Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Please Decrease size of Gallery Icons/ Pictures

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
01/05/2013 23:10:09

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Posts: 126
Now that you have increased the size of the "Icons", the first page only shows the "Latest 8". Most people only look at those! One of my videos which only made it yesterday was on the 3rd page! Nobody has looked at it. Please go back at least to 16, or better still, scroll down to 24 icons!
permalink
01/05/2013 23:29:51

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Yeah, I'm with Chuckles on this one!

The gallery page doesn't do the community justice. The featured staff picks videos should rotate instead of being stuck on the same one. Anyone just glancing at the gallery page could assume that the most recent video was the jonbez one which is always displayed. If the viewer of the gallery ventures further south on the page they will discover more vids but as chuckles points out the videos displayed number 8 only! So they can disappear from the initial gallery page very quickly due to updates. I felt that 16 per page was just right personally.
permalink
02/05/2013 00:29:36

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
Yup, I agree too. At least 12, ideally 16 vids shown, with the Staff Pick being at the bottom of the page, the newest vids at the top. Seems only fair to the Muvi makers.
permalink
02/05/2013 06:13:56

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Posts: 976
What He Said
permalink
02/05/2013 06:40:56

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Yep, 12-18 videos to a page would be great!
permalink
02/05/2013 16:04:32

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Posts: 139
We've been considering this ourselves actually. Watch this space for an update coming soon!
permalink
21/05/2013 08:45:51

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Posts: 126
Hello Ian
Still waiting.........
Please change the Gallery Pictures so they show at least the last 16, or better still, the ability to scroll them down. Seems strange, but most people will scroll down, but not click a button to see page 2,3,4 etc.
Paul (chuckles)
permalink
21/05/2013 13:03:20

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Yeah! Chuckles you are right about the reluctance to click through to another page!

I used to like watching my video making it's way down the old gallery page and when it disappeared from the first 16 to the second page I would think "Time to crank out another!"

I rarely go to the gallery page now.

The forum is practically the only place I visit and I'm sure I'm not the only one!


So I would like to see something of the gallery in other areas of the website .Perhaps a sideways scroller somewhere on the forum page and the blog too.

Wot ya think?


Cheers
D
permalink
21/05/2013 16:03:32

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Hmm, yes, I've noticed I've stopped going on the gallery page recently.
A scrolling thing would be good and more on a page.

The community is growing, more videos are being uploaded.

Pieces of art are being buried.

Gossip
permalink
21/05/2013 17:45:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
I'm just wondering if they need to rethink some of the gallery stuff eg: there are people/channels/users (whatever you want to call each uploader) who upload more then one video per day. I am wondering if the page should not revolve around "latest upload per channel/user" as well. Even if they doubled the size of the gallery uploads with the increase in userbase this problem will mean eventually people's uploads will only be there for a few minutes. So as well as increasing gallery page amount that it can show (it can only be so big really) maybe they also need to find a way to sort uploads by users so that each different person uploading only takes on spot at a time instead of potentially all the spots.
edited by urbanlamb on 21/05/2013
permalink
23/05/2013 13:41:58

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
Posts: 126
Adding to this topic
Is it true, that both ZuboxTV and TheFootballSpecial are both operated by Muvizu People ?
If so, then as I write they currently have 6 out of the 8 videos showing in the Gallery. I think this is unfair, if true, to us mere mortals. Why not have a Separate Gallery for them ?
If they are completely independent, then I humbly apologize in advance.
permalink
23/05/2013 16:18:25

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
I personally don't mind who has videos on the gallery.

If they are good then why not?
The gallery is for creators to show off their work, but it is also there to entertain in my opinion.

Whether professionally created or pieced together by an amatuer for me it comes down to whether it is good or not.

I just want a bigger gallery with smaller thumbnails to allow more videos per page!

Cheers
D
permalink
23/05/2013 16:22:06

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
urbanlamb wrote:
I'm just wondering if they need to rethink some of the gallery stuff eg: there are people/channels/users (whatever you want to call each uploader) who upload more then one video per day. I am wondering if the page should not revolve around "latest upload per channel/user" as well. Even if they doubled the size of the gallery uploads with the increase in userbase this problem will mean eventually people's uploads will only be there for a few minutes. So as well as increasing gallery page amount that it can show (it can only be so big really) maybe they also need to find a way to sort uploads by users so that each different person uploading only takes on spot at a time instead of potentially all the spots.
edited by urbanlamb on 21/05/2013

Hmm, so, 'latest uploader' instead of 'latest video' and when you click on 'latest uploader' it gives a drop down of all their latest videos...

