Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Newbie having trouble moving / directing object

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
14/10/2013 11:28:43

foff47
foff47
Posts: 36
Hi. Can someone help me please?

I am new to Muvizu and have been going through all and any tutorials I can get and practicing with aspects of the programme, But I have hit a snag which is really trying my patience.

I loaded the fire engine scene, copied and pasted some road to make it longer, edited the environment, bought out one of the fire engines and did a couple of little modifications and made it into a group. I then wanted to record the group moving along the road but I hadn't deselected the last piece of road so when I recorded the Object Movement the piece of road moved.
Now I cannot seem to deselect the road from going into movement mode when I hit the record button, I deleted the movement tag from the time line but every time I hit record the road becomes highlighted for movement and the group becomes deselected.
I really dont want to start all over again with a new scene.

How can I deselect all the movement so I can record the object movement I want move?

I hope this makes sense
Thanks in advance
permalink
14/10/2013 12:26:07

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
Foff47
Although you can group items so you can move them around your scene together you cannot animate groups of objects.

Therefore in order to move the fire engine I think you will need to "ungroup" the items in the group and then select the fire engine and direct>object movement.

If you need a number of objects/characters to move together you need to use a moving backdrop (to simulate the movement) or use a "green screening" method.
edited by toonarama on 14/10/2013
permalink
14/10/2013 22:46:12

foff47
foff47
Posts: 36
toonarama wrote:
Foff47
Although you can group items so you can move them around your scene together you cannot animate groups of objects.

Therefore in order to move the fire engine I think you will need to "ungroup" the items in the group and then select the fire engine and direct>object movement.

If you need a number of objects/characters to move together you need to use a moving backdrop (to simulate the movement) or use a "green screening" method.
edited by toonarama on 14/10/2013


Hi Toonarama, thanks for the info.
Its disappointing that groups cannot be animated, what I was playing with was: I had added some lights to the fire engine and set up a night scene and I wanted the fire engine to come down the street with the headlights on and the red and blue lights on top flashing.

Maybe something the developers could look at.

Just an after thought, and again I know I am only new with Muvizu, but when we animate a character you get (for want of a better phrase) a "Directors Disc" at the characters feet which we can either drag to make the person get to where you want them to be or double click in a space that we want the person to end up which I think is an absolute gem because you can get the character to get to exactly where you want them to be, is there any reason why this same "Directors Disc" cannot be added to objects , mainly vehicles, then we can get the vehicles to get to where we want them more accurately ?

Again just a thought.
edited by foff47 on 14/10/2013
permalink
14/10/2013 23:21:41

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
moving groups of objects is something on their list of things to do if i remember rightly at the moment you can actually. At the moment and unless something has changed since I last looked you can in fact now place someone in a vehicle and have him move with it. I dont know how the legs are going to work I know they have added a few animation subtleties we needed as well. To have someone move with a vehicle now you would have them basically wear the vehicle likely around the waist and adjust the weighting. I dont know how difficult it is I have not actually tried however I am familiar with the concept of wearing vehicles to make it appear as if your driving them. They still need to add a method to attach it to multiple characters this is not so easy :/

anyhow at the end of the day likely they will use the group method for that as well but for now you will have to animate the lights seperately and the engine as well. It can be done its just rather fiddly and difficult though and not the ideal way

the wearing a vehicle and moving with it i guess I should qualify this now it would be doable in play+ i am also running on the assumption that we can use the character movement system while the character is sitting and his legs will behave because its an idle action. I haven't tried it yet but I am just imagining it based on "them other softwares" and it seems like it should logically work if anyone has tried it maybe let us know if it works I haven't had time to test this "assumption" yet
edited by urbanlamb on 14/10/2013
permalink
15/10/2013 09:45:42

foff47
foff47
Posts: 36
urbanlamb wrote:
moving groups of objects is something on their list of things to do if i remember rightly at the moment you can actually. At the moment and unless something has changed since I last looked you can in fact now place someone in a vehicle and have him move with it. I dont know how the legs are going to work I know they have added a few animation subtleties we needed as well. To have someone move with a vehicle now you would have them basically wear the vehicle likely around the waist and adjust the weighting. I dont know how difficult it is I have not actually tried however I am familiar with the concept of wearing vehicles to make it appear as if your driving them. They still need to add a method to attach it to multiple characters this is not so easy :/

anyhow at the end of the day likely they will use the group method for that as well but for now you will have to animate the lights seperately and the engine as well. It can be done its just rather fiddly and difficult though and not the ideal way

the wearing a vehicle and moving with it i guess I should qualify this now it would be doable in play+ i am also running on the assumption that we can use the character movement system while the character is sitting and his legs will behave because its an idle action. I haven't tried it yet but I am just imagining it based on "them other softwares" and it seems like it should logically work if anyone has tried it maybe let us know if it works I haven't had time to test this "assumption" yet
edited by urbanlamb on 14/10/2013



I understand what you are saying about the character "wearing" a vehicle and the character moving the vehicle but I am too new to Muvizu to know how to do this, any chance of a bit of help on how I can do this, then I can go "play"
edited by foff47 on 15/10/2013
permalink
15/10/2013 12:01:22

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
foff47 wrote:

I understand what you are saying about the character "wearing" a vehicle and the character moving the vehicle but I am too new to Muvizu to know how to do this, any chance of a bit of help on how I can do this, then I can go "play"
edited by foff47 on 15/10/2013



If you EDIT a character you can ATTACH an imported object to part of the body so you could import a car model to a characters waist and reposition as required and then when you move the character the car object will move with them.

