Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Email updates

the topic is closed
11/04/2013 17:27:08

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Since Muvizu play is out, and the website has changed completely, I think it's time to change the email updates.

Currently, when you subscribe to a forum, you get an email update every time someone updates the forum.

I'll just use the latest one as an example:

You are subscribed to a discussion thread, which has been updated.

To view the updates visit
http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic2622-muvizuplay-v10-feedback.aspx?lastpage=1#post15510

Neil wrote:could you please send it to bugs@muvizu.com with a note to forward it on to me. Thanks.All done



Here are some things that might be useful:
  • To have who wrote the message at the top of the email
  • The formatting (eg: the quote being separate to the post)

Your thoughts on this?



Thanks
MDW13
permalink
11/04/2013 19:36:04

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
hi i sent directly to muvizu but my mails dont get there I am actually now bypassing that thread because the timeline in its present form has to go just tweaking as i read in that thread is not going to do it.

Its also listed in that thread" fixed good enough now for us" I would ask that no one speak for me because I do not agree its not fixed good enough for us. Its a complete disaster and needs heavy recoding and needs to be rolled back to the old timeline with just the snapping in place

Unfortunately often my email swims to the uk from canada
edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013
permalink
11/04/2013 19:44:44

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
urbanlamb wrote:
hi i sent directly to muvizu but my mails dont get there I am actually now bypassing that thread because the timeline in its present form has to go just tweaking as i read in that thread is not going to do it.

Its also listed in that thread" fixed good enough now for us" I would ask that no one speak for me because I do not agree its not fixed good enough for us. Its a complete disaster and needs heavy recoding and needs to be rolled back to the old timeline with just the snapping in place

Unfortunately often my email swims to the uk from canada
edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013



Ok, read the latest list and you will see that the unselecting options is 'good enough' and your problems are under 'other issues related to timeline'
permalink
11/04/2013 19:48:48

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
hi i sent directly to muvizu but my mails dont get there I am actually now bypassing that thread because the timeline in its present form has to go just tweaking as i read in that thread is not going to do it.

Its also listed in that thread" fixed good enough now for us" I would ask that no one speak for me because I do not agree its not fixed good enough for us. Its a complete disaster and needs heavy recoding and needs to be rolled back to the old timeline with just the snapping in place

Unfortunately often my email swims to the uk from canada
edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013



Ok, read the latest list and you will see that the unselecting options is 'good enough' and your problems are under 'other issues related to timeline'



I sent my feedback to bugs at muvizu.com if a dev wants to contact me they via the forum but i really dont know who to contact. Again I state they need to roll it back to the previous state with only snapping in place and go back to the drawing board. Its impossible to even test the rest of the changes with that in place.
permalink
11/04/2013 19:55:50

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
urbanlamb wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
hi i sent directly to muvizu but my mails dont get there I am actually now bypassing that thread because the timeline in its present form has to go just tweaking as i read in that thread is not going to do it.

Its also listed in that thread" fixed good enough now for us" I would ask that no one speak for me because I do not agree its not fixed good enough for us. Its a complete disaster and needs heavy recoding and needs to be rolled back to the old timeline with just the snapping in place

Unfortunately often my email swims to the uk from canada
edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013



Ok, read the latest list and you will see that the unselecting options is 'good enough' and your problems are under 'other issues related to timeline'



I sent my feedback to bugs at muvizu.com if a dev wants to contact me they via the forum but i really dont know who to contact. Again I state they need to roll it back to the previous state with only snapping in place and go back to the drawing board. Its impossible to even test the rest of the changes with that in place.


I like the new timeline idea... dunno
permalink
11/04/2013 20:00:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
hi i sent directly to muvizu but my mails dont get there I am actually now bypassing that thread because the timeline in its present form has to go just tweaking as i read in that thread is not going to do it.

Its also listed in that thread" fixed good enough now for us" I would ask that no one speak for me because I do not agree its not fixed good enough for us. Its a complete disaster and needs heavy recoding and needs to be rolled back to the old timeline with just the snapping in place

Unfortunately often my email swims to the uk from canada
edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013



Ok, read the latest list and you will see that the unselecting options is 'good enough' and your problems are under 'other issues related to timeline'



I sent my feedback to bugs at muvizu.com if a dev wants to contact me they via the forum but i really dont know who to contact. Again I state they need to roll it back to the previous state with only snapping in place and go back to the drawing board. Its impossible to even test the rest of the changes with that in place.


I like the new timeline idea... dunno




nothing wrong with the idea its a time test age old idea that works everywhere else its how the idea has been executed that is the problem and a few tweaks aint gonna help it unfortunately. I dont see them fixing this in a week because they have to change the ui as well
permalink
18/04/2013 15:44:53

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Posts: 609
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Since Muvizu play is out, and the website has changed completely, I think it's time to change the email updates.

Currently, when you subscribe to a forum, you get an email update every time someone updates the forum.

I'll just use the latest one as an example:

You are subscribed to a discussion thread, which has been updated.

To view the updates visit
http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic2622-muvizuplay-v10-feedback.aspx?lastpage=1#post15510

Neil wrote:could you please send it to bugs@muvizu.com with a note to forward it on to me. Thanks.All done



Here are some things that might be useful:
  • To have who wrote the message at the top of the email
  • The formatting (eg: the quote being separate to the post)

Your thoughts on this?



Thanks
MDW13


Thanks for the suggestion MrDrWho13!

urbanlamb, we got all your emails, we just had an awful lot to work through for this release. You should have a reply now. We take all your points seriously and are listening to them - sorry it took us a while to get back to you by email

--
Direct, don't animate!
permalink
18/04/2013 15:53:19

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Thanks Jamie!
permalink
20/05/2013 15:02:57

Dwarf
Dwarf
Posts: 133
You might also add the time of the message
eg: Today : 13:10
permalink
20/05/2013 16:53:38

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Hmm, yes, but it is usually show on the email by default on most email providers.
permalink
20/05/2013 17:25:30

Dwarf
Dwarf
Posts: 133
humm ... yes , you're right . Forget what I said
permalink
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Email updates