Does anyone agree? dunno
permalink
23/05/2013 16:33:09

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
I'm just wondering if they need to rethink some of the gallery stuff eg: there are people/channels/users (whatever you want to call each uploader) who upload more then one video per day. I am wondering if the page should not revolve around "latest upload per channel/user" as well. Even if they doubled the size of the gallery uploads with the increase in userbase this problem will mean eventually people's uploads will only be there for a few minutes. So as well as increasing gallery page amount that it can show (it can only be so big really) maybe they also need to find a way to sort uploads by users so that each different person uploading only takes on spot at a time instead of potentially all the spots.
edited by urbanlamb on 21/05/2013

Hmm, so, 'latest uploader' instead of 'latest video' and when you click on 'latest uploader' it gives a drop down of all their latest videos...

Does anyone agree? dunno



i dont know why that needs to be so complicated there still will be tones of new videos to watch however watching the fact that one or two channels dominate the front page thereby drowning out anything else will likely discourage people from even bothering. If the idea is to foster community then everyone needs some equal exposure if 2 people upload 3 videos in a single evening then that is the front page dominated. The drop down menu wont work as people respond to visual qeues and will only click on those and will be ignored. It also looks bad to outsiders when they see like 2 accounts with several videos each in the gallery section.

I have seen various complains about one or two channels dominated all the spots when we had more on that page. If you have ever seen when someone spams a place with 20-30 videos premade you will see how it can be abused. This will become more common as the community grows.
edited by urbanlamb on 23/05/2013
permalink
23/05/2013 16:38:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
chuckles wrote:
Adding to this topic
Is it true, that both ZuboxTV and TheFootballSpecial are both operated by Muvizu People ?
If so, then as I write they currently have 6 out of the 8 videos showing in the Gallery. I think this is unfair, if true, to us mere mortals. Why not have a Separate Gallery for them ?
If they are completely independent, then I humbly apologize in advance.



yes i remember this comment awhile back and this spurred this idea.

ZuboxTV is somehow linked with muvizu and I dont know about the other. Never the less i dont think anyone should be able to dominate the front page of any site by spamming uploads. It drives away the rest of the community.
permalink
23/05/2013 17:13:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
ziggy72 wrote:
Yup, I agree too. At least 12, ideally 16 vids shown, with the Staff Pick being at the bottom of the page, the newest vids at the top. Seems only fair to the Muvi makers.




I just saw this comment as well hehe re: staff pics

myself I think that staff pics should be somewhere on the front page and that set of videos link to the gallery and that leaves the gallery page for new uploads. I think the focus of the site is moving away from fostering community in some ways. Staff pics probably wont change very much although they should make an effort to refresh the list and update it once a month.
permalink
23/05/2013 17:30:07

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
chuckles wrote:
Adding to this topic
Is it true, that both ZuboxTV and TheFootballSpecial are both operated by Muvizu People ?
If so, then as I write they currently have 6 out of the 8 videos showing in the Gallery. I think this is unfair, if true, to us mere mortals. Why not have a Separate Gallery for them ?
If they are completely independent, then I humbly apologize in advance.

ZuboxTV is Muvizu's sister company, and I believe TheFootballSpecial is run by Zubox.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
permalink
23/05/2013 18:39:10

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
MrDrWho13 wrote:
chuckles wrote:
Adding to this topic
Is it true, that both ZuboxTV and TheFootballSpecial are both operated by Muvizu People ?
If so, then as I write they currently have 6 out of the 8 videos showing in the Gallery. I think this is unfair, if true, to us mere mortals. Why not have a Separate Gallery for them ?
If they are completely independent, then I humbly apologize in advance.

ZuboxTV is Muvizu's sister company, and I believe TheFootballSpecial is run by Zubox.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.



Yeah this is a social media and community No No. I only just noticed the pull down menu on that page. I can guarantee that no one is ever going to use that unless they are a seasoned user with a lot of spare time on their hands. For the most part the only page that is going to get viewed is the default page for all uploads which for the most part (even with the gallery housed more videos on that page) is dominated by well a couple of users. I dont upload much if at all but since this site is supposed to be a community building tool I am starting to feel like i am being drowned in videos by a single user. I run away from social media and communities when this happens. No point really in being a part of it. Its like going to a party and only one guy has a costume on and the rest of us were forced to take ours off and look at only his lol.
edited by urbanlamb on 23/05/2013
permalink
23/05/2013 19:31:05

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
I've made this mock up, like I did with the timelines.

Do you guys think this is what the gallery should be like?

permalink
23/05/2013 19:41:11

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
Nope gallery page for submissions only and limit 1 per channel to prevent overwhelming the feed with one users submissions.
permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Please Decrease size of Gallery Icons/ Pictures