Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? ability to create a character or not?

the topic is closed
29/01/2014 15:32:43

gracemaker
gracemaker
Posts: 17
i asked somebody who has been using muvizu for quite some time, if he could create a character for me.
he said, no you can't create a character in muvizu, you can only customize one.
my question, if this is true, and i don't know if it is true, why then is there a tab that says "create a character"?
permalink
29/01/2014 16:02:53

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Technically he is right, you have to customise the current characters with clothes, textures etc rather than actually creating the characters from scratch.

For other tutorials, look here: http://www.muvizu.com/Tutorials
edited by MrDrWho13 on 29/01/2014
permalink
29/01/2014 16:36:55

gracemaker
gracemaker
Posts: 17
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Technically he is right, you have to customise the current characters with clothes, textures etc rather than actually creating the characters from scratch.


but can one not "create a character" by importing a new character?
can one not import a newly created .fbx or .ase character?
permalink
29/01/2014 16:40:41

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
gracemaker wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Technically he is right, you have to customise the current characters with clothes, textures etc rather than actually creating the characters from scratch.


but can one not "create a character" by importing a new character?
can one not import a newly created .fbx or .ase character?

Those formats can only be used for importing solid objects - objects that cannot move. Currently, Muvizu does not have the capability to import characters. (although there are rumours that there will be in the future)
permalink
29/01/2014 16:41:52

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
You can import models, but not characters. There is the possiblity in the future that the fbx format would allow for character import, but not any time soon. The Create Character tab only allows you to create a new character from the list (man, woman, beefy, etc). So you're stuck with them, is what we're sayin'
permalink
29/01/2014 16:45:37

gracemaker
gracemaker
Posts: 17
ziggy72 wrote:
You can import models, but not characters. There is the possiblity in the future that the fbx format would allow for character import, but not any time soon. The Create Character tab only allows you to create a new character from the list (man, woman, beefy, etc). So you're stuck with them, is what we're sayin'


i understand that an immoveable object, an .ase or .fbx can be imported.
i seem to understand what a character is, and that a character can NOT be imported into muvizu.
okay, but sorry, for stupid question: what is a model that can be imported?
permalink
29/01/2014 16:47:11

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
gracemaker wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
You can import models, but not characters. There is the possiblity in the future that the fbx format would allow for character import, but not any time soon. The Create Character tab only allows you to create a new character from the list (man, woman, beefy, etc). So you're stuck with them, is what we're sayin'


i understand that an immoveable object, an .ase or .fbx can be imported.
i seem to understand what a character is, and that a character can NOT be imported into muvizu.
okay, but sorry, for stupid question: what is a model that can be imported?



Anything that is a 3D solid that can be imported is a model. (anything from chairs to swords)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 29/01/2014
permalink
07/05/2014 10:09:06

Mikelwren
Mikelwren
Posts: 1
While creating a character many things needs to be considered because 3d character animation play the most vital role in the film or any game.
edited by Mikelwren on 10/05/2014
permalink
07/05/2014 11:42:31

primaveranz
primaveranz
Posts: 524
Is that the precursor of SPAM I smell?
permalink
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? ability to create a character or not?