Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Cameras window flashing or flipping

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
19/02/2017 14:25:25

RoadSailor
RoadSailor
Posts: 3
With even the most basic scene, with only 1 camera, anytime the Cameras window is open to see the camera's view, it's like it's rotating between multiple cameras ----even though they don't exist.

For example, point the camera at a character or object and in the Cameras window you'll see the subject for a second or two, then Cameras window is blank (like it's looking at a different view or scanning around), then it may show part of the subject, then the subject again, then blank, etc., etc., etc.

Any ideas?

Edit: here's a link to a short screen recording which might describe it better. Note the 1 camera you can see (confirmed by the Scene Window) then watch the Camera window on the upper right hand side.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgvwalb7j8rh1ff/Screen%20Recording%20%282-19-2017%209-32-51%20AM%29.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Gerry E.
edited by RoadSailor on 19/02/2017
permalink
19/02/2017 14:29:46

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
That sounds very odd. Does this happen even when you're not playing anything on the timeline?
permalink
19/02/2017 14:40:47

RoadSailor
RoadSailor
Posts: 3
Yes. I also just updated my post with a short screen capture video which describes it better than I can.

Thanks,

Gerry E.



MrDrWho13 wrote:
That sounds very odd. Does this happen even when you're not playing anything on the timeline?
permalink
19/02/2017 14:44:31

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
RoadSailor wrote:
Yes. I also just updated my post with a short screen capture video which describes it better than I can.

Thanks,

Gerry E.

Ah yes thanks, that saves me a lot of time.
It seems to be from the 360 degree video pack, so disabling the 360 degree mode will fix it.

Tools-->Disable 360 video
permalink
19/02/2017 15:02:29

RoadSailor
RoadSailor
Posts: 3
Thank you very much! That did take care of it.

I'm not exactly sure what the 360 degree video pack is for but I'm guessing I don't need it so you've been a big help, here. I really appreciate that you took the time to do so.

My best to you,

Gerry E.



MrDrWho13 wrote:
RoadSailor wrote:
Yes. I also just updated my post with a short screen capture video which describes it better than I can.

Thanks,

Gerry E.

Ah yes thanks, that saves me a lot of time.
It seems to be from the 360 degree video pack, so disabling the 360 degree mode will fix it.

Tools-->Disable 360 video
permalink
19/02/2017 15:05:07

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
The 360 degree pack is for making 360 degree videos which can be viewed in VR headsets. YouTube supports 360 video so if you upload it there in 360, the viewer isn't restricted to just where you pointed the camera. (They can use their mouse to drag around the view)
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tech Help ? Cameras window flashing or flipping