Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? I need a test file...(animated AVI)

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/07/2016 15:30:31

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
I'm beating my head against the wall trying to create animated alpha channel AVI textures like the rotating axe tutorial.

I have already edited my defaultgame.ini file to allow alpha (bStripVideoAlpha=False)

Starting with a graphic of a propeller (transparent background) I can create the rotation animation, but when I apply the AVI to a backdrop as texture, the animation works, but the transparency is lost. Before I start changing my procedure, can somebody send me a link to an AVI that has transparency so I can see if it works on my system? I need to use process of elimination to determine if its my procedure or my system that is preventing the results I want.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide
permalink
13/07/2016 15:31:59

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
I spoke to support about this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bug in the most recent version so you'll have to wait for a patch.

Estimated patch date: 2016
edited by MrDrWho13 on 13/07/2016
permalink
13/07/2016 16:18:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I spoke to support about this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bug in the most recent version so you'll have to wait for a patch.

Estimated patch date: 2016
edited by MrDrWho13 on 13/07/2016


thank heavens! I appreciate the response MDW13... I was getting ready to waste a day of my life trying to solve a problem that can't be solved yet. (hmmmm... If it's the current version, it should still work in a previous version.... )

update: I just tested my AVI in build 2015.08.05.01R, and it isn't transparent there either. Neither is the rotating wheel AVI that rodrsilva posted a while ago. I guess I'll examine it in other software to see if its transparent there. If not then the problem is still my creation technique.
permalink
13/07/2016 16:19:23

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
PatMarrNC wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I spoke to support about this a couple of weeks ago. It's a bug in the most recent version so you'll have to wait for a patch.

Estimated patch date: 2016
edited by MrDrWho13 on 13/07/2016


thank heavens! I appreciate the response MDW13... I was getting ready to waste a day of my life trying to solve a problem that can't be solved yet. (hmmmm... If it's the current version, it should still work in a previous version.... )

update: I just tested my AVI in build 2015.08.05.01R, and it isn't transparent there either. Neither is the rotating wheel AVI that rodrsilva posted a while ago. I guess I'll examine it in other software to see if its transparent there. If not then the problem is still my creation technique.

I'll PM you my transparent clip if you need it for testing.
permalink
13/07/2016 16:52:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
MrDrWho13 wrote:

I'll PM you my transparent clip if you need it for testing.


thanks! I'll PM you my email address!

I just checked my AVI in HitFilm, and it is indeed transparent in that software. Now I'm thinking the reason it didn't work in the older version of Muvizu is because I didn't change the default game ini for that installation.....

update: yep, changing the defaultgame.ini file for the 2nd installation of a prior version allowed the AVI transparent animation to work in that version. Now I can relax and move on to other problems knowing that a future update will sort this out.

Thanks again for your help MDW13! I appreciate all that you do to help people on the forum!
edited by PatMarrNC on 13/07/2016
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? I need a test file...(animated AVI)