Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Mandy Character and a Mic

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
18/01/2016 14:46:16

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
Hi All

Last time i tried to make the Mandy character sing, her holding a mic was not an option and I wondered if it will ever be?


Thanks!

:-)
permalink
18/01/2016 15:00:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
even though her character does not have an INSTRUMENTS option, there is the possibility to add an imported object to either of her hands. Sketchup's 3d warehouse has a bunch of microphone models you could DL and convert to ASE or FBX format. Here's one of them:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=913b3f2c0479f19d2c9474f2c97797dd
permalink
18/01/2016 15:04:15

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
Hi Pat

I tried that before and was not please with the results. We had to use a "less attractive" lead singer. Pop singers need to be attractive!! :-)
permalink
18/01/2016 19:33:30

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Posts: 976
I feel your pain - I decided to go for a fixed mic - it suited the retro look of what I wanted though so worked out OK

permalink
18/01/2016 22:27:05

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
blickfang wrote:
Hi Pat

I tried that before and was not please with the results. We had to use a "less attractive" lead singer. Pop singers need to be attractive!! :-)


I'm curious to know what was disappointing about the results... seems like a model is a model...
permalink
19/01/2016 00:24:08

theotherguy
theotherguy
Posts: 176
I'm also trying to have a singer use a mic, I've tried downloading the file into Sketchuo, but from there it doesn't allow you to save or export a file type Muvizu can use.
permalink
19/01/2016 00:47:48

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
theotherguy wrote:
I'm also trying to have a singer use a mic, I've tried downloading the file into Sketchuo, but from there it doesn't allow you to save or export a file type Muvizu can use.


Sketchup by itself doesn't have any export options that work in Muvizu. However, there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows exporting to ASE format (which Muvizu can use)

Here is the WIKI link to all the info you need:

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/143/
permalink
19/01/2016 09:04:20

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
PatMarrNC wrote:
theotherguy wrote:
I'm also trying to have a singer use a mic, I've tried downloading the file into Sketchuo, but from there it doesn't allow you to save or export a file type Muvizu can use.


Sketchup by itself doesn't have any export options that work in Muvizu. However, there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows exporting to ASE format (which Muvizu can use)

Here is the WIKI link to all the info you need:

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/143/

You might also want this thread for more info: http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic5405-tips--tricks.aspx#post28539
permalink
19/01/2016 14:27:37

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
So even if I manage to get a mic in Mandy's hand and make it semi-believable, she still won't have the lovely singing moves that some of the other characters have.


Rather than a workaround, is there going to be an improvement in the not too distant future for Mandy and her singing? Please? Pretty please?


:-)
permalink
19/01/2016 15:34:04

ritsmer
ritsmer
Posts: 110
Probably a silly question - but: how difficult would it be to take/copy hair, clothes etc etc from one existing character and add it to another. ?

At first I would only think of copying the clothes and other seemingly "easy" things like some of the effects etc. ?

Of course the movements, actions and instruments options is quite another and more difficult/impossible issue - but copying like "Mandy's" hair options to "The girl" and the other way round might not be so difficult - but still add more possibilities for the users ??
permalink
19/01/2016 16:11:23

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
blickfang wrote:
So even if I manage to get a mic in Mandy's hand and make it semi-believable, she still won't have the lovely singing moves that some of the other characters have.


:-)


I loaded the Mandy character and went to actions..... all of the actions are available to the Mandy character for singing... its just the mic that's missing as far as I can tell. You can demo the actions and Mandy acts them out. So if you get a mic imported and put it in her hand, you should be good to go
permalink
19/01/2016 16:16:41

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
I downloaded the latest version of Muvizu last night at about 17:30 CDST and confirmed Mandy had no instruments, which is needed for the singing actions
permalink
19/01/2016 16:45:21

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
ritsmer wrote:
Probably a silly question - but: how difficult would it be to take/copy hair, clothes etc etc from one existing character and add it to another. ?

At first I would only think of copying the clothes and other seemingly "easy" things like some of the effects etc. ?

Of course the movements, actions and instruments options is quite another and more difficult/impossible issue - but copying like "Mandy's" hair options to "The girl" and the other way round might not be so difficult - but still add more possibilities for the users ??


The items are locked to the characters I'm afraid. You'll have to import your own hair models or whatever from sketchup if you don't like what's already there.
permalink
19/01/2016 18:46:19

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
blickfang wrote:
I downloaded the latest version of Muvizu last night at about 17:30 CDST and confirmed Mandy had no instruments, which is needed for the singing actions


I created this demo in the version of Muvizu that was just released. Its purpose is to illustrate what I'm trying to communicate about the Mandy character's ability to use the singing functions if you just get her a mic... (you may want to watch in full screen in order to follow the menu choices)




There are a couple of actions that would normally involve switching the mic from hand to hand ("Throw Mic", "Throw Mic between Hands" and "Big Vocal 1" for example) but due to attaching the mic to her left hand, those few actions aren't useful. But all things considered, Mandy has about 95% of the capability. Why the mic is not one of her accessories is a mystery to me (but not much of a road block)
edited by PatMarrNC on 19/01/2016
permalink
19/01/2016 19:17:40

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
ukBerty wrote:
I feel your pain - I decided to go for a fixed mic - it suited the retro look of what I wanted though so worked out OK




Nice Still, Berty!
edited by blickfang on 19/01/2016
permalink
19/01/2016 19:19:43

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
Thanks Pat. I'll give that a try when I get home.

Do you have that mic you used handy :-)

The one thing I will though miss is the mic toss
permalink
19/01/2016 19:40:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
blickfang wrote:
Thanks Pat. I'll give that a try when I get home.

Do you have that mic you used handy :-)

The one thing I will though miss is the mic toss


message me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
(The one I linked to on Sketchup didn't come into Muvizu correctly, so I modeled my own... as such it's a simple model with no textures, just colors... but I'll be happy to send it)
permalink
20/01/2016 00:09:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
ukBerty wrote:
I feel your pain - I decided to go for a fixed mic - it suited the retro look of what I wanted though so worked out OK



Berty, your approach provides an EXCELLENT solution to the problem, and I totally agree that the old-style mic on a stand is the better choice for your production! I can't wait to see your video! I'm sure it will be creatively inspiring (if I can keep my envy from undermining all the positive influence!)
permalink
21/01/2016 20:40:28

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Posts: 1742
blickfang wrote:
The one thing I will though miss is the mic toss


You could use a different character and zoom in the camera focus on the mic so it isn't obvious the scene isn't using Mandy. If you want a whole character shot, you could use a different character and do it as a silhouette.

Visual change-ups make videos more interesting, and this gives you multiple reasons for varying the camera view
permalink
21/01/2016 22:14:49

blickfang
blickfang
Posts: 106
Or ....or.....our Muvizu developers could just add the bit of code to Mandy so she can sing :-D
permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Mandy Character and a Mic