Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? For New Users ? Hello Everyone!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
23/04/2014 14:47:25

lawesley516
lawesley516
Posts: 1
Hi everyone,

I am new to Muvizu and I am testing it for the organization I am working for. I'm a Sr. Instructional Designer and would like to use this tool to create short interactive mini scenarios. I have experienced some problems with inserting audio and making two different characters talk to each other. I have watched all the tutorials and I noticed that in my version when I click on prepare or direct dialogue that my box does not have all the options under talking. I only have two talk and shush. Do I need to reinstall this program or is this the way the program is set now? If this is the way it is how do I get one single audio file with two characters talking to each other to work.

Thank you,
permalink
23/04/2014 16:13:44

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Hello, and welcome to Muvizu!

The direct dialogue that you saw sounds like the one from the beta version of Muvizu. The current version has only two options (If I remember it correctly) but the process is pretty much the same.
To get two people talking to each other you have to prepare the dialogue so they both are lip synced to the track that you want, then switch to direct and press the record button. you can now switch between talking and 'shush' which stops the lip syncing at the points that you want them to talk. You then do this for the second character and any others that you'd like to talk.
You cannot, however, lip sync to more than one track per character.
This tutorial should help:

If you need any more help, just ask!

MDW13

Update: Just found this on the wiki http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/80/getting-characters-to-talk with useful GIFs such as:

edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/04/2014
permalink
23/04/2014 16:37:12

LugofilmLtd
LugofilmLtd
Posts: 74
Hello! To answer your question, here's how I get two characters to converse. There may be other solutions, but this is what works for me:


1. Download the free audio recording/editing software Audacity.
2. Record your dialogue using whatever program you normally use, making sure to save each individual line as a separate audio file.
3. Drag and drop all dialogue into Audacity. This will initially place all the audio files on top of one another.
4. In the Edit menu, go down to the Select sub-menu and tell it to select all.
5. In the Tracks menu, go down to the Align Tracks sub-menu and tell it to align end to end. This should generate one long audio file of the whole conversation.
6. In the File menu, select Export and save the audio track wherever you like.
7. Once you have everything set up in Muvizu, import this audio file.
8. Synch both characters to the audio track. Which ever one speaks first, set them initially to talk and set the other one initially to shush.
9. Go to record dialogue with the first character and have them talk on their lines and shush during the other character's lines. This is done in real time as the audio track plays, so you may need to move the talk and shush markers after recording to fine tune it.
10. Repeat this process with the other character.


And voila! You now have two characters talking to one another. Hope that helps!
permalink
24/04/2014 18:46:22

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Posts: 122
LugofilmLtd wrote:
Hello! To answer your question, here's how I get two characters to converse. There may be other solutions, but this is what works for me:


1. Download the free audio recording/editing software Audacity.
2. Record your dialogue using whatever program you normally use, making sure to save each individual line as a separate audio file.
3. Drag and drop all dialogue into Audacity. This will initially place all the audio files on top of one another.
4. In the Edit menu, go down to the Select sub-menu and tell it to select all.
5. In the Tracks menu, go down to the Align Tracks sub-menu and tell it to align end to end. This should generate one long audio file of the whole conversation.
6. In the File menu, select Export and save the audio track wherever you like.
7. Once you have everything set up in Muvizu, import this audio file.
8. Synch both characters to the audio track. Which ever one speaks first, set them initially to talk and set the other one initially to shush.
9. Go to record dialogue with the first character and have them talk on their lines and shush during the other character's lines. This is done in real time as the audio track plays, so you may need to move the talk and shush markers after recording to fine tune it.
10. Repeat this process with the other character.


And voila! You now have two characters talking to one another. Hope that helps!



I am not a fan of this approach because it's too locked in. If, after putting your video together you want to change just 1 line, you have to re-do the whole thing. If you want to introduce a longer pause, or even a shorter pause, you have to re-do the whole thing. It's not convenient whatsoever.
permalink
24/04/2014 20:49:00

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
whatever solution is introduced your going to have this issue even with other softwares because you will need to extend things and change animations.

In order to mitigate this you should have copies of your sets laid out and save them as you do the dialogue so that if you need to go back and rerender for any multitude of reasons you still have the set with the dialogue attached. Unfortunately I can't think of any situation where if i change the dialogue I would not have to rerender and adjust things. Even in live action situation you would need to redo the scene.

So for these issues as you do your scenes and dialogue save out the set with a number beside it and then move onto the next bit and save out another copy of the set with the next number .
permalink
24/04/2014 20:59:14

Sharu_dubz29
Sharu_dubz29
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1
Hi guys, I am new to muvizu, I want to change my username, if I can't do that, I want to delete my account and start again, what can I do?
permalink
24/04/2014 21:37:34

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
Posts: 767
Sharu_dubz29 wrote:
Hi guys, I am new to muvizu, I want to change my username, if I can't do that, I want to delete my account and start again, what can I do?

you cant change your user name. to delete your account. go to your profile page, click on my account, delete is at the bottom of the page.
permalink
26/04/2014 16:17:22

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Posts: 122
urbanlamb wrote:
whatever solution is introduced your going to have this issue even with other softwares because you will need to extend things and change animations.