Two main issues with this

a) Can only attached imported objects for which you have the ase/fbx file - ie not those that are installed with Muvizu
b) the character can only be moved by making them run or walk which will cause the car object to move/shake as well - you could reduce the impact by ensuring you attach to a part which does not move too much and by reducing the character's expressiveness right down

Thanks
edited by toonarama on 15/10/2013
permalink
16/10/2013 02:56:19

foff47
foff47
Posts: 36
toonarama wrote:
foff47 wrote:

I understand what you are saying about the character "wearing" a vehicle and the character moving the vehicle but I am too new to Muvizu to know how to do this, any chance of a bit of help on how I can do this, then I can go "play"
edited by foff47 on 15/10/2013



If you EDIT a character you can ATTACH an imported object to part of the body so you could import a car model to a characters waist and reposition as required and then when you move the character the car object will move with them.

Two main issues with this

a) Can only attached imported objects for which you have the ase/fbx file - ie not those that are installed with Muvizu
b) the character can only be moved by making them run or walk which will cause the car object to move/shake as well - you could reduce the impact by ensuring you attach to a part which does not move too much and by reducing the character's expressiveness right down

Thanks
edited by toonarama on 15/10/2013


hey toonarama,

Thanks for your time patience and help, I have just spent 45 minutes looking for the way to "attach" the car to the character and still didn't find it , I think maybe I am trying to run before I can walk with the programme.
So for the moment I will go back to the start and get more familiar with Muvizu and come back to this issue a b it later on..
permalink
16/10/2013 07:21:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
foff47 wrote:
toonarama wrote:
foff47 wrote:

I understand what you are saying about the character "wearing" a vehicle and the character moving the vehicle but I am too new to Muvizu to know how to do this, any chance of a bit of help on how I can do this, then I can go "play"
edited by foff47 on 15/10/2013



If you EDIT a character you can ATTACH an imported object to part of the body so you could import a car model to a characters waist and reposition as required and then when you move the character the car object will move with them.

Two main issues with this

a) Can only attached imported objects for which you have the ase/fbx file - ie not those that are installed with Muvizu
b) the character can only be moved by making them run or walk which will cause the car object to move/shake as well - you could reduce the impact by ensuring you attach to a part which does not move too much and by reducing the character's expressiveness right down

Thanks
edited by toonarama on 15/10/2013


hey toonarama,

Thanks for your time patience and help, I have just spent 45 minutes looking for the way to "attach" the car to the character and still didn't find it , I think maybe I am trying to run before I can walk with the programme.
So for the moment I will go back to the start and get more familiar with Muvizu and come back to this issue a b it later on..

You can only attach things to characters with play+, so if you have the free version, you'll have to stick with object animation.
permalink
16/10/2013 10:29:59

foff47
foff47
Posts: 36
MrDrWho13 wrote:
foff47 wrote:
toonarama wrote:
foff47 wrote:

I understand what you are saying about the character "wearing" a vehicle and the character moving the vehicle but I am too new to Muvizu to know how to do this, any chance of a bit of help on how I can do this, then I can go "play"
edited by foff47 on 15/10/2013



If you EDIT a character you can ATTACH an imported object to part of the body so you could import a car model to a characters waist and reposition as required and then when you move the character the car object will move with them.

Two main issues with this

a) Can only attached imported objects for which you have the ase/fbx file - ie not those that are installed with Muvizu
b) the character can only be moved by making them run or walk which will cause the car object to move/shake as well - you could reduce the impact by ensuring you attach to a part which does not move too much and by reducing the character's expressiveness right down

Thanks
edited by toonarama on 15/10/2013


hey toonarama,

Thanks for your time patience and help, I have just spent 45 minutes looking for the way to "attach" the car to the character and still didn't find it , I think maybe I am trying to run before I can walk with the programme.
So for the moment I will go back to the start and get more familiar with Muvizu and come back to this issue a b it later on..

You can only attach things to characters with play+, so if you have the free version, you'll have to stick with object animation.


Hi MrDrWho13

Thanks for the heads up, I don't have the money for play+ so will work with what I have here.
permalink
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Newbie having trouble moving / directing object