Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? The eyes have it

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
08/10/2010 16:49:29

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
I was wondering if the animate eyes option could be adjusted so that the pupils of the eyes actually go all the way from one side to the other on the models instead of a kind of midway point. I was playing around with this feature today and the effect was so minimal as to make it not worth the bother which is a shame. Also the slider for closing the eyelids, could this be altered so that it goes from fully open to fully closed

is this possible?

Cheers!

D

PS: I feel pretty bad asking for changes now that i have a more rounded appreciation of the difficulties and efforts required to bring us this cracking piece of software bow ........but you'll notice that it hasn't stopped me , Wiggle
permalink
08/10/2010 19:05:04

pyrrho
pyrrho
Posts: 123
Oh, Dreeko, I'll be buying fireworks and a ticket to East Kilbride when I return from the Raindance fest!

You'll get the drinks in next time, mate
permalink
08/10/2010 19:52:12

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
pyrrho wrote:
Oh, Dreeko, I'll be buying fireworks and a ticket to East Kilbride when I return from the Raindance fest!

You'll get the drinks in next time, mate


Lol , You'll be easy to spot. Rocket in one hand, long island ice tea in the other! (the natives prefer buckfast in these parts)

and dont worry I'll get them in no probs Toast


Cheers and enjoy the festival!

D

PS: Sorry to everyone for posting yet another feature request/alteration I just cant help myself! I think of something and before I know it, i've posted it on the forum...

need to get myself a box of self control...Blush
edited by Dreeko on 10/8/2010
permalink
03/02/2011 20:49:23

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
This seems like the place to suggest this - could we have a checkbox option on the eyes animator to disable blinking. It's a pain when I'm trying to get eyelines right and the buggers keep blinking and I can't see what I'm doing. I know, I know, you can turn off the blink routine in the character properties, but then I forget to turn it back on again and I get annoyed and so on and so on... It would be a nice shortcut to be able to disable blinking there, and then enable it again in the same place after you're done animating the eyes.
permalink
03/02/2011 21:01:38

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
Not a bad idea. I'll have a chat with the man who controls the blinking tomorrow and see if he'll let me.
permalink
05/02/2011 21:35:44

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
Just had another thought mid-animate here - could we have a reset button on the Prepare Character Actions pages? I've been animating as I go, building up a backlog of animations for each character, and now their pages are full of actions I don't need them to do again.

(I know this is thread on something else, but I couldn't find another topic in the Suggestions list that mentioned the Character Actions pages, and I didn't want to add Yet Another Bloody Request as a topic, so I thought here would do since I have your attention - hope Dreeko don't mind )
permalink
06/02/2011 02:00:52

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
ziggy72 wrote:
Just had another thought mid-animate here - could we have a reset button on the Prepare Character Actions pages? I've been animating as I go, building up a backlog of animations for each character, and now their pages are full of actions I don't need them to do again.

What would the button do? Reset the pages to the default actions?

ziggy72 wrote:
(I know this is thread on something else, but I couldn't find another topic in the Suggestions list that mentioned the Character Actions pages, and I didn't want to add Yet Another Bloody Request as a topic, so I thought here would do since I have your attention - hope Dreeko don't mind )

We should just send you a big red phone so you can speak directly to us on the Ziggy Hotline.
permalink
06/02/2011 18:30:48

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
Neil wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
Just had another thought mid-animate here - could we have a reset button on the Prepare Character Actions pages? I've been animating as I go, building up a backlog of animations for each character, and now their pages are full of actions I don't need them to do again.

What would the button do? Reset the pages to the default actions?

ziggy72 wrote:
(I know this is thread on something else, but I couldn't find another topic in the Suggestions list that mentioned the Character Actions pages, and I didn't want to add Yet Another Bloody Request as a topic, so I thought here would do since I have your attention - hope Dreeko don't mind )

We should just send you a big red phone so you can speak directly to us on the Ziggy Hotline.



Yup, reset them back to default. You don't think that would be useful? Just me then

And yup, a Ziggy hotline would be nice!
permalink
06/02/2011 20:14:23

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
...another call coming in from the Ziggy hotline... <somebody disconnect that thing! Quick!>

At least this one is on-topic - universal eyeglow. Sounds like a new cosmetic actually, but what I mean is one control to affect the eye glow value for all characters, so I don't have to assign each one individually according to the ambient light. Whenever you're ready
permalink
06/02/2011 20:26:27

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
ziggy72 wrote:
...another call coming in from the Ziggy hotline... <somebody disconnect that thing! Quick!>

At least this one is on-topic - universal eyeglow. Sounds like a new cosmetic actually, but what I mean is one control to affect the eye glow value for all characters, so I don't have to assign each one individually according to the ambient light. Whenever you're ready

Or just a universal animation feature which as you say affects all characters
It's there in the dialogue animation so why not in the others?

Ziggu you've started me off again on a feature frenzy!
edited by Dreeko on 06/02/2011
permalink
06/02/2011 20:54:07

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
That's an excellent idea Dreeko - universal Expressiveness, eyes, head, etc - it would mean you could do crowd scenes with people in sync, and dance routines and the like. Crowds at a tennis match... ha!
permalink
06/02/2011 21:43:41

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
ziggy72 wrote:
That's an excellent idea Dreeko - universal Expressiveness, eyes, head, etc - it would mean you could do crowd scenes with people in sync, and dance routines and the like. Crowds at a tennis match... ha!


Or... an apply tool where you select a character and take their animations sequences and move to another character and "apply" them to it, and so on and so on..

A mimic tool! Thumbs Up

cheers
D
edited by Dreeko on 06/02/2011
permalink
06/02/2011 22:43:41

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
OMG
permalink
06/02/2011 22:50:08

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Neil wrote:
OMG


ho ho! knew you'd like that one!



cheers
D
permalink
06/02/2011 23:50:08

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Posts: 471
You guys are rolling now! Thumbs Up
permalink
07/02/2011 00:42:25

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
Actually, if you could just copy a character's actions on the timeline, you could paste them into another character's timeline. Simples!
permalink
07/02/2011 10:34:10

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Posts: 346
Guys, thanks for your input, and enthusiasm, as always!!

There are a few things that we have discussed to improve the current timeline, and the ability to copy and paste animations between characters is an improvement I'd also like to see.

There were also things like increasing / reducing the tempo of animations, grouping them, more flexibility to move blocks over and beyond other ones, allowing the animation to stop at a specific point...if you have more suggestions, please do keep putting them forward.

I would really have loved the copy/paste function when I was making this video, it was such an effort!

permalink
07/02/2011 10:43:34

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Liking all the plans you outlined for the timeline there! Also if we could save the customized animations into a favorites section for re-using at a later date!

great little freaky clip by the way!

cheers
D
permalink
07/02/2011 10:55:17

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Posts: 346
Dreeko wrote:
customized animations

Do you mean - you have the ability to to trim or edit the speed of an animation, you should also be able to save it into a favourites section?

That's a good idea! I'll put it forward.

Dreeko wrote:
great little freaky clip by the way!

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Ivor Cutler.

Dreeko wrote:
by the way!

Hehe - your East Kilbride is showing by the way!! :P
permalink
07/02/2011 11:01:14

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
emily wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
by the way!

Hehe - your East Kilbride is showing by the way!! :P


Whoops! sorry about that ... I got dressed in a hurry , zip is now fastened!Blush


cheers
D
edited by Dreeko on 07/02/2011
permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? The eyes have it