pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
23/09/2016 14:17:52

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Posts: 100
In case anyone has forgotten we're trying to get Muvizu listed on Steam. Its been pretty exciting there recently with a lot of yes votes but we need a few more to get the final push and get Muvizu listed in the Steam store.

Here's the page again: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425577110

If you've got steam vote 'yes' for Muvizu and don't forget to send on the page to your steam friends, lets get Muvizu listed on Steam!
permalink
23/09/2016 18:12:29

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
I'm willing to help, but I'm not familiar with Steam.... do I need to join something in order to express my wishes on your behalf?

----edit-----
OK, I joined Steam... do I vote by clicking the button that says "yes I would buy Muvizu if it were available on Steam"? (even though I've already bought it ?)

also, I notice in the lower right corner there is a message saying that the owner of the thread (MUVIZU) has hasn't logged into Steam for 343 days. This suggests abandonment and doesn't send the message that this is an active greenlight project.
edited by PatMarrNC on 23/09/2016
permalink
23/09/2016 18:44:58

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
PatMarrNC wrote:
OK, I joined Steam... do I vote by clicking the button that says "yes I would buy Muvizu if it were available on Steam"? (even though I've already bought it ?)

also, I notice in the lower right corner there is a message saying that the owner of the thread (MUVIZU) has hasn't logged into Steam for 343 days. This suggests abandonment and doesn't send the message that this is an active greenlight project.

Yes you press that button, and Muvizu should definitely log in as you say.
permalink
23/09/2016 19:55:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
update #2...

after creating an account and logging in, I clicked the aforementioned button and was informed that my type of account does not entitle me to vote!! Not sure where to go from here....
permalink
23/09/2016 19:58:05

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
did you download the steam installer and validate your account?
permalink
23/09/2016 19:58:12

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
PatMarrNC wrote:
update #2...

after creating an account and logging in, I clicked the aforementioned button and was informed that my type of account does not entitle me to vote!! Not sure where to go from here....

Maybe you can't vote when you account was just created. Not sure what you can do about that.
permalink
23/09/2016 20:04:19

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
MrDrWho13 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
update #2...

after creating an account and logging in, I clicked the aforementioned button and was informed that my type of account does not entitle me to vote!! Not sure where to go from here....

Maybe you can't vote when you account was just created. Not sure what you can do about that.


What's their payment schema? Do you buy tokens or credits in order to make purchases on Steam? I was wondering if only people with tokens can say what they are willing to buy.

Especially given the nature of their green light system, I can understand why they might make it inconvenient for people to create accounts for the sole purpose of voting.
permalink
23/09/2016 20:05:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
PatMarrNC wrote:
What's their payment schema? Do you buy tokens or credits in order to make purchases on Steam? I was wondering if only people with tokens can say what they are willing to buy.

Especially given the nature of their green light system, I can understand why they might make it inconvenient for people to create accounts for the sole purpose of voting.

You can load credit onto your account, but you can also pay for games directly with any payment method.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/09/2016
permalink
23/09/2016 20:09:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
urbanlamb wrote:
did you download the steam installer and validate your account?


nope.. maybe that's it. Funny.. I never got an email after creating my account telling me to do that. Usually after signing up for a site the follow-up email tells you what to do next.
permalink
23/09/2016 20:33:20

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
yeah i would imagine they need you to have one purchase or something you could say try to download a free-to-play game I think they have apb reloaded for instance is one I can think of on steam there are others but I dont play many steam games.
probably then you can vote. .. maybe download the steam version of blender or something
edited by urbanlamb on 23/09/2016
permalink
23/09/2016 21:21:20

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
If you're looking for free Steam games, download Team Fortress 2. Some of us have 1400hrs clocked on it. Twitchy
permalink
25/09/2016 11:32:56

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Posts: 976
Muvizu now on Steam....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425577110
permalink
25/09/2016 13:59:36

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
ukBerty wrote:



not yet nope as of this posting its not greenlit yet so you can't actually use it on steam only vote for it to be on steam.
permalink
25/09/2016 14:02:57

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Something you might want to note when implementing the Steam overlay on Muvizu. F12 toggles lighting in Muvizu and takes a screenshot in the Steam overlay.
permalink
25/09/2016 14:24:37

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
You can do this with any game however that does not mean the game is for sale or available on steam which is the entire purpose of having it on steam.

I personally only use steam if I cant get whatever it is any other way. You also can't rate muvizu if you did not purchase it on steam you can only rate copies you actually purchased through steam and at the moment you can't purchase it on steam.
permalink
25/09/2016 14:39:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Something you might want to note when implementing the Steam overlay on Muvizu. F12 toggles lighting in Muvizu and takes a screenshot in the Steam overlay.

I think you can turn off the steam overlay in your account settings - I'm pretty sure I had to when running Skyrim.
permalink
25/09/2016 14:41:50

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Something you might want to note when implementing the Steam overlay on Muvizu. F12 toggles lighting in Muvizu and takes a screenshot in the Steam overlay.

I think you can turn off the steam overlay in your account settings - I'm pretty sure I had to when running Skyrim.

Yeah, you can, but some people may not know how. (Maybe you can change the screenshot shortcut when you upload a game to the store?)
permalink
30/09/2016 04:56:06

Rocque
Rocque
Posts: 359
Wow, this sounds like way too much work! I just do not have the time to deal with it right now. I admire everyone for supporting this endeavor. Good luck Pat.
permalink
24/11/2016 09:54:46

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Posts: 100
Hi Guys,

We're trying to get Muvizu:Play+ on Steam (www.steampowered.com) but we need some votes to get through the Greenlight phase.

Here's the Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425577110

Help this software get on Steam! - Steam Community
steamcommunity.com
Help this software get on Steam! Take a look around and learn about this software. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating ...

If your familiar with Steam, why not login and vote yes on Muvizu? If your not you could always register and vote yes.

Help us spread the Muvizu word!

Thanks!
permalink
19/01/2017 08:13:07

doby
doby
Posts: 33
MrDrWho13 wrote:
If you're looking for free Steam games, download Team Fortress 2. Some of us have 1400hrs clocked on it. Twitchy



Play it all the time!
permalink
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Muvizu on Steam