In order to mitigate this you should have copies of your sets laid out and save them as you do the dialogue so that if you need to go back and rerender for any multitude of reasons you still have the set with the dialogue attached. Unfortunately I can't think of any situation where if i change the dialogue I would not have to rerender and adjust things. Even in live action situation you would need to redo the scene.

So for these issues as you do your scenes and dialogue save out the set with a number beside it and then move onto the next bit and save out another copy of the set with the next number .



I wasn't talking about changing anything in the animation itself, but in the audio file. If you wish to change 1 line or introduce a pause in the dialog, you have to go back and redo the entire audio file, then re-import into Muvizu. If dialog could be broken down into separate audio files/segments, 1 line per audio file, it would be tremendously easier to make modifications. Many other applications, specific to 2D and 3D animations, handles audio files in this way. Muvizu is the only one right now that forces a single audio track. Not quite accurate since you can use a single audio per character (so multiple tracks), but building an entire one sided conversation in a single audio file is rather ludicrous in this day and age.
permalink
27/04/2014 16:22:58

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Posts: 122
urbanlamb wrote:
Wizaerd wrote:

I wasn't talking about changing anything in the animation itself, but in the audio file. If you wish to change 1 line or introduce a pause in the dialog, you have to go back and redo the entire audio file, then re-import into Muvizu. If dialog could be broken down into separate audio files/segments, 1 line per audio file, it would be tremendously easier to make modifications. Many other applications, specific to 2D and 3D animations, handles audio files in this way. Muvizu is the only one right now that forces a single audio track. Not quite accurate since you can use a single audio per character (so multiple tracks), but building an entire one sided conversation in a single audio file is rather ludicrous in this day and age.


although I agree with the single track I am going to answer this anyhow because the system is not that hard to adapt to and yes I use iclone and "them other softwares" If your only changing a word in the track its easy to edit in and swap out the dialogue without much fuss. Again though unless the word is the exact same length etc your messing up your animation.

if you introduce a pause you will need to shuffle the animations a bit no matter using the clip method if you move the clips in iclone your going to have to adjust the rest of the timeline unless you like your people gesturing where they should not be etc so really this is a moot point.

I dont like having to rebuild an audio clip its true to insert another word however again unless your character is motionless and staring at a camera your going to need to adjust all his gestures to take stock of the added pause and change in where the words are. Its not an insurmountable obstacle this one I would like seperate clips as well however truth be told if your not fussy about the animations then all your really doing is editing a clip in audacity adding and subtracting a word here and there and re-importing the clip and replacing it in the exact same spot. If you dont care about the related animations in the timeline and them being in synch with the dialogue you just change the work involved is not huge. If you do care about the related animations in the timeline and them being in synch your going to have to move them and edit your eyemovements, head movements, handmovements regardless of adding or subtracting a pause or dialogue.

The only improvement the ability to import little clips would add to this system is it would remove the need to use shush and talk at all which would speed this portion of the animation process up. Otherwise though there is no other real difference because no matter what method you use if your changing your timeline your going to need to shuffle everything around to match as all the motions will be out of synch. Again though that is if you care about such things..

Its cumbersome, but not THAT cumbersome but then I live in the camp is "if it gets the job done then its really not that bad" we are talking 5 or 10 minutes time difference to edit the audio clip.. maybe
edited by urbanlamb on 26/04/2014



I'm sorry, but we're going to have to agree to disagree. I find it tremendously cumbersome to deal with an entire conversation in a single track, and completely inefficient. Audio is my least favorite aspect of animation, and anything that can be done to make it a better process is a boon to me. Breaking up dialog into multiple audio files is one step closer to being less of a PITA for me. With multiple audio files I can make minor adjustments while I'm in Muvizu with separate audio snippets, and don't have to stop completely in order to jump into a different program to go mucking about with audio.
permalink
27/04/2014 16:42:05

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
okay this thread is being pulled way to far off topic i have deleted my reply about it because i realized you were doing this in a thread with someone asking a question when i talked about it yesterday. Perhaps post in the feedback forum. All this complaining in a thread where someone is asking for a solution is not helping the poor guy

so here i will repost the solution

to save sets as you do dialogue put a number beside the set and dont remove the dialogue so if you need to edit it you can go back to the set and edit it and rerender it.

this goes for muvizu or any other software its a good idea to save out your sets and not over write them

*pulls thread back onto the topic*

/YANK
edited by urbanlamb on 27/04/2014
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? For New Users ? Hello Everyone!