/25 5:21:30
New sets Your more then welcome!
2017/4/25 4:11:39
Oculus VR experience expansion pack launched! Just chat with me on facebook messenger and Ill guide you through it!
2017/4/25 4:07:24
Oculus VR experience expansion pack launched! PatMarrNC wrote:
has anybody here tried using Muvizu with an oculus rift? If so, please chime in with any ideas or tips on how to use it. My son bought me one for my birthday

Hey buddy, I been using it for a while with muvizu, remember the test video i posted on my profile page, I can show you but first do you know what version you got, there's three, The Dk1 and Dk2, they the old developers kit, the Cv1 is the consumers version,it has the earphones built on!
2017/4/24 18:33:45
New sets drewi wrote:
Beautiful work and great fun Clayster, i am humbled by your creativity and generosity.

Thanks drewi!
2017/4/24 18:20:48
New sets Your most welcome guys!
2017/4/24 17:21:19
New sets These sets are set up like stages, The Dungeon Pit has a back side for another scene, the Space Station Has a back and left side with a few other room, and in Stone Valley it has a Cave on the left, and for the houses, they have openings on one side, it helps for better getting to the Characters a lot easier!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29